BlueGreenLake

BlueGreenLake

Nov 7, 2019
Found out today that an online friend of mine committed suicide. He was very upset when I spoke to him last but I did not understand that he was considering suicide. I thought he was just taking a break from his online presence.
I don't know what to feel. I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I didn't knowing what he was planning and I wish I could speak to him again. I feel like I took his presence for granted.
Rain

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Final Escape, Meditation guide and 11 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
my condolences. i don't think there's anything you could have done. it's not your fault that you didn't know.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, W3akCr3atur3, Meditation guide and 9 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss. The same thing happened with my fil. We had no idea. We also thought he was taking a break from being online. He ctb the day of the lock down in March. We didn't find him for 14 days. It was his lack of online presence that alerted us that something was wrong.

I miss him horribly. He was such a huge part of my life. I cried missing him today. It was my first birthday yesterday that he wasn't apart of and hearing him sing. It's the little things, as dumb as it sounds. The feeling of a hug or his whiskers on my cheek kissing me goodbye. His laugh. His unique accent. Even things that used to irritate me.

I beat myself up with the what if thinking, even though I'm also suicidal. I understand him. I don't blame him for what he did. But regardless it hurts.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Good4Nothing, sadworld and 3 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself, I truly believe if someone really wants to die, there isn't anything you can do to stop it. You can still talk to him! I still talk to a friend I lost on here, they just don't respond.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Good4Nothing, sadworld and 5 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss. There's no way you could know if your friend didn't communicate his intentions. I know how it feels when people don't say goodbye, but not everyone can. Sometimes people are too sad or scared to say goodbye. Try to focus on the memories you built together.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, Lilacmoon, BlueGreenLake and 1 other person
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
It's always hard to have someone leave without a goodbye. I'm always afraid of hurting people the way you were by your friend. You don't have to feel guilty, there's nothing to be guilty about. How were you supposed to know?

• Love
Reactions: sadworld and BlueGreenLake
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
im so sorry about your friend. I know someone who's going to do it tonight, besides being suicidal myself and understand him, it still makes me sad that no one could help him. He's doing the barbecue thing inside a tent tonight and leaving 6 of his kids behind. His own ex wife doesn't even care, yes she is aware of it too and told him go ahead.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: BlueGreenLake and sadworld