Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Don't. I haven't eaten anything in 3 days (not because I'm trying to starve myself, but to fast and prepare my body for ketosis). These 3 days have been rough. My stomach hurts, I'm nauseous and lightheaded. I can't imagine going anymore days than 3. Probably an extremely painful way to go. I'm about to end the fast in a few minutes to eat and check my ketone levels later. Though if you still want to starve yourself to death, don't say I didn't warn you.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: dragon1, it's_all_a_game, Iamamistake and 22 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
As an ex anorexic all I have to add to that is: Kids, don't starve yourself, it fucking sucks. *it does give you a killer female style body* But still, nyo starving.

Reactions: LivideLamb, flower, Iamamistake and 9 others
P

Peachycherry

Oct 3, 2020
Indeed, it's not a violent method, but it takes so long it gives way too much room for SI to take over. Would you mind sharing your ketone level later ? I'm curious to know what they would be after 3 days of starving. Don't share if you're not comfortable, of course.

Reactions: dragon1, Iamamistake, Ghost2211 and 2 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I've starved for longer than that when I experienced disordered eating, or lack of eating altogether. Definitely not pleasant at first but I did get used to it at the time, I am sure doing it suddenly all the way to death would be a poor way to go though. Dying of dehydration due to lack of fluids seems a lot worse however. I have been somewhat tempted to just lay here and starve to death because it would take nothing out of me and I have no energy...it would just take way too long. Even waiting for SN to kick in is daunting to me.

• Love
Reactions: dragon1, rosedavinci, Iamamistake and 7 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I'm anorexic and every time I've almost died from it I've been put into hospital against my will and force fed, so not very reliable in my experience

• Hugs
Reactions: dragon1, charon, AQUA and 11 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Indeed, it's not a violent method, but it takes so long it gives way too much room for SI to take over. Would you mind sharing your ketone level later ? I'm curious to know what they would be after 3 days of starving. Don't share if you're not comfortable, of course.
Currently eating so I don't know what my level will be after (I'm eating low carb though) but I'll share once I have to pee :)

• Love
Reactions: Iamamistake, MindFrog, Ghost2211 and 3 others
succor

succor

tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
Oct 28, 2020
Last year I lost 70 lbs over just a couple months from not being able to ingest more than 100-200 calories a day due to illness. It's terribly painful. Even if your body gets used to it after the initial shock, there are still bursts of pain and sickness. It's really not worth it to CTB that way. :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dragon1, LivideLamb, AutoTap and 7 others
I

idk who i am

Nov 2, 2020
Don't. I haven't eaten anything in 3 days (not because I'm trying to starve myself, but to fast and prepare my body for ketosis). These 3 days have been rough. My stomach hurts, I'm nauseous and lightheaded. I can't imagine going anymore days than 3. Probably an extremely painful way to go. I'm about to end the fast in a few minutes to eat and check my ketone levels later. Though if you still want to starve yourself to death, don't say I didn't warn you.
i... i thought that was obvious. I don't mean to say it's needless to talk about, thank op for telling this since some are really considering this as a real method. this method is pure long-lasting suffering, only few people can starve themselves to death 'cause for this you gotta have *such* a strong will to leave, almost no one can do this i think.

Reactions: dragon1, Iamamistake, peacechoice and 2 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I agree, it's a really bad method. Methods on the resource thread are way better.

Reactions: dragon1, Homecoming and Iamamistake
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
Feel for u good luck

Reactions: Iamamistake and sadworld
EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
It's really hard to starve yourself to death. Tbh going through a depressing " Ramadan" is just going to prolong suffering. You'll be waiting like a month and maybe two. In 45-61 months of no food at all then you will pass away. Going without water makes it faster to die like 3-4 days but I found it to be very difficult, my si kicked in like a MF.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AQUA, Iamamistake and Bitterman1996
C

Craig31ldn

Student
Oct 22, 2020
Its impossible for most people to do on there own

sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
howdy, anorexic avoiding 'recovery' here yeah so ive been anorexic long enough that my ED is old enough to drink and gamble etc and i can verify im unfortunately not dead yet as a result of my ED. ive attempted a lot of times in other ways much more direct and instant and clearly failed, here i am. malnutrition won't kill quickly but it will make you want to die faster.
ive seen a few threads about ideal last meals etc and i can't relate. it'sawful and so many of the effects are now irreversible For me. i can't say i mind, im going to leave anyway, but if life were for me id be outta luck

• Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake and W’ren
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Here are the results
Sorry for the delay. I don't pee that often in a day, but managed to now :) even with eating, I'm in the highest range of ketosis

20201111 192830

Reactions: Iamamistake and Gnip
P

Peachycherry

Oct 3, 2020
Oh dang that's pretty high !! I was curious because I'm diabetic so I test my ketones often, that's almost as high as my worst result ever. Be sure to drink lots of water to flush them out ! Take care

Reactions: Iamamistake
chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
Here are the results
Sorry for the delay. I don't pee that often in a day, but managed to now :) even with eating, I'm in the highest range of ketosis

View attachment 50689
Why are you in ketosis? Do you eat keto? I'm thinking about trying it to see if it helps my anxiety

Reactions: Gnip
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Oh dang that's pretty high !! I was curious because I'm diabetic so I test my ketones often, that's almost as high as my worst result ever. Be sure to drink lots of water to flush them out ! Take care
Thanks :) I hope to lose a lot of weight being this high. I'm eating less than 20g of carbs a day

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Since you're willing to experiment with diet, you might want to look into zero carb, if you're not completely satisfied with the ketogenic diet. I've down endless dietary experiments including numerous keto diets and zero carb diets. My best results were from doing a ketogenic and carnivore diet simultaneously. Unfortunately, for myself, I had some adverse side effects, otherwise I'd still be on a zero carb and ketogenic diet, because the health benefits were huge.

If you're at all curious, you can check out zerocarbzen dot com, as a good starting point. There are plenty of testimonials on this site. Also, you can Google Amber O'Hearn to see her web site and her YouTube videos about how she's successfully treated her bipolar disorder exclusively through a carnivore diet. Further, you can Google Dr. Shawn Baker to read his web site on the carnivore diet and you can watch him on Joe Rogan. Moreover, you can Google Makayla Peterson to read her results from eating carnivore.

Reactions: myopybyproxy, Gnip, InterstateFlowers and 1 other person
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
suicide by starvation is definitely a long (and painful) process to prepare I'd imagine :/ I'm used to fasting/OMAD but I can't imagine going more than a couple of days without meal or water.

Though suicide by starvation / intentional starvation always reminded me of sokushinbutsu/Buddhist monk's mummy

Reactions: Homecoming and Iamamistake
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Why are you in ketosis? Do you eat keto? I'm thinking about trying it to see if it helps my anxiety
I'm in it to lose weight and yes, I'm eating keto. Last night, I had a low carb chicken taco bowl with sour cream, cheese, and salsa. I was 212 a few days ago, but weighed myself yesterday and was 208.8.

Reactions: Gnip, chrisbate7 and Élégie
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
it can definitely be done but requires some serious commitment. people do die this way. i have heard that after 3 or 4 days the hunger pangs go away. i have only done this while on drugs so i don't really remember

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
it can definitely be done but requires some serious commitment. people do die this way. i have heard that after 3 or 4 days the hunger pangs go away. i have only done this while on drugs so i don't really remember

The general consensus is once one enters ketosis - typically at the three to four day mark - that hunger evaporates. I've done countless water fasts between two to five days in duration, and for several I got myself into ketosis prior to starting my fast. Not once was I not an inch away from eating and if ever I thought about food for more than five seconds, I would break my fast and eat before reaching my desired duration. For me the mental challenge of a five day fast is extensive, and I always have false starts before I get myself into a groove.

chrisbate7

chrisbate7

Student
Sep 30, 2020
I'm in it to lose weight and yes, I'm eating keto. Last night, I had a low carb chicken taco bowl with sour cream, cheese, and salsa. I was 212 a few days ago, but weighed myself yesterday and was 208.8.
Does it help with anxiety or depression do you think?

Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Faster We Run, And We Die Young
Aug 29, 2020

After a few days you don't even think about food anymore. Of course I never starved to death so I don't know what the VERY last days are like but it's not painful or even uncomfortable after the first few days. It actually starts to feel good IMO.

Reactions: sourpink
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Does it help with anxiety or depression do you think?
I don't really notice a difference. My depression has improved these past couple of weeks, but that's because I took weed and am on meds. Though keto could be contributing. I woke up to my heart pounding and vomiting today, though I've had stomach issues these past 2 years almost. I'm down 6 lbs in 5 days though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I always recommend "The Sound of Insects" when this method comes up. It's a documentary based on the true story of a man who decided to CTB via starvation. He kept a rather detailed diary of the process and he passed away after 62 days, he effectively mummified his body in the process. It's a very powerful film.

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming and Squiddy
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
That method is really only feasible for the elderly. If you are young and without painkillers, it's going to be excruciating.

Reactions: Homecoming
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
i... i thought that was obvious. I don't mean to say it's needless to talk about, thank op for telling this since some are really considering this as a real method. this method is pure long-lasting suffering, only few people can starve themselves to death 'cause for this you gotta have *such* a strong will to leave, almost no one can do this i think.
Man, gotta tell you that I could probably do this. So what happened to me two months ago was that I was put on steroids for the first time and man did that do a number on me. I think I got psychotic and really really depressed on them. Instead of actually gaining weight, I fucking lost so much fucking weight. It looked terrible. It was bad for my mental health. I could not physically eat because I would forget. All I could think about was killing myself, I would think about anything else but food. I had to force myself to eat for two and a half weeks. I didn't feel I'll, but I will say that I couldn't really walk all I wanted to do was lay in bed. It's an ideal method if your old and live alone. Or live alone, my family started to get concerned though.

Reactions: idk who i am
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Can confirm as someone who gets super nauseous and can't eat sometimes because of anxiety. It's not fun and will make you feel even terrible. Once you reach a certain point your not even functional.

Reactions: k75
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Here are the results

View attachment 50689

Oh, how I envy this! Achieving and sustaining this level of ketosis may be my final hope for reversing and improving my rapidly deteriorating mental functioning (and losing over half my body weight in a situation where bone spurs and plantar fasciitis are also severely impairing my ability to exercise).

Currently recovering from kidney stone ultrasound lithotripsy (leaving my urine looking like cranberry juice), and I have a polyp in my gall bladder which may compromise my body's ability to process ketosis.