• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
"It is really a question whether a person affected by such a terrible illness should or may end her life. It is my attitude in such cases not to interfere. I would let things happen as they were so, because I'm convinced that if anybody has it in himself to commit suicide, then practically the whole of his being is going that way. I have seen cases where it would have been something short of criminal to hinder the people because according to all rules it was in accordance with the tendency of their unconscious and thus the basic thing. So I think nothing is really gained by interfering with such an issue.

This is by Carl Jung a very famous and influential psychiatrist. His other quotes are sort of pro life but bordering on the consensus that we simply don't know what the purpose of life is and thus abandoning ship should be reserved for severe cases. He has other quotes too, I didn't link them because I don't agree with them but you can read here

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
This is by Carl Jung a very famous and influential psychiatrist. His other quotes are sort of pro life but bordering on the consensus that we simply don't know what the purpose of life is and thus abandoning ship should be reserved for severe cases. He has other quotes too, I didn't link them because I don't agree with them but you can read here

My crush said "Jung was a hack"

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
My crush said "Jung was a hack"
This is a very simple minded statement in my opinion. This usually comes from people that disregard whole field of psychology completely because it doesn't fit their already pre established western minded agenda. I prefer not to engage with people like that because it becomes impossible to convince them of anything.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023

Love Carl Jung, and this was great written. 👏 He knows alot more then me at least. So that's always interesting.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I think I do agree with this largely. To me, it seems similar to the whole: 'You can lead a horse to water but, you can't make it drink.' Similarly, I think you can offer a suicidal person help- no matter the cause of their ideation- illness, their situation in life, a past trauma they can't get over. But ultimately- if they reject that help. If they have no will, no desire, no hope to 'get better', what are the chances that they will? Improving our individual situations takes effort- lots of it. Other people can't live for us. Ultimately, we're on our own. If we aren't willing to take the reigns, I imagine we'll just continue adrift and unhappy. Why should someone who supposedly cares about us want us to live an unhappy life?

D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
i don't know who that is. he's a psychiatrist, no I don't agree.
This is a very simple minded statement in my opinion. This usually comes from people that disregard whole field of psychology completely because it doesn't fit their already pre established western minded agenda. I prefer not to engage with people like that because it becomes impossible to convince them of anything.
i don't have an agenda, i have real experiences. if they really wanted to help, they'd offer euthanasia a peaceful exit for my suffering.

not that it matters at the end of the day, the choice is mine and mine alone.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I also like, "Life is the meanest of gifts, and costs nothing to reject".

Reactions: sserafim
Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I'm not sure if he means just don't bother trying to help suicidal people and let them get on with it or try to help them get better but ultimately let them ctb if they want.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Honestly I agree, it's better to just be supportive no matter ppl's choice. In fact, sometimes it can be rly frustrating to have people try and talk you out of suicide, it can be exhausting even. Sometimes all you need is for people to just listen to you and just be there for you without talking you in or out of suicide.

Reactions: davidtorez and Ash
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
i don't know who that is. he's a psychiatrist, no I don't agree.

i don't have an agenda, i have real experiences. if they really wanted to help, they'd offer euthanasia a peaceful exit for my suffering.

not that it matters at the end of the day, the choice is mine and mine alone.
What don't you agree with in his quote? He isn't alive anymore to offer anyone euthanesia. And no, really helping people doesn't mean giving all of them euthanasia if they want, that is what Canada is on the path of doing. Killing instead of healing isn't healthcare

Last edited:
  • Informative
D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Being forced alive by others isn't healing me. There's nothing funny about it.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Being forced alive by others isn't healing me. There's nothing funny about it.
Alright well I don't know your situation so I can't comment on it. But this is derailing the thread so I'm gonna stop talking about this. I hope you find the peace you seek. If you don't like the quote for whatever reason then I'm happy to talk about that

D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
And if I did, I'd be making the wrong decision but not seeking help, again.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I also like, "Life is the meanest of gifts, and costs nothing to reject".
So true

What don't you agree with in his quote? He isn't alive anymore to offer anyone euthanesia. And no, really helping people doesn't mean giving all of them euthanasia if they want, that is what Canada is on the path of doing. Killing instead of healing isn't healthcare
Lol gotta love the Hippocratic Oath. "Do no harm". Why do people view death as worse than suffering though? Forcing someone who is clearly in pain to stay alive is doing harm to them