MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I cut myself but I've been doing it irregularly lately. I don't cut my arms so it's not obvious to other people but I cut my thighs and like my thigh is shredded af. Also I've been kinda becoming numb in the leg I've been cutting. Though that only started like a day ago so it might just be something else.

Anyway I was just wondering how often you guys do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rhymester and YandereMikuMistress
SilentSuicidal

SilentSuicidal

Jun 4, 2022
A couple times a month, when things were really bad it would be multiple times a week. Some of my wounds take months to heal, and I just wait until it's done healing to do another one.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and deathcalm
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
A couple times a month, when things were really bad it would be multiple times a week. Some of my wounds take months to heal, and I just wait until it's done healing to do another one.
So not everyday?

outlook56

outlook56

Sep 24, 2023
I believe that a person wounding himself is like a scream, but it is on the level of the scream of a body from within, a silent scream in order for the internal psychological rift to appear to the outside, like a volcano that has been dormant for a long time and desires expression.

• Love
Reactions: ElectroshockBlues, anhedonicNfoggy, rabbitmalice56 and 1 other person
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I believe that a person wounding himself is like a scream, but it is on the level of the scream of a body from within, a silent scream in order for the internal psychological rift to appear to the outside, like a volcano that has been dormant for a long time and desires expression.
Interesting take on it

bpdbunnygirl

bpdbunnygirl

Sep 19, 2023
I used to do it everyday or sometimes just a few times a week but I've been clean for 7 months now.

• Hugs
Reactions: ElectroshockBlues and nicotine_goblin
FailureToAll

FailureToAll

Student
Sep 9, 2023
It changes a lot. Sometimes I can be everyday for months and then sometimes I will go months without. Usually depends how likely I am to get caught though. And as the severity progressed and it started taking things longer to heal I reduced the frequency

corgiee

corgiee

Jun 29, 2023
i self harm more when i'm bored. lately i haven't been doing it at all because i'm too busy, but usually like a few times a month

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
At best once a week for 2-3 weeks, then I'm done for a few months. At worst, once a day for a week. I am lazy, and I'll stop when I have stuff to do or my tolerance requires me to cut even more. Don't wanna spend lots of time cleaning up. Then I'll just hit myself, which is more effective but less enjoyable.

cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
i stopped for a while because i was put in therapy against my will because of it, but recently ive been getting into the bad habit again, just making sure its not so obvious to my family, which means i have to space it out so ab 1 time a week

azumangadaioh

azumangadaioh

everything you know will be erased
Sep 26, 2023
i was clean since february until today actually. today i kept cutting myself whenever id find myself having a breakdown so it can calm me down and id just keep repeating whenever id feel the breakdown come up. id only do it on my thigh though, i dont want to draw attention to my arms or anywhere else

Reactions: MelancholicMundane
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
i was clean since february until today actually. today i kept cutting myself whenever id find myself having a breakdown so it can calm me down and id just keep repeating whenever id feel the breakdown come up. id only do it on my thigh though, i dont want to draw attention to my arms or anywhere else
Same I used to do my arms but I got found out I stick to my thighs now

azumangadaioh

azumangadaioh

everything you know will be erased
Sep 26, 2023
Same I used to do my arms but I got found out I stick to my thighs now
getting found out is the worst. the only time i got caught was when i first started when i was 13 and my brother made fun of me. stupid times

• Aww..
Reactions: MiMif
StellaSomnus

StellaSomnus

Dormies sicut stellae luceant
Aug 18, 2023
I do it when something bad happens.

Like just now.

I hate my life enough that I'll cut myself to ease the pain, and I'll keep doing it until I ctb.

nolosis

nolosis

Sep 23, 2023
I cut myself but I've been doing it irregularly lately. I don't cut my arms so it's not obvious to other people but I cut my thighs and like my thigh is shredded af. Also I've been kinda becoming numb in the leg I've been cutting. Though that only started like a day ago so it might just be something else.

Used to do it about 2-3 times a day, I've been sober for about 8 months now tho

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
getting found out is the worst. the only time i got caught was when i first started when i was 13 and my brother made fun of me. stupid times
💀your brother made fun of you....damn

My parents were the ones who found out I was like 15 or 14 at the time and my dad cussed me out.....

rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
I think you just perfectly described me. I was just about to say that i cut whenever i feel like it, not because of something happened or anything and that i wont know when i would usually cut. But then i think its when i just wanted to cool my self down, i cant act violent or scream so maybe thats why i cut.

• Hugs
Reactions: ElectroshockBlues and outlook56
valoristic

valoristic

I’ll be in the snow.
Sep 23, 2023
When things were at its worst it would be anytime I felt guilty for anything. I'd be minorly upset and do it. As of now, I only do it when I'm really drunk and something shitty happens. At its worst, it was everyday, at every inconvenience. Don't feel weird ab being inconsistent or anything, do what makes you feel best. I used it as a coping mechanism to let out all the guilt and anger and sadness I would get on a daily, the pain would be just perfect to let me feel okay again. Whatever you feel is best is what you should do.

ElectroshockBlues

ElectroshockBlues

Nov 15, 2021
When things were at its worst it would be anytime I felt guilty for anything. I'd be minorly upset and do it. As of now, I only do it when I'm really drunk and something shitty happens. At its worst, it was everyday, at every inconvenience. Don't feel weird ab being inconsistent or anything, do what makes you feel best. I used it as a coping mechanism to let out all the guilt and anger and sadness I would get on a daily, the pain would be just perfect to let me feel okay again. Whatever you feel is best is what you should do.
The last few times I did it I was pretty drunk or emotionally dissociated or both. I was clean for a few years until 2022
It's not very frequently but when it happens it's not good at all. Sometimes it can be the only way to really get it all out though. Just sucks

seho_j

seho_j

Nov 12, 2018
Used to do it everyday for a while when I was super depressed but I stopped completely. I just can't deal with the scars. But I really want to start again

fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023

i like cutting in specific areas over and over, mainly my left arm and right thigh. so i purposely cut pretty light (usually not going past the epidermis/barely touching the dermis) let them heal over for a day or two, and cut over them again.
however ive had long periods of time where, its not that im trying to recover or anything, i just didnt feel motivated to cut very much/didnt have access to proper cutting tools/was in a living situation with too many people and no private space so i could get caught too easily- and so i didnt cut for months at a time, longest being 2-3 years straight.

YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
I've been on I guess a kinda clean streak per say recently, it's been two weeks, but I was regularly ✂️ myself I don't do my arms either, I mean I did in the past when I was 11 and 12 then it switched up to my thighs and calfs and somtomes my fingers and occasionally on my stomach, and what I mean by regularly is everyday since these recent weeks, and I can't lie since I've got these scars it makes it harder and easier to cut if you know what I mean.

Rhymester

Rhymester

No more narcs PLEASE
Aug 9, 2023
Been clean for a long time now. The only reason I stopped is because it draws too much suspicion in my house every time I wear hoodies when there is a heatwave or such. Just wish people would stay out of my business and let me do my thing, but it's always labeled as "attention-seeking."

WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I will cut a bunch then let everything heal so I dont end up cutting somewhere obvious

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I burn myself and cut myself whenever possible

Mene Tame

Mene Tame

Sep 21, 2023
i like cutting in specific areas over and over, mainly my left arm and right thigh. so i purposely cut pretty light (usually not going past the epidermis/barely touching the dermis) let them heal over for a day or two, and cut over them again.
however ive had long periods of time where, its not that im trying to recover or anything, i just didnt feel motivated to cut very much/didnt have access to proper cutting tools/was in a living situation with too many people and no private space so i could get caught too easily- and so i didnt cut for months at a time, longest being 2-3 years straight.
I kinda do the same light cuts that heal and I usually do a lot of them, in one area
I kinda do the same light cuts that heal and I usually do a lot of them, in one area
I kinda wanna go deeper but I'm a fucking pussy
I have a lighter
That could do