IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023

Not sure how I feel about this. It would seem like the cat is out of the bag. Super cool to see organisations mention Sodium Nitrite, at the same time it worries me that the information is so accessible through google without having to login to a website. Found out earlier tonight that Sodium Nitrite is illegal in my country (without holding a license). It is prohibited like cyanide. I'm not deterred, though if I was working in customs and saw 'cyanide' on a bag it would be noticed and seem absolutely suspicious. I hate this situation. Let us die in peace.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, almaPerdida and doormat25
A

AveMori

Feb 10, 2023
It's definitely good if more people know about this option. I was in an even worse situation a year ago than I am now and would have loved to know about this option. It would have spared me from a ton of suffering.
However, with this becoming more and more public knowledge, it will become increasingly difficult to aquire SN. I feel for the people who might be unable to go that route in the future.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
"We do not advise on how to commit suicide, nor do we have any particular expertise in this regard.

PPH refers to a substance called "sodium nitrite".

Should you wish to pursue this any further, we suggest doing your own internet search for information about sodium nitrite – what it is used for, how it impacts on the functioning of the body, the medical risks involved, precautions to be taken, and where to source it legally."

**Wnk wnk ndge ndge **

Reactions: gardenfairy, jar-baby, almaPerdida and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I found out about it initially in The New York Times article. (The same article that lead me and many others here.) I think news articles and YouTubers are actually worse when they name the substance. They will be distributing the details to a far wider range of people. They in fact will be hoping that their media piece will get the substance and this website banned.

What's even more ironic in a way is- before coming here, I came across a police report online of a suicide via SN. They had taken pictures of the kit the guy had bought from the dark web- including the antiemetics he used! You would have thought that the police (of all people) would have thought that one through more...

But yes- the more suicides there are with it and the more well known it becomes- likely, the more restrictions there will be on the sale and distribution of it. It's been the same with other methods too. When they caught on that people were using helium, they started to mix a little oxygen in with it. (In the party balloon tanks anyhow.) I guess they can't mess with SN for commercial use but I'm sure even the manufacturers/ sellers don't want to get into trouble. So, it's not surprising that they are nervous.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

When I saw that DignitySA knew about SN, I freaked out but they seemed to have known about it for a while but no communities or organizations have raised the alarm on people using it to ctb because there's been no cases locally to warrant that course of action even if there's been a lot out there in the world.

almaPerdida

almaPerdida

"Oh God, I’m so depressed." - Marvin
Nov 24, 2023
It seems like SN is getting some more attention. There was also the case in Canada and Poland seems to be more careful with shipping SN lately. I hope it doesn't make it harder than it already is for the rest of the world to get SN. N is already hard to find, and i've seen a lot of "SN is the new N". If the media caughts on to this, they will try to treat SN just like N. But i think it's gonna be a bit harder to limit that since SN is used in the meat industry.

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
It seems like SN is getting some more attention. There was also the case in Canada and Poland seems to be more careful with shipping SN lately. I hope it doesn't make it harder than it already is for the rest of the world to get SN. N is already hard to find, and i've seen a lot of "SN is the new N". If the media caughts on to this, they will try to treat SN just like N. But i think it's gonna be a bit harder to limit that since SN is used in the meat industry.
Also I think there are more people who are afraid of SN. Ctb with N seems a little bit easier. So I'm hoping it will never become "famous" as "the new N"

Reactions: almaPerdida
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
I doubt SN can ever become as hard to get as N is due to the fact that it's extremely cheap and has a lot of common use cases. But regulations can make sure that it has to be bought from darkweb scammers instead of chemical suppliers.

Reactions: almaPerdida and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Sn isn't the new N, N is still superior to it as a method but for what people can get its about the best they can get plus the accessibility is still good enough in other parts of the world but for how long depends on several factors. Thing is, the sounding of the alarm on SN restrictions or awareness of it in media has been rung for years now.
Also I think there are more people who are afraid of SN. Ctb with N seems a little bit easier. So I'm hoping it will never become "famous" as "the new N"
Highly doubt it will, I mean people here are still terrified of it as a method so it won't get anywhere near what N was, not comparable at all. SN is just good enough to get the job done along with the supplementary meds to help but it's more so about how comfortable one is with the symptoms as wide varying as they are as we've seen many times on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
almaPerdida

almaPerdida

Nov 24, 2023
That's true, i completely agree. N is said to be very pacific and SN seems to cause some level of discomfort.

Sn isn't the new N, N is still superior to it as a method but for what people can get its about the best they can get plus the accessibility is still good enough in other parts of the world but for how long depends on several factors. Thing is, the sounding of the alarm on SN restrictions has been rung for years now.
Yep, i've heard SN as the new N because of the easier access, but N is still way better. The only problem with N is how hard it is to get nowadays. SN as been quite popular lately and i hope it doesn't make the access to it difficult.

I doubt SN can ever become as hard to get as N is due to the fact that it's extremely cheap and has a lot of common use cases. But regulations can make sure that it has to be bought from darkweb scammers instead of chemical suppliers.

There are some places only selling SN to companies and hope that doesn't become the norm. But you have good points, it is pretty cheap and has common uses, so it's not that easy for them to just ban it.

D

Deleted member 65988

That's true, i completely agree. N is said to be very pacific and SN seems to cause some level of discomfort.
Some is a relative way of putting it but it comes down to individual response and that has greatly varied where if one didn't call for help most of the time, chances are they would've ctb.

Yep, i've heard SN as the new N because of the easier access, but N is still way better. The only problem with N is how hard it is to get nowadays. SN as been quite popular lately and i hope it doesn't make the access to it difficult.
If we're comparing accessibility back when N was available the way it was then I guess you could say so but I'm not too familiar. No doubt SN is popular with many buying it to keep away to take whenever they want to ctb which is a fair reason to get it. I don't know how I'll be made even more difficult to access, it really depends how the country you are in responds to it unless there's a worldwide ban of SN all at once from residential addresses and public citizens who don't carry a license or whatever.

almaPerdida

almaPerdida

Nov 24, 2023
Some is a relative way of putting it but it comes down to individual response and that has greatly varied where if one didn't call for help most of the time, chances are they would've ctb.
Yeah it's very relative. Each body reacts in a way, and there's also many factors that can change that. Like the time of fasting, AE, anxiety etc. In general it's said to cause discomfort but it isn't easy to predict how someone will react to it.

If we're comparing accessibility back when N was available the way it was then I guess you could say so but I'm not too familiar. No doubt SN is popular with many buying it to keep away to take whenever they want to ctb which is a fair reason to get it. I don't know how I'll be made even more difficult to access, it really depends how the country you are in responds to it unless there's a worldwide ban of SN all at once from residential addresses and public citizens who don't carry a license or whatever.
I heard N was easy to get but i'm not too sure, but that's the only similarity that could make SN the new N. And even so, in some places it's pretty hard to get SN anyway so i don't think this could be said everywhere. And i think it's like we talked, in 3rd world countries they don't pay much attention to these stuff so there's a smaller chance a ban happens in these place.

Reactions: jar-baby
D

Deleted member 65988

I heard N was easy to get but i'm not too sure, but that's the only similarity that could make SN the new N. And even so, in some places it's pretty hard to get SN anyway so i don't think this could be said everywhere. And i think it's like we talked, in 3rd world countries they don't pay much attention to these stuff so there's a smaller chance a ban happens in these place.
if there was gonna be a response to SN in the countries you and I reside in, it would've happened by now especially you in Brazil since there's already been a few SN ctbs there. A response meaning taking the same measures people in the UK and US have to deal with.

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
if there was gonna be a response to SN in the countries you and I reside in, it would've happened by now especially you in Brazil since there's already been a few SN ctbs there. A response meaning taking the same measures people in the UK and US have to deal with.
Not sure I agree with that. A response can happen at anytime, and it is certainly overdue in countries like Brazil where SN continues to be sold freely.

D

Deleted member 65988

Not sure I agree with that. A response can happen at anytime, and it is certainly overdue in countries like Brazil where SN continues to be sold freely.
Again, as I said, it depends how the country decides to respond. Keep it mind that there are just some countries out there who are completely oblivious to this kind of thing because it's not like SN is making headlines all the time, outside this forum, there isn't much about it.