Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
As is often the case, I tend to get pretty frustrated about my situation. How hopeless it is, how stagnant it is, and just how all around awful it is. I get so frustrated sometimes that I even go to places overrun with people who could never understand someone like me in order to ask for advice about how I could possibly turn things around, only to then, naturally, be assaulted with every cliched bit of advice in the book. Go see a therapist, start taking medication, get a job, go back to school, and blah, blah, blah. I guess I just hold out the small hope that somebody will tell me something I haven't heard before, but of course that never happens. And so, I balk against all the tired old suggestions, which shortly follows with accusations that I'm just being a self-defeating retard who actively wants to be miserable.

It just boggles my mind how often people blithely assume that literally every single person out there has the inner capacity and willpower to go about fixing all the monumental problems in their lives. They simply refuse to admit otherwise. Somehow this is the most insulting thing of all. That they presume to know more about your life than you do, and insist you make every effort possible to claw your way to something better, regardless of whether they themselves could even do it if they were truly stuck in the same place. In the end, all this just adds even further to the frustration. Having to be stuck here silently enduring myself, as always. It still really bothers me how not even the internet was ever anything I could feel at home in. I was denied both the physical realm, and the online one as well. Everything in my life has forever been a barren wasteland. Tens of millions of people have said it before, but life just really isn't fair.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mistake of Nature, Élégie, Journeytoletgo and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think people who have not suffered in similar ways would never be able to comprehend what it is like. Giving platitude filled advice just invalidates the suffering that people are going through. People who assume that advice helps everyone are clearly delusional. I think in many cases, things are hopeless and there is nothing you can do to change anything. That is the harsh reality of this life.

Reactions: Mistake of Nature