I

itwasallascream

May 19, 2024
This is a rant and so no need to respond by protecting the Samaritans.

Fuck the Samaritans.

If i hear one more person saying that I should contact them I am going to email every executive member of the Samaritans and tell them to go fuck themselves. What a shitty shitty self-centred misguided subjective dishonest vile gross pathetic useless organisation masquerading as an altruisitic force. What a fucking pile of shit. If they really wanted to help they would take their entire budget and use it to invest in a high return imvestment account and then use the profits to set up free longterm psychotherapy. The fact that they don't demonstrates that they don't give a fuck about mental health but just want the praise from everyone thinking that they are altruistic. Fucking liars. Useless fucking cunts. Fucking dickheads. Take your religious shit and use it to fuck yourself in the rectum. Fuck the Samaritans.

• Hugs
Reactions: Superdeterminist, Chronicoverwhelm, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I phoned them once years ago and I may as well have spoken to the wall tbh.

Reactions: permanently tired, Ironborn and unabletocope
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
I've used them on and off for a few years now. Sometimes people are sympathetic, sometimes I've gotten into arguments lol (can recall two calls where I got hung up on), it's not a great substitute for genuine therapy, I would consider BetterHelp if you have access to that

I

itwasallascream

May 19, 2024
I phoned them once years ago and I may as well have spoken to the wall tbh.
Same. Im gonna do a web chat and will post the details on here to demonstrate how awful it is.
Same. Im gonna do a web chat and will post the details on here to demonstrate how awful it is.
Also i know someone who is transphobic who volunteers for them. Fuck the Samaritans

C

curiousbeing

Dec 18, 2022

Also i know someone who is transphobic who volunteers for them. Fuck the Samaritans
it's horrible. I stupidly thought they were good people.

C

CyzerRaze

Jun 18, 2024
Just found out about the Samaritans from your spot and (correct me if I'm wrong) they just seem like another suicide hotline. I completely agree with you and it's very annoying that people with no suicidal thought think they have a moral mandate to judge and influence the choices of others.

T

thirdtimesthecharmg

Failed twice
Jun 16, 2024
I've used them on and off for a few years now. Sometimes people are sympathetic, sometimes I've gotten into arguments lol (can recall two calls where I got hung up on), it's not a great substitute for genuine therapy, I would consider BetterHelp if you have access to that
BetterHelp rejected me when I told them how recent my suicidal ideation was, when I was a week out of my attempt and trying to find another option than the referral from where I was in psych. It was like bro, I just want to talk about it now; why are you running away? Isn't this what you do? 😂

Reactions: Linda
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
BetterHelp rejected me when I told them how recent my suicidal ideation was, when I was a week out of my attempt and trying to find another option than the referral from where I was in psych. It was like bro, I just want to talk about it now; why are you running away? Isn't this what you do? 😂
Ahh that's crap man, sorry it didn't work out. I worked with a guy when I was feeling suicidal and didn't have the same issues, and this is even during being on the ward for a period. Modern therapy is crap haha

• Hugs
Reactions: thirdtimesthecharmg
T

thirdtimesthecharmg

Failed twice
Jun 16, 2024
Ahh that's crap man, sorry it didn't work out. I worked with a guy when I was feeling suicidal and didn't have the same issues, and this is even during being on the ward for a period. Modern therapy is crap haha
The funny thing is at one point in all of this when I was on the recovery side I actually thought about going into psychology. I don't think I could last long enough to be useful but I liked the idea of trying to be a counselor. I don't think in reality I would've been good at it but fun idea.

I think if I'd been currently signed up they would've taken me but not as a new patient at that point but it was frustrating.

D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
They made sympathetic noises and said oh I can't imagine what you're going through..... yeah not helpful