E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Holy Jesus! Is that a spider?????
I'm gonna have a heart attack!

:)):)):))
Sorry, guys, I am being very silly tonight.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, TAW122, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Haha, you have an interesting sense of humor.

With that said, in all seriousness though, to me, freedom (at least true freedom) is the ability to do what one pleases without imposition by others. While we live in a world shared by others and share space with one another, there are some limits to freedoms such as one's freedom to do what he/she wants stops where it interferes with anothers' freedom. The same applies to how people should NOT impose their will on others (aka pro-lifers, anti-choice people). So in a sense, for me true freedom is having the ability to decide whether to live or CTB without interference of one's will either by society, other people, government, or other power.

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
(Thank you for your serious reply to what can only be described as a post totally lacking seriousness.)

Living in a country where the rule of democracy is elevated to the status of religion, I don't ever feel a want for freedom. I am neither imcumbered by the state, nor society in general. The state here is quite benevolent. My freedom is mostly restricted by my health.

I got the inspiration for this post from a chapter in a self-help book which I browsed in a book shop the other day. The book advocated gradual exposure as a means to cure phobias which limit your freedom in various ways.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I got the inspiration for this post from a chapter in a self-help book which I browsed in a book shop the other day. The book advocated gradual exposure as a means to cure phobias which limit your freedom in various ways.

Haha, well, that has never worked for me. Wasn't born with social anxiety disorder, but have had it since the advent of my mhi. Of course people told me to confront my fears, and I spent a lot of time outside working, even went clubbing for a while, and yet every time I was back home it remained the same struggle to leave again.

View attachment ytawyb-qn7b6UxgxEi4e95s-npi.mp4

Last edited:
Reactions: mesohappy
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Oh, I'm no expert om phobias or their treatment, but I suspect it's a lot more complicated than simply exposing yourself to that which triggers the fear.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and voyager