kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
god i wish i was rich. i could do absolutely fucking nothing except what i enjoy, and it would be fine. acceptable. i wouldn't get in trouble for sitting on my arse all day. but no, 99.9% of the population has to do something with their life! you have to go to school, have to get a job, have to follow the laws, have to pay bills, have to follow the government's every single fucking whim like a dog on a leash. it would be so much easier to be rich. but no, of course that's not possible for a majority of us. and so i have to resort to ctb. what a wonderful world this is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Alucard, puppy9, Good4Nothing and 11 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
You know how they say money don't buy happiness, I kinda agree with it, but in my opinion money does improve your life quality to a certain extent which is essential for survival&sense of fulfilment.

I'm not a fan of the way this world works, at least when we speak of inequality and injustice.
It feels to me like it's all kinda random and too far-fetched.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, kinzokukae, sadghost and 5 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
god i wish i was rich. i could do absolutely fucking nothing except what i enjoy, and it would be fine. acceptable. i wouldn't get in trouble for sitting on my arse all day. but no, 99.9% of the population has to do something with their life! you have to go to school, have to get a job, have to follow the laws, have to pay bills, have to follow the government's every single fucking whim like a dog on a leash. it would be so much easier to be rich. but no, of course that's not possible for a majority of us. and so i have to resort to ctb. what a wonderful world this is.

I don't know, considering that every once in a while we see big celebrities kill themselves, i'm not sure if being rich would solve it all.
I mean, i rather cry of misery in a Ferrari than in a bus, that's for sure, and i'd love to have no pressure or responsibilities placed on me and making me anxious.
I'd also love to have no student debt.
So i do agree and understand what you mean there, if i was a billionare i wouldn't have to study or go to college, i could just make a bunch of safe investments.
I would never had to work or study at all, maybe my depression due to the pressure and fear of failure would fade.
Still, part of my, and many people's, depression is due to other things, like the lack of pleasure, the disinterest.
It's pointless to be able to do whatever you want when you don't really care or want anything, or if you want things that money can't really buy.
It's like, poverty is miserable, middle class life also in a certain way because you still have to chose between working you ass off or being homeless.
However, there are times when it seems to me like the very human condition is miserable, so idk.
Like i've said, i agree with you, being super rich would make me happier and more hopeful, but i'm still not sure if it would be enough to make me "happy".
Life just seriously sucks so hard.

Reactions: Élégie, Deleted member 19276, kinzokukae and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Money can buy a lot of thing's but it can't buy true happiness, though I often wonder if such a thing exists. It can buy you so many material items, which some may bring happy memories and a sense of euphoria, but when we die? What happens to all these material items, bar potential family members arguing over them?

Reactions: Élégie, kinzokukae, KleinerWolf and 2 others
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
I don't know, considering that every once in a while we see big celebrities kill themselves, i'm not sure if being rich would solve it all.
I mean, i rather cry of misery in a Ferrari than in a bus, that's for sure, and i'd love to have no pressure or responsibilities placed on me and making me anxious.
I'd also love to have no student debt.
So i do agree and understand what you mean there, if i was a billionare i wouldn't have to study or go to college, i could just make a bunch of safe investments.
I would never had to work or study at all, maybe my depression due to the pressure and fear of failure would fade.
Still, part of my, and many people's, depression is due to other things, like the lack of pleasure, the disinterest.
It's pointless to be able to do whatever you want when you don't really care or want anything, or if you want things that money can't really buy.
It's like, poverty is miserable, middle class life also in a certain way because you still have to chose between working you ass off or being homeless.
However, there are times when it seems to me like the very human condition is miserable, so idk.
Like i've said, i agree with you, being super rich would make me happier and more hopeful, but i'm still not sure if it would be enough to make me "happy".
Life just seriously sucks so hard.

yeah being rich definitely wouldn't solve things per se, but considering half of my anxieties stem from things money could easily overcome, it would be way more preferable to living like this
Money can buy a lot of thing's but it can't buy true happiness, though I often wonder if such a thing exists. It can buy you so many material items, which some may bring happy memories and a sense of euphoria, but when we die? What happens to all these material items, bar potential family members arguing over them?

in my opinion, money can buy happiness for some people, because not everyone has the same definition of happiness. for one person, it could be getting married and having a family, which money can't really buy - only help. however, someone else's happiness might be having a huge house and a garden to tend to - all of which can be done with money. i guess it depends on the person and their priorities

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and maru.
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
yeah being rich definitely wouldn't solve things per se, but considering half of my anxieties stem from things money could easily overcome, it would be way more preferable to living like this

I see, i think we agree then, money doesn't guarantee happiness to everyone, but it does guarantee that you become happi*er* for sure at least.
I hope you can overcome any money issue you have, lad, maybe win the lottery, that would be pretty dope

Reactions: Élégie, Deleted member 19276 and kinzokukae
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
I see, i think we agree then, money doesn't guarantee happiness to everyone, but it does guarantee that you become happi*er* for sure at least.
I hope you can overcome any money issue you have, lad, maybe win the lottery, that would be pretty dope

ha thanks, though it's not necessarily 'issues' - it's just that more money would mean being able to skip out on plenty of annoying things (,:

• Love
Reactions: maru.
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Take a look at 'Bullshit Jobs' by David Graeber. The majority of all jobs are unnecessary. Society has normalized the idea that people have to work to earn a living, but in reality this isn't economically sustainable. Most people just do busy work, or deliberately work as inefficiently as possible to ensure that there'll still be work to do. If we didn't then there wouldn't be NEARLY enough jobs for everyone - think about it... manufacturing, agriculture, construction, warehousing, etc... are largely automated are require fewer and fewer workers to do the same job year on year.

Eventually the bubble will burst and they'll be forced to admit that giving EVERYONE a job is just too inefficient.

Last edited:
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I agree. The stuff you mentioned in your post pisses me off so bad. Also like why should you have to pay to live when you dont want to. Fuck it just gonna ctb

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I sometimes tell the story of how I was headhunted from a small company at which I was just a junior employee, interviewed and offered a job that paid triple what I was earning at the time as a starting salary. I turned it down, much to the chagrin of my nasty ex at the time. The job would have led me further down a career path I did not want to take, required moving and besides that, I was actually really happy where I was - we weren't struggling financially.

There have been times in my life where I've had absolutely no money and where I've had to fight for every penny and other times in my life where I've worked for a few weeks a year and had all the money I could ever need. But money has never brought me happiness and it never will. A lack of money causes anxiety and stress, of course, but having money per se doesn't equal being happy.

Just last month I would have said that everything I ever needed to be happy was now devastatingly beyond my reach and there was, therefore, no point in continuing in the pursuit of the eternally unobtainable. But right now, after having fought relentlessly and lost each and every battle over the last seven years, I have a spark of hope to chase.

Things can and do change, often on the whim of chance and often for the worse, but sometimes for the better too. I hope something changes for you soon as it did for me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Joey, puppy9 and 2 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Just lol at 'money doesn't buy you happiness.' Money could buy me loads of holidays, games, a nice house, good food, interesting hobbies and other convenient things. I feel like that line was just made up to ease the burn for people that sunk a load of effort into life only to find that there is no guarantee that you'll get loads out of life.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, puppy9 and Good4Nothing
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
We didn't ask to be born. So, we don't have to "assume ourserlves".

LI (F) E