N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I might have had my last appointment with my current psychiatrist. I complimented her but it was slightly exaggerated. She forgot most of the stuff about my suicidality I bascially told her everything once or twice. I think she considers the possibility that I get a gf close to zero (she lliterally said miracles still happen - but had good intentions saying it) I think she considers me a loser in this instance. But she did not show it that much. I don't blame her for not being able to fix me I am way too broken for that. She was way more empathetic than other psychiatrists. The other ones are soulless shrinks and I told her that. She was happy about my compliment. She reacted pretty badly when I told her I want assisted suicide (in the past).- However she is not responsible for my fucked up life. I will certainly not blame it on her when I kill myself.

She once told me none of her patients ever committed suicide and she retires soon. Well I think I gonna off myself in the future but she will probably not experience that. When I told the anecdote on here and I was shocked about the fact none of her patients ctb and I asked a similar question in this forum. Someone replied saying to me their psychiatrist said "The ones who killed themselves were the ones we suspected it the least". And I genuinely ask me whether this is like a general law. I doubt it.
I think statistics say many people before they killed themselves had previous attempts. So I assume it cannot be that surprising. But I am no doctor.

I think the group is too heterogeneous. And it is speculation. Maybe you have some anecdotes of what your therapists said about this topic. In my experience they are pretty bad at handeling the truth when a patient is self-aware and determined to kill himself. I wonder whether she really forgot almost everything about my suicidality. When I brought that topic up there were tensions. It was harder to negotiate for the right medication and the atmosphere got slightly hostile.

Reactions: Kit1, jar-baby and Forever Sleep
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Psychiatrists are people who just seem to be aloof and are good at pushing medicines. I saw a psychiatrist once face to face (and a second time over a zoom call). I told him that I had challenges using public transport (have massive OCD issues) and this guy tells me that so does everyone else (not liking public transport).

He diagnoses complex PTSD which I already knew about. Then after the second consultation which was over Zoom as the clinical psychologist was worried about ctb he writes to my GP and says that I have adjustment disorder - never mentioned it to me and strangely enough, I have been adapting my whole life! Co.plete waste of time - and disappointing that he could not talk to me (the patient) about what he thought was his added diagnosis.

Reactions: silentnights56