• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Hey guys, as someone who enjoys the arts, I thought making a thread for creatives to share original art would be nice. It doesn't have to be about any specific topic, but I'm assuming with how we're all suffering, it could be a place to release that and hopefully relate to each other. Only thing I ask is that you only post your own original content.

This is a judge-free zone (unless you ask for constructive feedback) and everyone and every form of expression is welcome.

There's really nowhere else I'd rather see and share art with, than those who are also suffering. You guys feel like my people, even if I never wish I had to understand.

Also, my dms are always open if you'd rather share privately. I write songs, and occasionally write a poem or short story, so feel free to msg me :)

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I appreciate this thread. I went to art school. I had a major episode and attempted ctb right before my senior year. I tried to finish the degree, but missed some required credits. That was over a decade ago. I've always felt like a failure for not finishing.

I haven't made any formal art since. Meaning art I'd call art. I still do little creative things, but honestly kind of scared of putting myself out there now. I've been thinking of my old work and considering ways to do something now.

This was a piece I did after my ctb attempt in school. It's called A Brief Survey of Voluntary Death. It's a simple wooden box that contains 19 6.5" x 6.5" prints on paper of various people who have ctb and dance macabre art. The reverse of the prints have typed text that includes details about the people, occasionally including things like suicide notes, and various quotes about suicide.

The box and the prints were treated to accentuate the tactile nature of the materials. The intended viewing would be allowing individuals to go through the prints and reflect. The box contains a print of a self portrait and details about my own attempts and how I made the piece to process my own feelings toward suicide. It's one of my favorite things I made in school.

IMG 20240715 094923

• Love
Reactions: murmur and justwannadip
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
This is fascinating. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad that you gathered the courage to share your art again. I really hope that you are able to continue making art again, I can tell it means a lot to you. I think art that expresses things like suicide and mental health struggles can be extremely powerful. Know that you can always share your art here!

*also, I moved this thread to the OffTopic section as it seemed more appropriate. Would you mind reposting your art to that thread with the description?

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
This is fascinating. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad that you gathered the courage to share your art again. I really hope that you are able to continue making art again, I can tell it means a lot to you. I think art that expresses things like suicide and mental health struggles can be extremely powerful. Know that you can always share your art here!

Thanks. It's been nice to revisit. Once again SaSu with providing a safe place to share. Thanks for starting the thread.

*also, I moved this thread to the OffTopic section as it seemed more appropriate. Would you mind reposting your art to that thread with the description?

I didn't she a thread if off topic at the time of posting. Mind sharing a direct link?

justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
I appreciate this thread. I went to art school. I had a major episode and attempted ctb right before my senior year. I tried to finish the degree, but missed some required credits. That was over a decade ago. I've always felt like a failure for not finishing.

I haven't made any formal art since. Meaning art I'd call art. I still do little creative things, but honestly kind of scared of putting myself out there now. I've been thinking of my old work and considering ways to do something now.

This was a piece I did after my ctb attempt in school. It's called A Brief Survey of Voluntary Death. It's a simple wooden box that contains 19 6.5" x 6.5" prints on paper of various people who have ctb and dance macabre art. The reverse of the prints have typed text that includes details about the people, occasionally including things like suicide notes, and various quotes about suicide.

The box and the prints were treated to accentuate the tactile nature of the materials. The intended viewing would be allowing individuals to go through the prints and reflect. The box contains a print of a self portrait and details about my own attempts and how I made the piece to process my own feelings toward suicide. It's one of my favorite things I made in school.

View attachment 145606

Thanks. It's been nice to revisit. Once again SaSu with providing a safe place to share. Thanks for starting the thread.

I didn't she a thread if off topic at the time of posting. Mind sharing a direct link?
Sorry I forgot to send the link! https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/for-creatives-poetry-music-art-stories-oc.171233/

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_