• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
Has anyone else here read about how this can can cause brain damage at birth or contribute to mental illness? There is a higher suicide risk among people who were delivered this way. I wonder sometimes if forceps delivery caused me long term damage.

Reactions: 21Neberg and waived
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for sharing that quite old, but interesting article. Though a painful birth may contribute to a person committing suicide, I don't think it's the cause. To find the cause for the rising suicide rates you'd have to look at the horrible society we've created.

I honestly didn't even look at the date, you're right it's ancient.

Reactions: 21Neberg
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for sharing that quite old, but interesting article. Though a painful birth may contribute to a person committing suicide, I don't think it's the cause. To find the cause for the rising suicide rates you'd have to look at the horrible society we've created.

It's still being done and it still causes damage. As for causation, I think it can predispose people to behave in certain ways.

Reactions: 21Neberg
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Both my kids weighed in at over 10lbs. Lengthy labours too.
Struggling with the first delivery,I saw the doctor approaching with forceps in hand.
Bloody hell! It looked huge. I was terrified and thought to myself "Fuck that for a game of soldiers" ...
Lo and behold,they were never used in the end.
Remember, a babies bones are very soft and many are born with an oddly shaped skull. That almost always rectifies itself after a few days. It's far less dangerous than any possible oxygen deprivation or other effects of problematic delivery.

Reactions: waived