BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Oh for fuck sake!
My life has taken another turn for the worst. I have been picked up and dropped again.

Three things I was clinging to:

1. Work for the helicopter guy.

Yes, the job didn't turn out to be what I originally thought. But I was looking forward to doing work for him and earning potentially a decent amount.
However I found out today that he is to be sentenced this fucking month and could possibly receive up to 10 years in prison.
He lied to me.

2. New client.

I picked up another (smaller) client yesterday.
But she is used to having her dad do her paperwork and admin, and not used to paying a professional accountant.
She will be shocked at the thought of paying £200 p/m (or so) for an accountant to take care of her payroll/bookkeeping/VAT/accounts/tax.
Even if she isn't shocked by that.....it's £200 p/m.....

3. New software business.

Guy was advertising software for sale - I wrote about this elsewhere.
I wrote to him and explained my intentions. He said he wanted to form a partnership with me as he liked my idea.
I spoke to him today - he's not looking for a partnership. He's looking for someone to pay him to develop the software to where is needs to be.

And now I can't tell you how I'm truly feeling because pictures of me are posted on this website.........so I'll just say I'm feeling absolutely wonderful......THE BEST I HAVE EVER FELT

Hmmmm

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MiseryLovesMyCompany and Ghost2211
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Pictures of you?????? Whahhhh?

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I don't have any thing for 1 and 3, but 2, you can argue your case to the client by saying that the work you do is pretty reasonable if you want a balanced book. Yeah her father might be great, but does he really want the added stress of balancing another year of accounts? Also you can say you know some tax loopholes or codes that would benefit her if she took advantage of it. Here in the US, you get tax incentives for just about anything if you know the law really well.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I don't have any thing for 1 and 3, but 2, you can argue your case to the client by saying that the work you do is pretty reasonable if you want a balanced book. Yeah her father might be great, but does he really want the added stress of balancing another year of accounts? Also you can say you know some tax loopholes or codes that would benefit her if she took advantage of it. Here in the US, you get tax incentives for just about anything if you know the law really well.
Yes, I get where you're coming from.

I take great comfort in the fact that, if I'm lucky, I have a small client to go on...............no sarcasm of course as I really do feel on top of the fucking world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I can relate to the last part of your op, and the requirement of wording things more carefully now. you can say how you feel. just not about a plan or time, and if it does come to that I know you know how to get the point across to us in a covert way. I hope things improve for you. It's wild the kind of stuff you encounter.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I can relate to the last part of your op, and the requirement of wording things more carefully now. you can say how you feel. just not about a plan or time, and if it does come to that I know you know how to get the point across to us in a covert way. I hope things improve for you. It's wild the kind of stuff you encounter.
The kind of stuff I encounter is fucking crazy. Beyond crazy, in fact!

Someone on here once suggested that I become a law enforcement officer. Christ the criminals would hand themselves in to me for fuck sake.

The helicopter guy was talking to me today about how he planned to reduce his tax bill in America and withdraw money from the UK company he owns. He was effectively admitting to me that he is planning tax evasion!

I've then got this software guy that likes my idea so much that he wants me to pay him to develop his own software. Fucking idiot, does he think I was born yesterday?

Fuck sake.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
Oh for fuck sake!
My life has taken another turn for the worst. I have been picked up and dropped again.

Three things I was clinging to:

1. Work for the helicopter guy.

Yes, the job didn't turn out to be what I originally thought. But I was looking forward to doing work for him and earning potentially a decent amount.
However I found out today that he is to be sentenced this fucking month and could possibly receive up to 10 years in prison.
He lied to me.

2. New client.

I picked up another (smaller) client yesterday.
But she is used to having her dad do her paperwork and admin, and not used to paying a professional accountant.
She will be shocked at the thought of paying £200 p/m (or so) for an accountant to take care of her payroll/bookkeeping/VAT/accounts/tax.
Even if she isn't shocked by that.....it's £200 p/m.....

3. New software business.

Guy was advertising software for sale - I wrote about this elsewhere.
I wrote to him and explained my intentions. He said he wanted to form a partnership with me as he liked my idea.
I spoke to him today - he's not looking for a partnership. He's looking for someone to pay him to develop the software to where is needs to be.

And now I can't tell you how I'm truly feeling because pictures of me are posted on this website.........so I'll just say I'm feeling absolutely wonderful......THE BEST I HAVE EVER FELT

Hmmmm
Hey buddy . The worst case scenario You can go to the job agency and fill something for a possible job application? I did this when i was in uk and i needed a job

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Hey buddy . The worst case scenario You can go to the job agency and fill something for a possible job application? I did this when i was in uk and i needed a job

Mate, I just want to listen to Beethoven's 9th.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
Mate, I just want to listen to Beethoven's 9th.
One thing what we want and what we'll end up without doing nothing is the other thingy.... i chosed not to work now im in a streets and stuck in the same thought patterns.

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Sounds like you're having a nightmare with this helecopter man, he sounds like a real Walter Mitty character.

I've even been applying for seasonal work with Tesco and the Royal Mail. Anything to get a few Sheckels in.

Reactions: albino_elk
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Sounds like you're having a nightmare with this helecopter man, he sounds like a real Walter Mitty character.

I've even been applying for seasonal work with Tesco and the Royal Mail. Anything to get a few Sheckels in.

Aviation tends to attract some really odd characters.

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Aviation tends to attract some really odd characters.
You'd think it would be full of the most level headed people possible, although I do know one guy who is a pilot of 747's etc and his wife said she thought he was odd when he said he'd like to die by his plane crashing into a mountain or something mad.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
You'd think it would be full of the most level headed people possible, although I do know one guy who is a pilot of 747's etc and his wife said she thought he was odd when he said he'd like to die by his plane crashing into a mountain or something mad.
Aviation attracts some of the weirdest people you'll ever meet.
I mean fucking bizarre people.

Reactions: StuFin
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Sadly no advice, I generally just watch my life fall apart while drinking choccy milk

Reactions: GravityUtilizer, BipolarGuy and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
When I asked the software guy about the software he's selling and explained my intention, he was impressed by my idea and said he wanted to form a business partnership with me.

Turns out he wants me to basically pay him to develop his software so that it complies with UK VAT/payroll/etc law.
The reason he said he wants paying is because it's not just him that will work on it, but people in his small software company whose wages will need paying.

What I've proposed to him instead that he sells me his software and that I'm free to develop as I wish, without his involvement. So no partnership.
I've suggested that my company will remain indebted to him and will pay when revenue starts to be generated (as the software will still need developing and is not ready to go). I've said that there is no reason why he shouldn't agree to this because he will incur no costs such as wages.

If he agrees to this, we might be able to fix you up a job @TheQ22 !

If this doesn't work and I do end up buying a bus ticket, nobody can say I didn't try, or didn't think outside the box.