sorararara

sorararara

not much to look at
Feb 12, 2023
i managed to tell three of my close friends about my plans to ctb and i was surprised by their responses. for two of them, they of course initally asked why i wanted to ctb, asked if there was anything they could do to change my mind, but then they basically just said "well, if there's nothing i can do..." and moved on. now we kind of just talk as if nothing happened.
i'm content and kind of happy with the way they reacted. i don't want anyone to beg me to stay, but their reactions really caught me off guard... i've just never seen this kind of reaction before.
i wanted to know if their responses were... normal? i'm not sure how to word it. honestly, if they came to me and said they were going to ctb, i would beg them to stay alive and explain why ctb was a bad idea... but maybe i would do that because i'm a bit selfish? i don't know what to think, or if i should think anything at all.

(+ if you were wondering, the third friend tried to explain why i shouldn't do it, and every other day she brings up the idea that i shouldn't do it.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, Slow_Farewell and edu0z
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I feel that's somewhat of a normal response depending on the personality of the person. In my years of going through friends I've met a majority that respected my desires to ctb rather than beg me to stay.

There's also been a few that said I wouldn't do it which eh here we are now lol

My thing is that you never know what they think about suicide internally, even if they seem pro life it might just be because they're fighting their own suicidal thoughts.

Reactions: AInilam and sorararara
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I recently just told one of my friends. She's only a bit older than me. And she reacted similarly. She expressed how she felt about me, how she would feel not having me, but what caught me off guard was when she said that if I felt that's what I had to do, she wouldn't stand in my way.

And she's had a friend CTB before a long time ago and it still makes her sad. But I felt so validated. I felt so respected. She obviously doesn't want me to. But she hasn't called the police or sent up any alarms to the people we both know. So I think I can trust her.

Their blase attitude about you ctb'ing may also just be them trying to protect your feelings by not showing theirs and acting like everything is normal. I wouldn't automatically assume they just don't give a shit, but I also acknowledge that those kinds of people do exist.

I say just go with and be a little vigilant to their behavior to see if they're getting nervous and may report you.

Reactions: sorararara