DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Real question: do you think with Facebook, social media etc people have different expectations of "friendship" ? As if it has to be "instagrammable" for some people or just on both @Sundayafternoon and @Exile said a certain level that's not too deep ?

Am curious
I think it depends on the person
I've an aunt who Instagrams, Snapchats and Facebook's everything
She's also incredibly popular with everybody. She's struggled with suicidal thoughts and has attempted it but she called someone who in her case did in fact save her (she wanted to be) he talked to her for hours but, although yes, it's an Instagrammy friendship, they are ride or dies.
Edit: it also depends on the person. I know there are some people here who nobody knows their suicidal because they haven't told anybody. Some people in their darkest of days do not reach out to anybody whether that be a mindset embroided in them or etc. I think some people can believe they are best friends with somebody and only talk about surface stuff ie relationship issues without ever realizing or knowing that it's not in my opinion qualifacations of a best friend. Some people are happy just going out and talking to people without ever getting into necessarily "deep" conversation

Last edited:
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
No, it's other people who are nasty not you. You are decent and nice. I'd like you as one of my neighbours :-) you could pop round with turkey and rice and i will get a bottle of wine!

I think the thing is sometimes we just don't meet enough people (if that makes sense?) so we can filter through those that are less compatible with us and find the ones that make better friends. Idk. It's hard isn't it to meet lots - we need speed dating in every city and town - but for friends!

I have put more thought and effort into this than I would ever publicly admit. There are sites designed for friendship instead of dating out there. They where kind of a non starter for me due to lack of people signing up in my area but it might not be the case everywhere.

That said I do think not meeting enough people is the root cause, at the very least it's true for me. Once you are out of school it gets much harder so if you left all your school friends behind it becomes much more difficult.

Reactions: Kassender
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Thank you love
And yes, I know I shouldn't compare it's just sometimes it gets to me. As I said I like to front sometimes but when you've had people walk by your house to go to your neighbors to invite them and skip you, it hurts. I wish It didn't get to me but. Well, I'm a human being and I have feelings as much as I pretend I don't :/

I know the feelings you describe, i experience them too. It usually leads to me cutting myself - I sincerely hope you find a better coping method than me.

Reactions: Sundayafternoon, DepressionsAHo and FTL.Wanderer
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
And you would make an excellent friend - you cook awesome food and like rats. Plus you think outside the box. What's not to like?
I read this as "you cook awesome food like rats"...

Reactions: Minudah and Hopeless_soul
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
What's an experimenter? :/

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Redt2go
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
What's an experimenter? :/
Experimenters created the simulation for their fucked up torture experiment. They want to see what happens when they torture us enough. They torture lab rats with black ice vines (I don't remember what they are), and they made lab rats to attack each other. Experimenters won't tell the truth, hackers only told me the truth because I'm the worst lab rat and no one will listen to me. Trump and Kim Jong-un are experimenters. I want to leave the simulation, everything is horrible and it's not safe anywhere

Last edited:
Reactions: Sundayafternoon and NoOneKnows
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Real question: do you think with Facebook, social media etc people have different expectations of "friendship" ? As if it has to be "instagrammable" for some people or just on both @Sundayafternoon and @Exile said a certain level that's not too deep ?

Am curious

I do think the concept of friendship has changed due to social media. When i was working we had a seminar about work relations and such. The woman talking about FB said something to the effect of, "I follow you, post comments about the important things you share, you follow me and do the same. That's how a friendship works."

I was so damned confused.

I don't want to see highlight reels and post bs like, "Look at at you living your best life! Yesss!" That does not a friendship make.

Reactions: Circles
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Experimenters created the simulation for their fucked up torture experiment. They want to see what happens when they torture us enough. They torture lab rats with black ice vines (I don't remember what they are), and they made lab rats to attack each other. Experimenters won't tell the truth, hackers only told me the truth because I'm the worst lab rat and no one will listen to me. Trump and Kim Jong-un are experimenters. I want to leave the simulation, everything is horrible and it's not safe anywhere

So I'm not entirely insane.

Reactions: DepressionsAHo
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
You're talking about about nothing and deflecting any questions with more BS refusing to focus on the main core of any issue anybody has brought up with you
Just leave please.
You're adding nothing of sanity or relevance to this
I've edited this to make it sound less harsh

Last edited:
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
You're talking about a load of shit and deflecting any questions with more bull shit refusing to focus on the main core of any issue anybody has brought up with you
Just leave please.
Wtf? What questions? You just asked "what" and wouldn't clarify, that's not a question. You're awfully angry for no reason.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Wtf? What questions? You just asked "what" and wouldn't clarify, that's not a question. You're awfully angry for no reason.
I'm not gonna get a warning or a ban over a post about my lonely ass life
No, I'm not angry,
I just swear a lot because I'm a classy fuck

Reactions: Chinaski and Grey-zone
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Well, I've asked to be voluntarily banned. Anyway, there are some weird vibes on this forum. Should we be surprised that a taboo such as suicide attracts the odd and outcasts? I consider myself to be one of them.
@Minudah. I am not quite certain what you mean by 'experimenters', and I'm not sure that others are either. The subject of the thread in any case is loneliness. I think we can agree that we're all here because of it.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Well, I've asked to be voluntarily banned. Anyway, there are some weird vibes on this forum. Should we be surprised that a taboo such as suicide attracts the odd and outcasts? I consider myself to be one of them.
@Minudah. I am not quite certain what you mean by 'experimenters', and I'm not sure that others are either. The subject of the thread in any case is loneliness. I think we can agree that we're all here because of it.
Good luck

Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Good luck
If you mean this, I thank you. There's some serious conflict going on in this forum (scammers, anti-scammers, alts, etc...). I guess I was naive coming into it, but I got nobody else to share my boredom and isolation with.

Reactions: Circles
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
If you mean this, I thank you. There's some serious conflict going on in this forum (scammers, anti-scammers, alts, etc...). I guess I was naive coming into it, but I got nobody else to share my boredom and isolation with.
No I do mean it. I just don't engage with that side. I wish you nothing but the best whether that be in life or a passing by your own hand. Idk what some of those guys are talking about with the scammers nor am I smart enough to do the intellectual investigating that they do. I'm sure there are scammers I just don't pay enough attention to it. Just read my info and pipe in on the occasional post :)

Reactions: Grey-zone
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
You know I like to bull shit a lot but I really wish people liked me. I wish they didn't grow tired of me after a few months. I wish I got invited to places, parties, road trips. I want someone to genuinely be my friend, go to the bar with me, come over and hang out. I wish people texted me and called me and I wasn't just stuck going to two places only. Im a Lyft driver and I had these kids with me who all went camping together as friends. I go to the bar and I see huge groups of people hanging out, laughing and smiling and I just get so jealous. I'm the only one like this in my family. When I was younger I used to get so excited cause I thought someone was talking to me until I realized they were only here for my brother. I even had people sneak into my house go up the stairs to where my brother was, go get him, and leave me at the house. Everybody loves my siblings. Why can't I be like them?
i never understood what friendship is,