berd

berd

Feb 24, 2022
I've known them ever since August and they've really impacted my life. I'm more happier around them and I can actually be myself. But they keep posting about leaving all of their friends and working on themselves. I understand why they'd do it, it's just the way they word it that makes it worse. I've seen numerous posts about it and I end up overthinking all of it. I've confronted them before and they say they're only getting rid of bad influences they have in their life, then stopped posting about it. Just now they posted the same thing and I can't help but drive myself insane over it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, death137, allesistgut and 5 others
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I'm sorry. It really hurts to lose the people you care about.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and berd
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
If you're not a bad influence for him then I wouldn't worry so much about it.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and berd
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Yeah, that really does seem stress inducing when people don't clearly say what they want. The only way to really know is to be honest on how you are scared about them not wanting to be friends anymore. But from what your friend said, if you were actually a bad influence, wouldn't they leave already?

I know I am doing the annoying therapist look from a different perspective talk. But normally when people post things on social media platforms, it isn't the whole story. I think the post isn't directed to you, but to other people. It's easier to say friends than have to hint at who and start drama.

If this is really out of character for them, I would be a little concerned. Randomly leaving close friends isn't something that people just wake up and do. I would keep a eye on them to see if they are struggling.

But I understand that even with all the counter arguments in the world, the worry of what ifs could still be there. And that is okay. Just try not to act on them because they can make people do very dumb stuff, trust me, I may or may not have spammed a friend with melodramatic apologies because they didn't show up, turns out they were just really sick that day.

I thought about what I wanted at that point in time, not thinking about what my friend wanted. Many instances like that eventually ruined the friendship. I didn't give them the space they needed, making them more distant and in turn, me more clingy. But don't let my story discourage you.

Perhaps let your friend know that you will support them on working on themselves. Friendship doesn't have to mean interacting or talking everyday, it can also mean just understanding the other person's needs. I wish I personally would have known that in the past.

• Hugs
Reactions: berd and onlyanimalsaregood
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
But they keep posting about leaving all of their friends and working on themselves
are they working on their selflessness too?

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, that really does seem stress inducing when people don't clearly say what they want. The only way to really know is to be honest on how you are scared about them not wanting to be friends anymore. But from what your friend said, if you were actually a bad influence, wouldn't they leave already?

I know I am doing the annoying therapist look from a different perspective talk. But normally when people post things on social media platforms, it isn't the whole story. I think the post isn't directed to you, but to other people. It's easier to say friends than have to hint at who and start drama.

If this is really out of character for them, I would be a little concerned. Randomly leaving close friends isn't something that people just wake up and do. I would keep a eye on them to see if they are struggling.

But I understand that even with all the counter arguments in the world, the worry of what ifs could still be there. And that is okay. Just try not to act on them because they can make people do very dumb stuff, trust me, I may or may not have spammed a friend with melodramatic apologies because they didn't show up, turns out they were just really sick that day.

I thought about what I wanted at that point in time, not thinking about what my friend wanted. Many instances like that eventually ruined the friendship. I didn't give them the space they needed, making them more distant and in turn, me more clingy. But don't let my story discourage you.

Perhaps let your friend know that you will support them on working on themselves. Friendship doesn't have to mean interacting or talking everyday, it can also mean just understanding the other person's needs. I wish I personally would have known that in the past.
I agree. This is a good advice.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest