todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean it's a fairy tale. You could feel even more lonely with someone than being by yourself if they don't understand you, hurt you, abuse you, abandon you, use you. these women that are chosen could be really walking into a terrible situation that makes them lose all trust in human beings. It's hard to know from the outside whether someone is actually happy in their relationship or something very opposite.

I hear you about not feeling special though, seeing other people being chosen. Maybe try dating sites or apps? You match with people so if you end up talking they definitely chose to have spoken with you in the first place?

TheHorrorsDownBelow

TheHorrorsDownBelow

They're always watching.
Jul 5, 2023
It may be tough knowing or believing that you will never be someone's special someone, but in my honest opinion, I think that's just you being too hard on yourself. I can't deny that it feels terrible, as I can understand quite well the rejection of anyone and everyone you try to connect with either on a romantic scale or on a general scale. I've been single for the entire 20 years of my life and sure it sucks but I find that the best way to deal with it is to not give up entirely, just be passive about it. I've always believed that everything that's meant to be is supposed to appear at the right place at the right time. When thinking about that fails to make me feel better, I feel like talking to people about It helps lift a weight off your chest. It all comes down to finding the right people to talk to. I hope this helps in some kind of way.

bangimout

bangimout

Aug 15, 2023
@OceanBlue All I have ever known is being single for me it's not freedom but pure loneliness. Its feels like a lifetime and too late for me to find love.

Growing up I had to deal with friends leaving me and excluding once they get boyfriend. Its terrible going through this in my teens and in my 20s at university. I feel so incomplete and a failure to mature into a real woman as relationships symbolise maturity and are milestones to growing up

@Eternal Oblivion Thanks its wonderful coming across who gets it. I am naturally confident and socialable but still all my life men reject me. Its hurts seeing other women getting chosen and being seen as special while no man ever have me such love.

Growing up I had to deal with friends leaving me and excluding once they got a boyfriend. It was so terrible going through this in my teens and in my 20s at university. I feel so incomplete and a failure to mature into a real woman as relationships symbolise maturity and are milestones to growing up.

My own father didn't want me sometimes I now believe maybe I was made to be unloved and rejected by men. I think there is something wrong with me because all my life men gave rejected me maybe I am cursed or I am just freak or have some kind sickness because why I am always getting humiliated.

@SetMeFree11 no its late for me I feel like everyone is taken. My own father didn't want me sometimes I now believe maybe I was made to be unloved and rejected by men. I think there is something wrong with me because all my life men gave rejected me maybe I am cursed or I am just freak or have some kind sickness because why I am always getting humiliated.

I was made to be rejected by men its clear now
Are you still with us? Have you tried picking up a hobby? It could be a way for you to meet new people. Also, are your parents still alive? You could spend time with them if you have a good relationship them

Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
God I feel you. I've not dated once since turning 18. I've had feelings for multiple people and even made advances a few times only to get rejected. It made me feel so worthless.

Now I look at personals on Reddit dating forums every few hours desperately hoping maybe I'll see one that describes me. I've yet to see one.

The only time I saw one that was perfect they weren't interested in trans people and it just made me feel so dysphoric. I feel like me being trans fucks my dating life up.

I feel so lonely I just want to disappear

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
ChronicPain23

ChronicPain23

Jun 22, 2023
I think it's better to avoid people personally as you cannot trust and rely on other people and anyway relationships very often just lead to even more problems and suffering, in this world humans certainly are so unnecessarily cruel.

And I don't really think that everyone who is in a relationship is "lucky" because like I mentioned relationships can just lead to more problems, and I just think that nobody who exists here is really lucky as in this world there's unlimited potential to suffer where we are destined for nothing but to be tormented by old age. Anyone can end up in a situation of the most extreme suffering at any moment as long as they exist here and the problem that I have with relationships is that it very often leads to people cruelly forcing life here and just creating more unnecessary pain and torment as a result. I think it's always preferable to be alone, life will always be pain and misery no matter what.
Seemingly I know this, but when you are single all your life like op it hurts a lot. I know this from my experience.
I wish I had a mentality like you.

I

iwanttoleave2000

evan
Aug 5, 2023
I have been single all my life and I can no longer cope anymore, I am killing myself when i turn 30 because I am not living in his hell anymore. I really have tried so hard to live and enjoy life, believe me. Post lockdown I have been spending more time outdoors visiting museums, going to parks and recently I plan to do climbing and abseiling this summer but I have do everything myself because I have no friends and no boyfriend.

it's so hard living like this. Women my age who have boyfriends are so lucky they have someone who loves them and all the specialness that comes with relationships. Couples are so lucky so much they take granted. I would absolutely anything to have what they have.

It's hurts so much all my life I have never been a man's special woman. The male rejection has broken me and finally driven me to suicide.

Every guy I met I feel like it's all or nothing especially turning 26 now the pressure to have a boyfriend now ams lose my virginity is finally too much as I can't be single now as I will single forever.

Being single all my life has brought me nothing but absolute pain and misery
23M in the same boat. It's miserable when everyone around you seems to have a loving relationship. And you can tell the effect on them that it has. People in these relationships are always more confident and hold themselves in higher esteem. It's effectively a positive feedback loop for them. They receive so much validation why would they have any reason to doubt themselves or their existence?

Every once in a while I receive compliments from strangers. I still remember the few times my "friends" have messaged me out of nowhere. These things have always signifigantly increased my happiness and self image. I could not imagine if I had a consistent person in my life who wanted to talk to me. Told me how good I am etc.

I remember the last time I thought a girl liked me I cleaned my room for the first time in forever and applied for a job. Keep in mind this was even a long distance thing, and she never even directly validated me or anything.

People in relationships, along with people who have the ability to attain them love to gaslight.. "relationships aren't everything" "just focus on yourself" " you have to love yourself first" All complete nonsense.

What is especially annoying is people who are in relationships they don't deserve. I see more often men punching up.

It seems like guys who put 0 effort into their appearance ,act abusive and don't give a damn about their partner tend to be the most successful when it comes to romance.

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
I have been single all my life and I can no longer cope anymore, I am killing myself when i turn 30 because I am not living in his hell anymore. I really have tried so hard to live and enjoy life, believe me. Post lockdown I have been spending more time outdoors visiting museums, going to parks and recently I plan to do climbing and abseiling this summer but I have do everything myself because I have no friends and no boyfriend.

it's so hard living like this. Women my age who have boyfriends are so lucky they have someone who loves them and all the specialness that comes with relationships. Couples are so lucky so much they take granted. I would absolutely anything to have what they have.

It's hurts so much all my life I have never been a man's special woman. The male rejection has broken me and finally driven me to suicide.

Every guy I met I feel like it's all or nothing especially turning 26 now the pressure to have a boyfriend now ams lose my virginity is finally too much as I can't be single now as I will single forever.

Same with me as a straight guy. Pulling the plug this month. There is a limit to how long one can remain in a continuous state of inner thirst and starvation for authentic human contact, each day accumulating inner pain and torment to great to bear the longer the time one suffers chasing mirages and unicorns, the more disappointments and heartbreaks accumulate. Suicide is the only option.

We live in a laissez-faire, capitalistic, free-market, cutthroat dating ecosystem where relationships are transitory and transactional, not enduringly cooperative team-paired partnerships that nurture instead of butcher when there's better meat on the market. It's torture, unnecessary, and needs to end. If you happen to have won the lottery of love (which comprises 4-5% of relationships), bless you. If you're still playing, keep wasting more of your youth and energy in a zero-sum game.

If you don't have money, looks, and means - you're a nobody. A fallback guy on the sidelines like a highway crash railguard.

You could have the looks, but without the bank, you're only as good as a one-night blast and bust. You could have the money, but without the attractive physique and persona, you're just a sugar sucker daddy. You could have the money and the qualities, but only for so long until you can keep them up to par in view of the other very competitive options on the market. Same with means, access, and status. If you're a nobody with nothing to show, you're disposable. If you so happen to arise from the ashes and steal the show, you're all of a sudden the one that got away! It is what it is. Not complaints. That's the way it is, but my patience has exhausted itself and expired.

• Informative
Reactions: SexyIncél
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I am 30 .Ugly and never had a relationship in my whole life but I surprisingly am pretty chill about all that stuff.Those things are least of my concern.At this point in my life I think even if I was attractive I would have stayed single.

Reactions: doneforlife
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I am 30 .Ugly and never had a relationship in my whole life but I surprisingly am pretty chill about all that stuff.Those things are least of my concern.At this point in my life I think even if I was attractive I would have stayed single.
Same here. I had good friends though and feel their absence as they all got married and got busy in their lives..

veylore

veylore

Oct 22, 2023

It's honestly painful to see seeking relationships so normalized that people wanna kick the bucket without it. What humans really need is community, memories, and new experiences. Yes a partner is a great way to get those things but it's not the only option, and it's not even the best option in a lot of cases.
At the same time, we all have those desires, and wants, to find our soulmate (it's got soul in it for a reason, it doesn't fucking exist) and start the perfect life just like your parents or someone else you saw seemingly did, I can assure you they didn't. And couples seem so lucky for what reason exactly? I understand that youve always felt you NEED a relationship to keep living life, but that speaks to how developmental psychology has fucked you in the ass, it doesn't speak to how good relationships are.

And also, thinking you're gonna be in the same headspace in 4 years to wanna make the decision you want now is blissfully unaware of how life works. Might be for the better, but I'm not gonna make that theory on your life.