specklenought

specklenought

Internet Cry Baby
Oct 2, 2020
anyone else find lifeline/suicide chat services unbearably painful to talk to? The weird copy/paste "that sounds incredibly painful" or "it sounds like x.... is that right?" "tell me more about x" combined with their inability to type like a normal person????
It's so frustrating. I get angry as soon as they start to express any sort of empathy for me. One was like "you have to try harder" and its like... HARDER THAN WHAT???? I should probably just stop interacting with them all together. I just dont have anyone else to talk to right now.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, sadworld, puppy9 and 6 others
W

Womps

Nov 1, 2020
Ive never called and never will probably, i could only imagine their generic responses would just make me angry lol. You can talk to me though, i do not have anyone to talk to either, i just dont have PM yet i dont know how many posts i need to unlock it..

• Love
Reactions: sadworld, specklenought, whywere and 3 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Fuck life in general
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld, sadboi94 and rt1989526
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I called 1 time and NEVER again. When I called the person who answered asked if I was going to commit suicide and i said no I just eneeded someone to talk to to figure things out and he was something along the line of you know this si a suicide hotline. Well DUH! He enver helped me at all just seemed to confirm that I was speaking with a aha or umm yes. NEVER ever again. horrible. I lifeline website says that one can call about all sorts of things, well I did not expereince that at all.

• Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning and sadworld
Lazuli

Lazuli

Oct 26, 2020
The staff immediately assumed me as LGBTQ+. When I told her my depression had nothing to do with gender / sexual orientation, she offered some generic suggestions I simply could google.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sadworld and specklenought
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
U can speak to me bro ... Don't know how much I may be able to help u .. But will try my best ...

• Love
Reactions: sadworld and Womps
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
anyone else find lifeline/suicide chat services unbearably painful to talk to? The weird copy/paste "that sounds incredibly painful" or "it sounds like x.... is that right?" "tell me more about x" combined with their inability to type like a normal person????
It's so frustrating. I get angry as soon as they start to express any sort of empathy for me. One was like "you have to try harder" and its like... HARDER THAN WHAT???? I should probably just stop interacting with them all together. I just dont have anyone else to talk to right now.
I say don't even bother with any of that nonsense. They have a script. Literally. And most of the people who work on the hotlines are younger generations trying to get their volunteer hours in so they can look good on their resumes, etc. Or just people in general who need to pat themselves on the back, hero complex sufferers escalating calls to feel powerful and "helpful".
The honest receivers won't last long at the job and it will be rare that you will ever have one of those at the other end of the line.

• Love
Reactions: Lazuli, sadworld, specklenought and 3 others
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
have you tried the crisis line? I have talked to some genuine people on the text chat. Other than that, the suicide hotline is unbearable. I have only gotten half assed responses. It's nothing like people advertise it to be. It isn't a safe place to talk about your problems. They don't try to deescalate the situation. I literally called once and they told me they couldn't help me. Imagine? *eyeroll* That and the wait time.

Reactions: sadworld and specklenought
specklenought

specklenought

Internet Cry Baby
Oct 2, 2020
I sort of cycle through the various lines, i never call, only every web chat. I remember calling when I was like 16 and it was honestly one of the worst experiences of my life. I often call like queer peer support lines, bc often they are better understanding of complex trauma, and dont make everything about gender or sexuality. But they're so overrun at the moment every service has a 20 minute limit.

have you tried the crisis line? I have talked to some genuine people on the text chat.
Sometimes I get okay people, but its really a mixed bag. and yeah the wait time is exhausting.

I say don't even bother with any of that nonsense. They have a script. Literally. And most of the people who work on the hotlines are younger generations trying to get their volunteer hours in so they can look good on their resumes, etc.
The SCRIPT!!! Sometimes I point it out to them, and then i just get weirdly hostile. Like I've been in therapy my whole life, my parents are mental health professionals and I do occasionally do work in the mental health sector. Babe I know its how ur trained but this wont work on me.

I'm just at such a loss. I feel like no one takes me seriously. I don't even anymore. I have a room full of stuff to CTB and everyone thinks I'm sooooo fine because I'm a high functioning. I think i've attempted a few times in the last month but chickened out last minute and i just go on buisness as usual. I find it physically impossible to talk about it anymore. The words just vanish when I see people who would genuinely care if I died. But I still want to die so I dont tell them. I can just keep this facade going forever until I'm gone. I feel so completely trapped.

Reactions: sadworld and LastFlowers
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I wanna them to be like....

suicide-hotline_o_580951.jpg

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, DetachedDreamer97, sadworld and 1 other person