Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
What new health problems that come with aging have you noticed that are especially bothersome? I hate how muscle/tendon/ligament injuries are appearing so easily now. This shit can take weeks to heal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I'd say 30 was not too far beyond my peak both physically and mentally (in terms of sharpness, not knowledge). At that point, you don't recover as fast as your early-mid 20s but everything still works pretty well.

Mid-30s was roughly when I started getting the 2-3 day hangovers, pulling up sore after moving apartment, feeling my back if I sat all day, that sort of stuff. And athletic performance is less sharp, reflexes a little slower. Mental performance too less built for endurance sessions like cramming 24 hours for an exam, but also things like 3-min chess games I started getting worse after maybe 30 mins and needing a break where before I could go for hours at basically the same level.

Now early 40s, it's just kept degrading slowly. Can still do basically everything I could do at 20 but its all a bit slower, less explosive, bit more creaky, needs more recovery. Both physically and mentally. I had a minor tweak in my neck which in my 20s would be fixed the next day that took months to get over. And it recurs. My hearing has also started to go when there are competing sounds.

Everything just gradually gets a little worse year by year. I kinda like that its slow enough you barely notice it - only when you remember what you could do once.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm 35 and the only thing I've really noticed so far is that hangovers take a bit longer to recover from. Physically still in pretty good shape, mentally a bit questionable but I always have been :))

• Yay!
Reactions: Apathy79
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
How about weight gain? A small 2 lbs gained a year over 10 years. It catches up to you.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I'll probably get some prostrate thing.

• Wow
Reactions: WadeingThru
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Back pain. Weaker knees. Acid reflux. Feeling tired most of the time. Not wanting to go out late. Stupid little aches/twinges/inexplicable pains in miscellaneous body parts that come and go.

Ordinarily I think these types of things would affect someone older, but given how sedentary I am they're probably somewhat accelerated for me.