• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
This thread seems most appropriate for this subforum; based on the recommendations from this site as well as recommendations for general internet privacy overall, I am wondering if anyone knows if any free or cheap VPN sites (preferably under $10 a month). Tor seems to be the best option, as it is $9.99 at the lowest price. Norton also seems quite cheap and secure. If anyone has any links that are reputable, or experiences with the sites I have mentioned, please post.

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
I don't know much about this kinda stuff, but I've used proton because it's apparently outside 14 eyes jurisdiction, also the pricing isn't too bad
Good to know, thank you. Is it fairly user friendly? I am not very experienced with VPNs either.

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
Are you referring to the Tor network? Because that's free.
Yes I was, upon researching again after reading your comment, I discovered that it is free. I must have been mistaken looking at a similarly named website. Thanks for pointing that out.

hso

hso

Mar 21, 2023
I have had to resort to the Tor project and pay for private bridges for the access of this site and others due to censorship in my country, I still have some knowledge and previous experience on main-stream VPN usage, here's an idea if you wanted to obtain accounts for cheaper: if you don't care about the fact you are using someone else's stolen account you can buy lifetime accounts for around a few dollars with little searching on common breach-related forums such as breached, cracked, nulled, etc.

regarding the actual topic, here's a list of common VPNs I use.
Proton
Windscribe
Asocket

for the OP: if you'd like a 1-year minimum Windscribe subscribed account free of charge (one of my personal, non-cracked ones) I would happily provide, just message me on-site.

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
I have had to resort to the Tor project and pay for private bridges for the access of this site and others due to censorship in my country, I still have some knowledge and previous experience on main-stream VPN usage, here's an idea if you wanted to obtain accounts for cheaper: if you don't care about the fact you are using someone else's stolen account you can buy lifetime accounts for around a few dollars with little searching on common breach-related forums such as breached, cracked, nulled, etc.

regarding the actual topic, here's a list of common VPNs I use.
Proton
Windscribe
Asocket

for the OP: if you'd like a 1-year minimum Windscribe subscribed account free of charge (one of my personal, non-cracked ones) I would happily provide, just message me on-site.
Sorry to hear of your experience regarding censorship. I'll definitely consider that if I don't find any free VPNs to my liking. Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I've subscribed to a premium service with Malwarebytes for some years.
It's actually saved me money in the long run, as before I got it, I was burning through computers like nobody's business.
Proton is a well trusted and reliable provider for an encrypted email account and a free VPN. It's perfectly adequate for most people's needs.
Below is a screenshot of what you can expect.
Screenshot 20231101 152912

silentcicada

silentcicada

if you were me, you'd do the same
Aug 2, 2023
Free VPNs are spyware, just warning ya.

cali88

cali88

Nov 11, 2023
I've subscribed to a premium service with Malwarebytes for some years.
It's actually saved me money in the long run, as before I got it, I was burning through computers like nobody's business.
Proton is a well trusted and reliable provider for an encrypted email account and a free VPN. It's perfectly adequate for most people's needs.
Below is a screenshot of what you can expect.
View attachment 122152
NOOO pls unsub this vpn they send data to the police if they see you do something illegal
Only use Perfect privacy or Mullvad NOTHING ELSE
NOOO pls unsub this vpn they send data to the police if they see you do something illegal

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
This thread seems most appropriate for this subforum; based on the recommendations from this site as well as recommendations for general internet privacy overall, I am wondering if anyone knows if any free or cheap VPN sites (preferably under $10 a month). Tor seems to be the best option, as it is $9.99 at the lowest price. Norton also seems quite cheap and secure. If anyone has any links that are reputable, or experiences with the sites I have mentioned, please post.
Protonmail gives free VPN service if you signed up: https://protonvpn.com/

It is based in Switzerland, so you are mostly okay using it.

Proton vpn is fine... Do you have any proof about protonVPN sharing data to police?
Eventually the ideal options are either TOR or Mullvad. For people who are living in poor countries like i do, protonvpn is better than my isp in my context.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and Kattt