darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
My friend just posted on Fb she has stage 4 cancer. I'm bawling for her, she so wants to stay alive for her two kids (12 and 9) and her husband. She does so much good for the world.

Why must she probably die at just 43 whilst one of us on this page would happily take her fate in a heartbeat.💔
This is how I know there is no god.

• Love
Reactions: Heading to Darkness, february in alaska, _Minsk and 2 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I send empathetic thoughts to you and your friend. Cancer alone is brutal and its awful because your friend has kids and is young. Ive also known young people who died from cancer and other awful diseases and it reinforces my belief that life is fragile and short. Its chaotic and uncertain. My belief in god is one of a natural cosmic creator. We are all children of the stars and one day we must return. Even with my illness I accept it will kill me probably before assistance in dying becomes law. Sending hugs.❤

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I'm sorry about your friend...cancer is a ruthless and unfair illness. She is so young, similar age to my mom when she passed away, also suddenly discovering she had terminal cancer. Left me and my sister with similar ages as your friend's kids...

My boyfriend's mom also had terminal cancer and yet she lived for 7 years after being diagnosed, could maybe still be here if the surgeon hadn't fucked up her surgery.

It hurts like hell to discover something like this when it's someone close...especially being suicidal and feeling how unfair life is. I'll be wishing your friend can still enjoy a long time with her family. My deepest thoughts to you and her 🫂

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and Rational man
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I send empathetic thoughts to you and your friend. Cancer alone is brutal and its awful because your friend has kids and is young. Ive also known young people who died from cancer and other awful diseases and it reinforces my belief that life is fragile and short. Its chaotic and uncertain. My belief in god is one of a natural cosmic creator. We are all children of the stars and one day we must return. Even with my illness I accept it will kill me probably before assistance in dying becomes law. Sending hugs.❤
They are donating money for this treatment and that treatment, the whole flying pigs works and all I can think is why not just spend those last few months having the best time you possibly can with your family because we know how it ends. Why not treat yourself to a nice peaceful end in Switzerland. But it's her life and she obviously thinks there's a point in trying to 'fight' it. Maybe I'm the strange one. Probably.
I'm sorry about your friend...cancer is a ruthless and unfair illness. She is so young, similar age to my mom when she passed away, also suddenly discovering she had terminal cancer. Left me and my sister with similar ages as your friend's kids...

My boyfriend's mom also had terminal cancer and yet she lived for 7 years after being diagnosed, could maybe still be here if the surgeon hadn't fucked up her surgery.

It hurts like hell to discover something like this when it's someone close...especially being suicidal and feeling how unfair life is. I'll be wishing your friend can still enjoy a long time with her family. My deepest thoughts to you and her 🫂
Yes the saddest thing is her kids💔

Last edited:
Reactions: Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never believe in such a thing as God, I see existence as just being meaningless suffering and senseless cruelty all with no deeper purpose behind it. But yes it's cruel how those who desperately want to die cannot choose to swap places with those who are dying soon.

Reactions: Rational man and darkenmydoorstep
Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
My friend just posted on Fb she has stage 4 cancer. I'm bawling for her, she so wants to stay alive for her two kids (12 and 9) and her husband. She does so much good for the world.

Why must she probably die at just 43 whilst one of us on this page would happily take her fate in a heartbeat.💔
This is how I know there is no god.
I hppe they save your friend or make her end comfortable

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep