Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I've decided that it will be good for me and good for plenty of other people too, if I can encourage the organisation of FREE HUGS events.
I started a group on Facebook and on a more local site, but the idea is for as many people as possible to plan events near them.
A recent study revealed that 1 in 12 respondents described themselves as "always" or "nearly always" lonely. A hug might not resolve the problem entirely, but it's an established scientific fact that such human contact is massively important. Don't believe me?

Would anyone else be interested in organising within their locality?
All that is required is a few hours of someone's time and some basic human kindness.
Humanity desperately needs a little love. 🤍

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, theboy and Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
That is really awesome stuff, I think it's a great idea! Thank you for sharing this with us. ♥

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
MlKE

MlKE

Underground-man
Jan 24, 2023
Personally I wouldn't, I need a stable relationship with regular interaction and physical contact. A random hug will not do anything except tear away the scab on the unclosing wound of a complete lack of social life.
Last time I hugged someone was an acquaintance's girlfriend in 2017 and the last one before that was also several years before. It only reminds me of what I've failed to achieve. I appreciate the intention but if I was offered a free hug I hope I would resist the temptation to not pick at that wound again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I want it!

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Kattt
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
1 in 12 respondents described themselves as "always" or "nearly always" lonely
Only 1/12? I don't know how a hug from someone you don't even know can help you, i think it would be of very little benefit if any, anyway, social relations are being commodified, renting friends, hug so on.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Even a hug from a complete stranger means a lot if you are suffering from loneliness.
The thing is that human contact, of any degree, does definitely have a positive effect on our wellbeing.
FREE HUGS events don't demand anything of anyone. Nobody is compelled to hug anyone they don't want to. But for those who do feel a need to forget everything for a few moments, it's not hurting anyone.
Only 1/12? I don't know how a hug from someone you don't even know can help you, i think it would be of very little benefit if any, anyway, social relations are being commodified, renting friends, hug so on.If you're interested in joining the Facebook group, I can send a link.
If you're interested in joining the Facebook group, I can send a link.
It provides an opportunity to ask and answer questions, address concerns and share tips. The plan is for people to be able to share images from their events and even livestream if they want.

Last edited: