Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
After parting ways with my best friend for the same behavior, I have tried to cultivate some friends from work, but they don't reply to their texts either. I feel like I'm shouting into the void. It sucks to realize that I'm just not very important to them.

I see one post on Facebook all the time while ignoring my texts. I'm not one of those people that texts all the time, and I keep my messages brief and to-the-point, so I don't understand what would be so difficult about replying.

Why should I even put myself out there just to get treated like this?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: chloramine, OpheliasFlowers, come to dust and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would be so frustrated. People are so disappointing and unreliable and that is just the way that people are.

• Informative
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Squiddy, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I am sorry people are not responding in a timely fashion.

What you could do is to simply send and forget, and go about your daily routine.

When and if they text back, you can deal with it how you see fit.

However, if they never respond, continue doing your own thing, making moves through life, making friends, going out, etc.

Try not to stop what little enjoyment you may have in this world because people are inconsiderate.

Reactions: Celerity
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I feel like I'm shouting into the void.
i said the exact same thing to my friend just yesterday actually, but i have a feeling being ignored is for different reasons although i understand. hes the only person i talk to and im lucky to get 1-3 messages every 2 days. idk why no one else has talked to me and ive tried to make friends but no one ever stays. as for why he doesnt answer its because im "intense". i guess i just have to live with being alone.
i wish i had an answer for why people dont talk to you or why others dont talk to me, but all i can really say is i relate.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine, OpheliasFlowers, Celerity and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
i said the exact same thing to my friend just yesterday actually, but i have a feeling being ignored is for different reasons although i understand. hes the only person i talk to and im lucky to get 1-3 messages every 2 days. idk why no one else has talked to me and ive tried to make friend but no one ever stay. as for why he doesnt answer its because im "intense". i guess i just have to live with being alone.
i wish i had an answer for why people dont talk to you or why others dont talk to me, but all i can really say is i relate.
Ah, I get the "intense" label even when I'm cheerful. I feel like such people are just inauthentic and emotionally immature.

Others have told me that I am very mild-mannered, so wtf?

I have never found it that difficult to have conversations with emotional people. Keeping their emotions separate from mine is not difficult even if I actively sympathize with them. I feel like that ability is part of being an adult.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Ah, I get the "intense" label even when I'm cheerful. I feel like such people are just inauthentic and emotionally immature.

Others have told me that I am very mild-mannered, so wtf?

I have never found it that difficult to have conversations with emotional people. Keeping their emotions separate from mine is not difficult even if I actively sympathize with them. I feel like that ability is part of being an adult.
tbf to others on my part, i do have borderline personality disorder. its basic definition is "intense".

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Victory
Jul 10, 2022
I understand your feelings, I have been in this position before, it's sucks when you want to have people nearby, but they seem to not replicate those same feelings. But this can be a learning curve, those people you want shouldn't be the people you want to be liked by, as they are showing there true colours by not being there for you. Don't get wrapped up in wanting to have people to like you as sometimes that can really be worse then being alone, you're just wanting SOMEBODY, and in that you can get some terrible people. You should wait for GOOD people to come around who will be good genuine people. In the mean time, there are plenty of people here that will listen and support you. Also, learn to accept and be okay with your own company as sometimes that's not a bad thing, you may get a little peace with that and try and understand yourself a bit better :)

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I can understand this frustration. Sometimes people are busy or just don't like texting much. Other times they may simply not be as interested in connecting as you are. In any case, I find it best to just kind of match effort. It is good to reach out sometimes but also let them come to you sometimes. Avoid double/triple texting too much unless there is a good reason for it. Or just be obnoxious af and post carefully curated vacation photos on Facebook 24/7 so they feel like they are always missing out on paradise. Yeah only joking of course.

• Yay!