Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
I've been planning on doing a kind of "goodbye" site for mutuals and online friends before passing but i'm running into the same 4 issues:

1. Hosting fees being a monthly subscription and if there's a free version it's heavily restricted to a point it's basically useless to me
2. no option to set the page to private "link only" and/or blocking off encrypted css zip files that would make the page password protected
3. are rather obscure blogging sites where i'm not sure how long those sites will stay up after i'm gone
4. using coding styles i'm absolutely not familiar with and am too stupid to get into

I'm going to make backup copies of the scrips/screenshot the pages and send them with all the login info's to people i trust but i'm still afraid that something happens that would make this whole project null and void shortly after i'm gone. something something uncertainty of the web and stuff. Also customising it is pretty important to me while also not getting pushed into any algorithm or having to manually approve any followers/readers or worrying about censorship of community guidelines striking at random. Otherwise i would just make, idk, a throwaway reddit account and just dump it as text posts. but i want to make it pleasant to look at.

Anyone who's more knowledged here who could give me any advice on this?