S

Soupster

Student
Aug 14, 2024
So, I know my mental illnesses intimately by now, and have a solid idea of where various symptoms and warning signs lead if I'm not careful. Sleep is a huge one for my bi-polar. If I start sleeping excessively - I'm going to hit rock bottom on the depression scale. When I stop sleeping altogether or only get a couple hours a night consistently I am going into a manic episode or the ever so fun mixed episode.

I just realized it's 530 in the morning. I will, if I somehow fall asleep instantly, get 1-2 hours of sleep. Last night I got 3. The two nights before I didn't sleep at all. And I'm not even slightly tired. And yes I've taken Rx sleep meds each night and still have failed to sleep.

Fuck!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mikgazer6, amnesia999, alltoomuch2 and 4 others
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
I've been on the same train. Benzos didn't help at all. Psychiatrist started to give me Seroquel (quetiapine) building up to 900 mg which knocked me out , but I was still admitted.

Have you tried breathing exercises? Play Store (Android) offers a free app suggested by my fysiotherapist. It's called Awesome Breathing Pacer Timer and it has an exercise 'Relaxing Breathing' which may help you get to relax and sleep. I know it sounds silly, but it has helped me getting to sleep in the past.