sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Anyone's default stress response the freeze response? I think that I'm in freeze mode right now. I've become a shut-in/hikikomori due to some personal failures such as my failure to launch after college, and I've become a hermit and recluse. I've isolated from everyone, and away from society. I feel safe in isolation. I find solace in solitude. Honestly I don't want to interact with the world because I think that it and other people are dangerous. My room is my comfort zone, where I can be alone and safe.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, http-410, username8888 and 6 others
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I kinda feel u, when im anxious or anything i feel like everyone want to hurt me. I cant do shit too, everything seems meaningless so i got no motivation

Reactions: sserafim
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Know thy self
Jan 18, 2020
Its like being a rusty un-oiled machine, being forced to operate without maintenance. it aches

M

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023
Anyone's default stress response the freeze response? I think that I'm in freeze mode right now. I've become a shut-in/hikikomori due to some personal failures such as my failure to launch after college, and I've become a hermit and recluse. I've isolated from everyone, and away from society. I feel safe in isolation. I find solace in solitude. Honestly I don't want to interact with the world because I think that it and other people are dangerous. My room is my comfort zone, where I can be alone and safe.
Being alone, in isolation, in my room is paradise. Would be even better without a phone. Only time I get that is when I go to sleep. But even then, damn phone rings several times a week for being on call at work :< . You're not alone (no pun intended), isolation is soothing.

Reactions: sserafim and Rogue Proxy
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
My freeze response turned to anger and confusion, a misplaced sense of justice. Now I force myself to hold myself back.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
My freeze response turned to anger and confusion, a misplaced sense of justice. Now I force myself to hold myself back.
Mine is just a state of not doing anything. It's kind of like I'm stuck (in a rut), but I don't want to get out of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante and ultrasharpy123456
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
Mine is just a state of not doing anything. It's kind of like I'm stuck (in a rut), but I don't want to get out of it.
I remember this one time. I was walking with my family and this car was coming in the road. I was in the way. The car was coming to me. My family was telling me to move. I just stood there, frozen. I couldn't move, I'm not why. And I'm not sure what happened but I was across the other side of the street. I think this is kinda where it all began for me.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Sometimes I feel like if humans were more accepting of people and if we weren't so strict and judgemental about every single deviation from the norm, world could be a little better place to exist for some.

I am not sure if that is possible tho even for us. It is too idealistic. It is easy to say it but we all judge more or less.

Shutting ourselves in is comfortable because we can live in our fantasy world without judgements. There are conflicts online sure but you can choose not to interact with people, you have options in your own 4 walls to create the setting you feel better in.

You are doing what you can to avoid discomfort. It is maybe a bad idea long term but is alternative really better for us and how much tolerance we actually have? This is what others don't think about. They just want us out and about regardless how we feel and their ideas of help can even ruin peoples health like meds and such.

I also dislike how no one is rebellious we just accept everything and people who speak out get in trouble with no one standing by their side.

Reactions: peace_van