Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I was heading down to a meet & greet with my new Congresswoman today, but planned to stop first at a car dealership to check out a possible deal (my car is in need of major maintenance).

Because I work in public policy, these sorts of meetings can bring professional opportunities. But the car dealership made me such a good offer, I got delayed.

Before I realized it, the meeting was going to start in 10 minutes, but I had a 25 minute drive. So, I stayed at the dealership and bought the car. Frankly, I'm not thrilled by it, but financially, it was the smart move.

I feel, however, like I'm going to long regret the decision. I might have really connected with her. It will be months until another is scheduled. I have a new car, but maybe I could have had a new life. Unlikely, but it is gnawing at me.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Imagine if you had got another three minutes down the road and KAPUK! Your old car suddenly went BANG! Steam coming out the front and you were stranded by the side of the road. You wouldn't make the meeting - and you'd have no sheeny new car. The gods were on your side. You made the right call and now have a reliable car to get you from A to B

Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and Deleted member 4993