They're evil

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 23009, 262653, It'sMyLife and 19 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
one of the reasons why I hope to cbt this week or next one is so that I can avoid starting the new semester. so yeah, fuck college.

Reactions: Deleted member 23009, HelloHell, WaitForSleep and 6 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
College was not for me.

Reactions: It'sMyLife, Gnip, Nitrogennitrite and 4 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
They're evil
They're just businesses now, which create debt, and are a way to further indoctrinate young people into the dominant cultural ideologies (even if you're doing a STEM subject, you're still part of a general institutional environment which pushes for certain ideological positions).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, AnnonyBox, degeneratewaste and 13 others
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
I'm in the same boat here. I can't focus one bit on schoolwork. But I had one of those the universe works in mysterious ways moments earlier. I signed into my school account to look at this weeks assignments. I'm studying exercise science. My nutrition class professor posted a note saying let's take a break from the course and I'd like for you to write a paper about what you're doing to keep yourself in good shape mentally. I may have just written the best paper of my entire time in school about my mental health struggles for a nutrition class. It felt good to word vomit some of the things swirling around my head. My nutrition professor is battling cancer. She's such a super sweet women.

• Hugs
Reactions: AnnonyBox, Meditation guide, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I entered university this September and left it after a week lol.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lynh, It'sMyLife, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
false hope :) hahaha.

Reactions: Gnip, puppy9, Disappointered and 1 other person
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
They're just businesses now, which create debt, and are a way to further indoctrinate young people into the dominant cultural ideologies (even if you're doing a STEM subject, you're still part of a general institutional environment which pushes for certain ideological positions).

I was scammed into thinking college was necessary for success, it would help solve my problems. Instead I received "instruction" from professors about idiotic garbage and was left out to rot when I tried to explain my mental health problems. Treated like absolute trash, alone and no one cared about me. Now leaving with nothing to show for this wasted effort but thousands in debt from 2 different colleges. Student loans soon to be in repayment when I have no job and no income, the burden falls to my parents.

Unrepentant scammers. Only care about money no matter what other ideology they try to preach. I wish I could CTB now... I was willing to wait until I was maybe 26, but I can't stand this anymore.

I wish I had left after a week, unfortunately it took me falling into a depressive state and preceding to fail all my classes and not giving a shit to realize I had made a mistake in coming all the way out to a different state during this stupid pandemic. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from making the deposit. Now I have to scramble to pack up my bags and take a flight, my shit advisor couldn't be bothered to tell me when the deadline to leave was.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: AnnonyBox, Lynh, It'sMyLife and 9 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Sorry about that. What is the reason if you don't mind me asking?

I've quite university 5 times and in 1 occasion I quit before first class even started.

Reactions: Disappointered
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
Sorry about that. What is the reason if you don't mind me asking?

I've quite university 5 times and in 1 occasion I quit before first class even started.
It was a completely shit and too expensive including its dormitory, and I felt bad there due to anxiety and some other things. May I ask about yours?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lynh, Disappointered and death137
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
College is a sham lol, and I'm about to graduate this semester having learned nothing useful.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lynh, Disappointered, puppy9 and 2 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
It was a completely shit and too expensive including its dormitory, and I felt bad there due to anxiety and some other things. May I ask about yours?
Social anxiety

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, puppy9, LastWhisper and 1 other person
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
They're honestly one of the major reasons why young people have poor mental health

Reactions: Lynh, Disappointered, demuic and 1 other person
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'm so glad someone else is aware of this. Most poor saps can't ever get to the point of even allowing themselves to consider it might be possible because their identity revolves around the approval they got from the cult institution they attended. The most disturbing part is that those who've infiltrated faculties to police them ideologically are able to create a constant paper chase that the vast majority of students will never have a chance at overcoming, leaving them unable to counter the sophisticated propaganda. They are fooled into believing the classes are actually about objectively identifying the best lines of argument and research when there are in fact very strict boundaries that won't be allowed to get crossed. In grad school it only gets worse with students forced to pander to the thought police to find and get along with a supervisor. Lines of inquiry that might undermine their social engineering goals will be frowned upon or nixed on the basis of lack of interest (if they don't think they can get away with lying that it doesn't make for fruitful research or won't be supported by enough arguments...I have seen them do this). Imagine taking a course ostensibly about objective deliberation and biases in knowledge creation only to discover it's set up precisely to counter awareness of institutional bias at universities and to tell students that certain 'controversial' positions are untenable and thus not even open for discussion. That is actually what I observed taking place in the past and it's only getting worse. I'm also glad you pointed out that even in the STEM subjects the direction of research is carefully controlled for ideological purposes. There's some buzz about 'big pharma' funding so that people are fooled into believing the system works but that's about it. The same goes for professional programs, especially, contrary to what many probably believe, the more competitive ones. And good luck trying to counter it by becoming a professor: your time in grad school will be much more onerous and you will likely never be allowed on a tenure track unless it's clear you and your academic work product will be on the right team.

It's a good strategy to colonize the minds of vulnerable future generations and seems to have been going on for at least a few decades. I always hated school and have my own biases but the situation is way worse than people realize.

tldr: fuck college

Last edited:
Reactions: AnnonyBox, Lynh, GravityUtilizer and 5 others
Bull in a China shop

Bull in a China shop

Self destruction button in play
Oct 21, 2020
Uni and college isn't the be all and end all in this generation, I really don't understand why you put so much pressure on yourselves It's not as though it's once in a lifetime my next door neighbour started uni at 52.
one of the reasons why I hope to cbt this week
one of the reasons why I hope to cbt this week or next one is so that I can avoid starting the new semester. so yeah, fuck college.
Why, sorry I cannot understand the logic,

or next one is so that I can avoid starting the new semester. so yeah,

Last edited:
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Uni and college isn't the be all and end all in this generation, I really don't understand why you put so much pressure on yourselves It's not as though it's once in a lifetime my next door neighbour started uni at 52.

There is a feeling of urgency. Especially with the economic situations of young people nowadays. You'll feel like you'll only be able to have a low paying job in fast food, retail, etc. But even those with degrees remain unemployed. It's a shitshow.

I don't even want much money, but I absolutely don't want to do any kind of customer service (social anxiety) so I felt like I needed to go to college to avoid those types of jobs. But now I really have no will to work or live so it doesn't matter anymore

• Love
Reactions: Lynh and darkness falls
darkness falls

darkness falls

Oct 22, 2020
Because the best paying jobs require degrees. Trust me as someone without a degree. The pressure to go to school and earn a degree (often doesn't matter what degree as long as you have it) infiltrates every facet of modern life. Esp economic stability. Even the lowest paid crap jobs demand a degree now. It's asinine.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, WearyWanderer, Lynh and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
They are fooled into believing the classes are actually about objectively identifying the best lines of argument and research when there are in fact very strict boundaries that won't be allowed to get crossed
This is exactly what happens in journalism course too. They essentially function as 'ministry of truth' faculties which reduce the boundaries of acceptable discourse to very narrow limits, but teaching their students that journalism is some noble crusade for truth and justice from positions of pure neutrality.

Then the 'journalists' go to work for news organizations or media outlets, unaware of their biases, blind spots and a priori ideological assumptions.
The major media outlets have become propaganda organs for the latest trendy theories that left-wing humanities professors cook up, and journalists become unwitting lackeys pushing the sometimes dissimulated theories under the guise of objective reporting.

I don't actually have a problem with news reporting or journalism which functions with certain political presuppositions and assumptions (as it's impossible to present pure facts divorced from values, since all use of language brings with it a set of value assumptions, and also what they choose to present to the public involves a choice to leave other things out, which can only be based on a political value base), but I do have a problem with news reporting which claims that it is unbiased and value-free, when it is clearly not.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: It'sMyLife, Gnip, Good4Nothing and 2 others
Bull in a China shop

Bull in a China shop

Self destruction button in play
Oct 21, 2020
Who told you that? Even if you are qualified, it does not mean that you automatically walk into a job

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnip
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Society is the one who puts on the pressure, so do the parents and the people hiring-who a lot of the time require you to have some type of degree, even if said degree is useless in that particular job. Times may have changed for the lucky entrepreneur or "influencer" (horrible), but not for your everyday person.

I was unable to complete even the usual minimum of education because of certain circumstances...and cruelty because of those circumstances which pushed me to have to leave that environment.
Because of that I lack a lot of knowledge that people my age have usually attained by now. (In its place, just an excruciatingly deep understanding of pain and suffering.)
When someone asks about where you went to school or what you studied (which seems to be a go-to small talk opener), my truthful answer defines my supposed intelligence in their eyes. They look down on me.
I don't have time to explain my entire life story to them and they don't exactly have the minds to listen or comprehend it. People are shallow, they take one look at you, get you to say a few words, and that's the impression that will forever permeate their brain. It's irritating and invalidating. Humans are always on the hunt to bask in their own superiority.
Also, the process to get into certain colleges, especially the more selective ones, is much more preferential to younger people and those who stayed the narrow path from high school without taking a gap year, never mind a gap decade or more.
Taking classes as a middle aged adult only works for a small amount of people vs the majority. Older people also have a tougher time getting hired, even more so if they're just starting out on what they plan to make some type of paying job/'career'.

So I get the pressure of any school environment, both academically and socially. Add other issues to it, and it's like a ticking time bomb. A bonafide pressure cooker.
I burned out fast despite my high investment
in academia because of issues unrelated to the actual schooling, but rather the school and the student body itself.
My parents still blame me to this day for that one too, they still get on my case, they don't understand it is impossible to waste energy you don't have on pursuing something that will only matter if other problems are solved first. Problems that made me lethargic and listless with no ounce of life or hope, all of which have gotten far worse and more permanent with time and other events.

Sometimes I forget about this particular aspect of loss and lack of opportunity in my life because I am so overwhelmed with other things, but threads like this remind me that just because I didn't get a degree or two (not even close), I will be put to death with many assuming me somewhat stupid in comparison to them, an unattractive,"mentally ill", simple minded individual. How awful, how erasing..just makes me want to laugh out of insanity in the face of the projected narrative they will write over me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lynh and 7 others
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Yea fuck colleges and universities
I'm gonna ctb before the next semester. I don't have the mental capacity to start my final year project

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lynh, Gnip and 2 others
WaitForSleep

WaitForSleep

Nov 23, 2019
God I really regret not getting into a trade when I was 18. Instead I get sucked into the college scam. I'm a junior studying computer science currently and I don't know if I can make it through, there's so many bullshit classes I have to take and pay money for (an example being a "Race and Ethnicity" course required for graduation) on top of my programming ones. I hate the busy work, I hate that no one gives a shit, I hate that people act like getting your Bachelor's degree is the only way to progress career-wise

Reactions: Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Because the best paying jobs require degrees. Trust me as someone without a degree. The pressure to go to school and earn a degree (often doesn't matter what degree as long as you have it) infiltrates every facet of modern life. Esp economic stability. Even the lowest paid crap jobs demand a degree now. It's asinine.

That's brainwashing bullshit the assholes selling ridiculously overpriced degrees want everybody to believe. A week after my girlfriend clinched her PharmD, she wrote me a bitter angry email lamenting, "We've all been sold a bill of goods. I am looking over my shoulder, the same person I was before, after supposedly achieving the pinnacle of academic achievement. All I've done is given others more of an opportunity to own my time and life. Now I'll be working until I die, etcetera, etcetera..."

For whatever it's worth, all of the financially independent employees I've known were in sales, a field where a degree actually counts AGAINST you, and the job interview is 100% of the opportunity to get hired.

Getting truly wealthy though means being your own boss, whereas degrees teach you to work for somebody else. Universities teach students to think in terms of limitations, not possibilities.

When my step nephew was a boy, he took apart my brother's computer to figure it out. He never went to college. Today, he's got a family, drives a Cadillac, and makes a fine living working for Spectrum, still in his mid 20's, and with no student debt. My sister didn't even graduate high school, yet she's got over a million in her retirement fund. The girl I grew up next door to never went to college, yet earned millions as an executive for Avon. The husband of my sister's best friend is nearing retirement as a corporate executive in Geneva despite never attending college. A boy I grew up with owns and operates a massive marketing company despite blowing off the completion of his degree in economics despite being one credit short. (He quipped to me, "Why should I bother? To give myself a raise? Bull fucking shit!")

Back when I attended bartending school, an assistant manager there with a couple degrees admitted to me, "All a degree does is tell an employer you can 'Play the game.' In other words, a degree is nothing more than a glorified ass kisser. Don't be an ass kisser!" (Incidentally, the founder and owner of that bartending school was a B 24 Liberator bomber pilot in WW II who never bothered going to college. I knew a number of combat veterans who were self made millionaires. What the hell did they have to be afraid of after those youthful experiences?)

During this internet day and age, a degree means less than it has at any time since before the GI Bill caused it to be an artificial job requirement.

Having a degree only matters to those who think it matters. The ones who know it doesn't matter are the ones who rule the world. (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg...)
Society is the one who puts on the pressure, so do the parents and the people hiring-who a lot of the time require you to have some type of degree, even if said degree is useless in that particular job. Times may have changed for the lucky entrepreneur or "influencer" (horrible), but not for your everyday person.

I was unable to complete even the usual minimum of education because of certain circumstances...and cruelty because of those circumstances which pushed me to have to leave that environment.
Because of that I lack a lot of knowledge that people my age have usually attained by now. (In its place, just an excruciatingly deep understanding of pain and suffering.)
When someone asks about where you went to school or what you studied (which seems to be a go-to small talk opener), my truthful answer defines my supposed intelligence in their eyes. They look down on me.
I don't have time to explain my entire life story to them and they don't exactly have the minds to listen or comprehend it. People are shallow, they take one look at you, get you to say a few words, and that's the impression that will forever permeate their brain. It's irritating and invalidating. Humans are always on the hunt to bask in their own superiority.
Also, the process to get into certain colleges, especially the more selective ones, is much more preferential to younger people and those who stayed the narrow path from high school without taking a gap year, never mind a gap decade or more.
Taking classes as a middle aged adult only works for a small amount of people vs the majority. Older people also have a tougher time getting hired, even more so if they're just starting out on what they plan to make some type of paying job/'career'.

So I get the pressure of any school environment, both academically and socially. Add other issues to it, and it's like a ticking time bomb. A bonafide pressure cooker.
I burned out fast despite my high investment
in academia because of issues unrelated to the actual schooling, but rather the school and the student body itself.
My parents still blame me to this day for that one too, they still get on my case, they don't understand it is impossible to waste energy you don't have on pursuing something that will only matter if other problems are solved first. Problems that made me lethargic and listless with no ounce of life or hope, all of which have gotten far worse and more permanent with time and other events.

Sometimes I forget about this particular aspect of loss and lack of opportunity in my life because I am so overwhelmed with other things, but threads like this remind me that just because I didn't get a degree or two (not even close), I will be put to death with many assuming me somewhat stupid in comparison to them, an unattractive,"mentally ill", simple minded individual. How awful, how erasing..just makes me want to laugh out of insanity in the face of the projected narrative they will write over me.

Funny. People are afraid to tell me they have degrees, because they're afraid I will look down on them as mindless brain dead ass kissers. (They're right. My PharmD friend texted me a few months ago to please stop making her feel like she was being slammed for having gone to college. I had to remind her that I helped her get her doctorate, and that all the degrees who shit on me when I was growing up earned my unconditional disrespect. That also automatically goes for EVERY degree who EVER looks down on you in any way for not going to college. Unlike all of them, you have a mind of your own.)

I have known a few degrees who actually are legitimately great people BTW, who honestly look down on nobody. (Incidentally, Donald Trump is one of them. I never saw him treat a server, housekeeper, taxi driver or other working class person with anything but courtesy and respect. This is a guy who hates war so much he goes to Andrews Air Force Base to receive the bodies of killed service members personally. To him, they're actual human beings, not statistics like they were to LBJ and McNamara during Vietnam. Fuck the negative image the news media wants to paint of him. In real life, he's a good guy, and I encountered him enough times in 2015 and 2016 to have a baseline. Hillary Clinton on the other hand is a POS, as is Kamala Harris. In person, Joe Biden and Bill Clinton were also all right in my experience, although Biden's badly slipped now mentally, for what my first hand observations are worth.)

As a follow up to what I just posted about Trump, my PharmD friend has a number of friends and relatives in government service, and she texted me that Trump changed federal jobs to be skill based versus college based, no small consideration given the fact the federal government is the nation's largest employer. The elitist media is crammed with degrees, which is why they hate him so much.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lynh, It'sMyLife and 2 others
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
At the beginning of class:
"Welcome to calculus everyone!"

At the end of class:
"...and because of that you cant be racist against white people...Don't forget your homework for next week, bye"

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, WaitForSleep, Disappointered and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I met a guy in my phd cohort who did not know basic arithmetics. But hey it was ok, he checked the victim boxes

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Disappointered and Gnip

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
The only benefit I recieved from high school was social experience. Even though it was largely unpleasant at that time, in hindsight it provided me with valuable insights on human behavior, and what to do in certain social situations. But paying for school to get social experience is a bit overkill, I think.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and Gnip
iminkie

iminkie

Aug 22, 2020
Same here, I have never felt less support or more alone! Now I feel like a failure too
For the half semester. And I returned my money back (not so easy tho).
oh god, me too! I didn't even finish a week and it cost me £3000, if I want to make my case I have to appeal and it could take months and I'm just not in the right head space. I find it hard to care about long term financial commitments though

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, LastWhisper and demuic
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Same boat, except I'm in a developing country and was pushed into it really young. I really, REALLY, thought it would get better un college but nah the same if not worse, on top of that my tuition was crazy for local standard. Arguably I'm stupid for quitting while I'm not failing it, but in the end I feel it's not for me. Hell, maybe I can't blend into society in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered and demuic