greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
Hey guys. Been taking a little break. Wanna say I've been feeling a little better but I am certain that will change once I am no longer sitting on my ass for winter break. Even still I'm not necessarily doing life much better, just feel better. It's not a lasting better. Just a kind of detachment that is probably severely unhealthy in its own way.

Aaanyways. Almost posted this in recovery but wasn't totally sure it fit.

Now I understand this probably isn't the case of the majority of people here, but for those of you who do consider yourself blessed to have loving/supportive family/significant others, how did they react to your failed attempt/revelation that you wanted to die? I feel like since I've never really talked to any of these people about suicide, my idea of how they perceive it could be totally skewed from how they actually do. I just get scared about failing when I do attempt someday and I just want to hear some perspectives.

Please do not reply to the thread asking personal questions about my reasons for suicide or suggesting I reconsider. I appreciate it, but do that in DM, not the thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and useless_friend
Turmeric

Turmeric

Nov 13, 2023
most of my friends didnt really care, they sent me to the hospital but never talked about it afterwards. one even said "hope u succsed next time" after and argument. my parents was diferent, i had to call my mom to get picked up from the hospital since i was still pretty drugged, she didnt say much just asked about the method i tried. in all my experience is that people dont really want to talk about it, they all just assume someone else will check up on you and take care of you.

• Hugs
Reactions: boddibo, Praestat_Mori and useless_friend
U

useless_friend

Dec 29, 2023
I get that not a lasting better - that see-saw of emotions has been a constant factor in my life for years. One day I hope to have the courage (?) or impetus (?) or just certainty to get on with it.

My current significant other knows nothing, so I cannot comment. A previous relationship was the scene for several attempts and it elicited a whole basket of reactions - sympathy, puzzlement, sadness and anger. There was a wanting to know why I'd made the attempt (so hard to explain), anger at my selfishness (!) for making it, demands that I "speak to someone".

Depending on the current state of your relationships they could be puzzled hurt, supportive, angry - have a look at the Kubler- Ross Stages of Grief model for an idea.

From experience, talking with someone does not prepare them or help the person planning to CBT.

Whatever path you take, I hope that it leads to peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: greatgooglymoogly, boddibo, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
loslassen

loslassen

call me jvne
Dec 8, 2023
Hey guys. Been taking a little break. Wanna say I've been feeling a little better but I am certain that will change once I am no longer sitting on my ass for winter break. Even still I'm not necessarily doing life much better, just feel better. It's not a lasting better. Just a kind of detachment that is probably severely unhealthy in its own way.

Aaanyways. Almost posted this in recovery but wasn't totally sure it fit.

Now I understand this probably isn't the case of the majority of people here, but for those of you who do consider yourself blessed to have loving/supportive family/significant others, how did they react to your failed attempt/revelation that you wanted to die? I feel like since I've never really talked to any of these people about suicide, my idea of how they perceive it could be totally skewed from how they actually do. I just get scared about failing when I do attempt someday and I just want to hear some perspectives.

Please do not reply to the thread asking personal questions about my reasons for suicide or suggesting I reconsider. I appreciate it, but do that in DM, not the thread.
I've only ever told my partner(online relationship) and an online friend about it, my partner cried a lot when I first even mentioned I was considering to ctb, but he was very understanding and supportive of my feelings, mostly trying to do anything he could for me to stay, which he kind of has achieved. my friend on the other hand panicked and basically threatened to call the cops on me or to text my sister, but she never actually did after I cried on call with her, I've been really closed off from her with the truth since then, just bc I don't want to worry her or anything. I partially mentioned something to my sister but couldn't since she had been suicidal before so we ended up talking about her. i don't know how other close people would react but I already have an idea, so I'm not really planing to tell unless I intend do recover, which atm isn't really an option or freedom of choice for me…

• Hugs
Reactions: useless_friend, greatgooglymoogly, boddibo and 1 other person