anxivoid

anxivoid

My hand, can you reach it?
Aug 23, 2020
Why does he say that? I can not understand. Why might it be painful?
Screenshot 975

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: roju and Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
They lie to discourage people from using SN to CTB :hmph:

Or it could be because that person who attempted SN CTB didn't take anti-emetics and acid-reducers :notsure:

• Hugs
Reactions: unwillingparticipant, LetmeCTB566, Defenestration and 7 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
My impression is that it is a painful method.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
We hear "painful" and "uncomfortable" a lot, but not really "excruciating." I mean it's poison, of course it's going to hurt, just not for very long. Fair trade-off for death imo, at least for me.

Bigger concern for me is that it seems like SN is continuing to gain traction and awareness :mmm: I worry about any future regulations that might come up or be tightened.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, unwillingparticipant, LetzteAusfahrt and 15 others
anxivoid

anxivoid

Aug 23, 2020
We hear "painful" and "uncomfortable" a lot, but not really "excruciating." I mean it's poison, of course it's going to hurt, just not for very long. Fair trade-off for death imo, at least for me.

Bigger concern for me is that it seems like SN is continuing to gain traction and awareness :mmm: I worry about any future regulations that might come up or be tightened.
Yeah, I think the same. Will see.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and nerve
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
It can be painful, yes. But from everything I've read on here, if you follow the proper procedure(Stan's Guide), the pain will be fairly low. There is definitely a high chance of discomfort, such as headache, dizziness, nausea, fast heart rate, etc. I've heard of stomach pain being a symptom, but most stories on this website that I read don't mention stomach pain. There are a lot of stories of people taking less sn than they should as well as those who don't use antiemetics. If you don't absorb enough sn fast enough, it will cause more discomfort overall and take longer to pass out(hence more discomfort), and you likely won't die(at least not before you're in agony calling 911..which usually would happen IF you do it wrong).

Nothing is ever 100%, but many of these failure stories are due to the method being performed incorrectly(not following the proper procedure).

@anxivoid - ibuprofen does help. I plan to take 800mg.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_F, illbehave, LetzteAusfahrt and 1 other person
anxivoid

anxivoid

Aug 23, 2020
It can be painful, yes. But from everything I've read on here, if you follow the proper procedure(Stan's Guide), the pain will be fairly low. There is definitely a high chance of discomfort, such as headache, dizziness, nausea, fast heart rate, etc. I've heard of stomach pain being a symptom, but most stories on this website that I read don't mention stomach pain. There are a lot of stories of people taking less sn than they should as well as those who don't use antiemetics. If you don't absorb enough sn fast enough, it will cause more discomfort overall and take longer to pass out(hence more discomfort), and you likely won't die(at least not before you're in agony calling 911..which usually would happen IF you do it wrong.

Nothing is ever 100%, but many of these failure stories are due to the method being performed incorrectly(not following the proper procedure).
I hope painkillers will help.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and Homecoming
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
I don't
They lie to discourage people from using SN to CTB :hmph:

Or it could be because that person who attempted SN CTB didn't take anti-emetics and acid-reducers :notsure:
I don't think so! if you read their comment again you will notice that that person is probably suicidal. They just said that SN will not be pain free or comfortable without Antiemetics, which is quiet true.

Reactions: MartyByrde, lex, LetzteAusfahrt and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
As I recall, there are only three or four people who experienced abdominal pain, the first I remember was @MysticPerception. A couple months ago, a person who made a new account to report his failed attempt said the pain was excruciating, but his account was way outside the norm in several ways, and he was banned a day or two later for having an alt account. I suggest you see the SN successes and failures thread that has gathered all the anecdotal accounts of SN attempts to ascertain for yourself if it painful; there is a google document, but no one kept up with it, and members started posting links to threads, noting if their attempts were successful (as far as we know) or not.

IMO, as mentioned in the screenshot, if one has stomach or esophageal irritation due to a condition like GERD/acid reflux, it's likely going to be painful because SN is a salt, and it would be like putting salt on sores.

• Aww..
Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, icanhasnick, Deleted member 18655 and 9 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I have seen so many SN suicides here. The vast majority of reports show relatively peaceful deaths with nothing beyond ringing ears, heart racing, and slight headache.

Some people have reported feeling that they were burning, though those reports are few and far between. However those painful experiences exist and people should prepare themselves for the possibility.

I have also heard reports that exit bags are not as peaceful as they say. Killing yourself with absolutely zero unpleasantness is impossible, not even N is perfect.

• Hugs
Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, ImsooDone1N, littlelady774 and 6 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Of course it will be painful you're goin to be dying slowly.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and littlelady774
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Dying slowly is not necessarily painful.

I will purposely only take SN pure because I want to die slowly.
I want to be able to witness the death that I have waited so long for with a clear mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, cyberlordsumit, Homecoming and 5 others
Helpneedtips

Helpneedtips

Jun 5, 2020
I wouldn't say it's painless, more that it's relatively less painful than other common methods. Key point being "relative". For me, dying is inherently painful, its something your body wants to avoid (regardless of what your mind feels) so there will always be some degree of discomfort.

I don't think people on the site are implying its totally painless either--multiple threads have discussed symptoms in ingesting SN such as headache, nausea, fast heartbeat, stomach pain (if you have GERD) and why its recommended to take ibuprofen, propanolol to alleviate symptoms.

Since not much formal study has been done on SN, i dont think anyone can say with 100% certainty that its painless. Still, there are plenty of records from those who survived and didnt on the site that you can make use of to form your own informed decision.

Reactions: illbehave, VIBRITANNIA and Neville1
A

allTheDevilsAreHere

Aug 24, 2020
Why does he say that? I can not understand.

Because he is not really ready? And seeking excuses?

People want to ctb because of the pain than rarely goes away. You get to free yourself from that, with close-to-none risk of any permanent damange (no matter how shitty you execute it), for the price of 5 bucks and several minutes of sickness.
Isn't that good enough?
Count me in.

Reactions: cyberlordsumit, anxivoid and jrums
Checkmate3

Checkmate3

Student
Aug 15, 2020
I think it's painless, and that's why so many people flirt with it without any fear, by taking a little of this stuff. (Flirting with death)

Obviously you'll never see someone shoot themselves for a test; or jump from a lower height; or drown themselves just a little bit for fun; or see what rat poison tastes like.
But with SN — no problem. A few grams will knock you out and you will either die, which is the goal, or end up in the hospital without any serious health consequences, which is good.
People are not afraid to test SN, which means it's painless.

Reactions: anxivoid
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
they are naming the obvious, things we already know (like the vomiting) or just common sense (like why we take the extra medication) and making it sound a million times worse. and anyone can say they have something they dont and anyone can make a story. simply based on the fact that they are clearly inflating what we already know.....im voting its a fraud trying to scare us.

you can believe a random person or all the accounts here where people stayed as long as they could, where others have watched what happened. i say take your pick, but i made mine.

• Love
Reactions: LetmeCTB566 and illbehave
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
There's bound to be some discomfort with any method and yes, that includes SN. The PPH rates it a 7/10 for peacefulness. It is different for everyone.

The knowledge I've obtained about SN through my own research and knowing someone personally that used this method successfully, I consider it one of the most peaceful and reliable methods to use to successfully end your life. It is a method I will be using when I am ready to. Hearing other people's reports about it being "painful" (which is subjective anyways) doesn't put me off one bit. I still believe in this method regardless of the horror stories people come here to post about or on other platforms which includes a lot of user error and misuse and perpetuates a lot of unnecessary fear mongering.

To make a long story short: SN is poison. It would be naive to think that there is no discomfort at all associated with ingesting it. However, the discomfort (if that's what you want to call it) felt by the vast majority of people is usually very minimal in nature based on the reports I've read and knowing what someone experienced first hand by ending their life with SN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helpneedtips
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
how slow is slowly? 10 mins, 20, 30... even a day. I can deal with that.
I actually have a failed liver, I cannot describe how much pain I'm in daily. I can't eat. My eyes are yellow, my time is quite definitely soon. The method, I don't know.
Hopefully someone will say it won't be a problem. If not I have a big problem that I wouldn't mind going to a more gruesome end. I don't want to put my close family in shock

edit: I believe SN is also a cure for cyanide poisoning. Kinda ironic lol

Reactions: Homecoming
listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
well, suicide is painful, if you are so afraid, maybe it is better to continue living, just for now

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming and anxivoid
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I think we can argue over the objectivity of the term "painless" for a long time. From what I've seen, a lot of the reports of things going wrong are from people who did not follow the protocol. Furthermore, with everyone have different bodies and different medical histories, reactions to the method are bound to be different.

Personally, I expect it to be somewhat painful when I take the SN. I don't expect it to be excruciating, but I am ready for the possibility. Death does not typically come easy. For me, the most important part about SN is that there is no permanent damage after a failed attempt, which you cannot say about several of the other popular "painless" methods.

While I don't think the Reddit user is trying to dissuade anyone from ctb, I do think they've oversimplified both the process and the result in their comments.

Reactions: PrincessInWhite and Homecoming
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Every persons body handles things like SN differently. Every person has different health conditions and ages. Every persons body has a different threshold for when they will pass out. SN is not being claimed to be 100% peaceful. It is more peaceful than a lot ways to die in the world, but SN is poor mans N.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and Homecoming
A

ashwin

Feb 19, 2020
i cant understand why people r always talking about pain during ctb. even if v have a natural death most of us will have to suffer some sort of pain before v actually dies.

Tigeress Lost

Tigeress Lost

Lost Tigeress In A Human Body
Jul 30, 2020
Death Is Not Pain Free But Living In Daily Agony Is Not Pain Free A Broken Heart Is Not Pain Free
Pain In Physical Way Or Mental Illness Way Is Not Pain Free

So When Choosing Your Method To CTB Don't Think Of Pain Think It Will Bring You A Release From A Human Life Which Is Giving You Pain Every Second

My Method Is SN & Despite What Comments I Read Will Remain So

My Mind Is Made Up No One Can Change It Because I Have Read Up On It A lot And Know What Causes Failures
Vomiting So Not Enough Absorbed In Your Body
Being Found Too Soon After Taking It
& Last
Calling For Help Yourself

Reactions: StupidLizard, anxivoid and Homecoming
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
But with SN — no problem. A few grams will knock you out and you will either die, which is the goal, or end up in the hospital without any serious health consequences, which is good.

if a few grams dont kill you and you dont call 911 then what happen? do you just recover automatically on your own?

Checkmate3

Checkmate3

Student
Aug 15, 2020
if a few grams dont kill you and you dont call 911 then what happen? do you just recover automatically on your own?

From a few grams? Yes. You'll be just puking all day long.

icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
i cant understand why people r always talking about pain during ctb. even if v have a natural death most of us will have to suffer some sort of pain before v actually dies.
So the more the merrier, or given that pain is inescapable in life, it should be no consideration at all ? Would you just drink bleach for ctb because most of us will suffer some pain sometime ?

D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
So the more the merrier, or given that pain is inescapable in life, it should be no consideration at all ? Would you just drink bleach for ctb because most of us will suffer some pain sometime ?
how many people have died of bleach that you know of?
probably not, I think the dose given by the pph is for immediate ctb (well 10-30mins ish) or at least a lot quicker than a few grams, I don't trust myself to not chicken out

Last edited:
A

ashwin

Feb 19, 2020
we all dont know how will v die in a natural way. it may be accident, disease, old age death and so on. whatever way it is its all painful in one way or the other. some will be severely painful and some will be less painful and only a very few lucky dies without any pain. my point is suffering little bit of pain for ctb is not an issue. i dont mean using severe painful methods like fire or bleach.

Reactions: icanhasnick