Melchoir

Melchoir

Jul 9, 2020
Made the mistake of telling my close friends my desires to CTB. And now I have 2 of them threatening to follow through. Was dumb of me to tell them, I love them and don't want them to follow me. They might be bluffing but it's stopping me from doing anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Meretlein and MindFrog
Swampy

Swampy

Antinatalist
Mar 7, 2021
That's a selfish thing for them to do. It's like saying we don't give a crap about your pain/suffering but don't you dare not live for the sake of others! Unless maybe they actually are very suicidal themselves.

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I understand how hard it is. You get this feeling of guilt. I've been through similar thing myself. But honestly, you are not responsible for their decisions. I understand that you care for them, but your life is your life. People will always try to limit you to get what they want, but you are your own person, you need to find what works best for you.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and BottomlessPit
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
It's not dumb of you to tell them Melchoir, they're your friends. You could let the dust settle for a while; at this stage their response is a knee-jerk one. Once you've given it time, see what happens and if they still want to CTB too then consider distancing yourself from them slightly.

Reactions: SuicideAwaits
electrojellysoup

electrojellysoup

Apr 19, 2021
It wasn't dumb of you to tell them. Look if they're going to follow you if you ctb they would have done it anyway the difference is now you know I guess. It would be nice if you all could become closer in this friendship by supporting each other with your suicidal thoughts now that it's out of the box.

Reactions: SuicideAwaits
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
So two of your friends are threatening to kill themselves if you do? Well, I know you care about your friends but that really is their problem, not yours. Sounds like concentrated emotional blackmail.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics