nootthenoot

nootthenoot

Your local cat lover
Oct 11, 2022
Gonna be frank here. I'm tired of life. I'm tired of the constant constraints that ppl have for me, and the fact that I have please people. In fact, all of what people have been saying to me is 'think of other people' or 'don't you worry about other people?' No I fucking don't. I'm tired of this. If this counseling doesn't work for me, I'm going to kill myself and no one will fucking stop me. I'm tired of having to please other people and make them happy. Why should my only reason to live be someone else? Hell yeah, it's fucking selfish, but after the constant bullying I went through as a kid, and the general misery that preceded and followed the bullying, I just want to be selfish for once. I'm sorry to who ever this will affect, but I'm done. By next year, if this 'counseling' won't work, I'll just commit suicide.

In other news, I'm new here! Anything I should know before becoming more active?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bigsmoke777, Duochrome-Seahorse, not-2-b-the-answer and 14 others
sleeps

sleeps

being a thing
Oct 12, 2022
hi, welcome, i'm new around here as well.

what you said resonates. what i think is truly selfish is insisting that someone continue living a life of pain and misery just because you'd rather they stick around.

its ok to leave if things are bad and won't get better. its nice to be here around folks who feel the same.

i wish you luck in your counseling and hope you may find peace however it comes.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bigsmoke777, Pisceslilith, peaches and 6 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Don't post sources of materials for methods. Read all of the rules. Learn all the acronyms that are used here (ctb, sn, n, d, dd, ic, etc). Some of these are sources and that's why acronyms are used. You can talk about anything you want here without judgment. Don't just trust what someone may tell you about something. You really need to follow-up and do your own research. If someone DM's you out of the blue with some offer of something, maybe something to help you ctb, don't fall for it. There are scammers on this forum.

Welcome. And I truly hope the counseling works for you. There's nothing wrong with living if you can find the reasons to. It's when the reasons become non-existent that we may need to choose a different option. It's all about you and what is right for you. No one here will tell you what you should, or shouldn't, do. It is always your choice, no one elses.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Bigsmoke777, peaches, doesitreallymatter and 5 others
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
I think having these thoughts generally means having lived too selflessly and being burned out, not getting anything back for the efforts. How can you give to other people when your own cup is empty? When it has been given all away already? Where there are winners, there will be losers. And the winners will want to keep winning, but they can only do that if the losers keep playing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: doesitreallymatter, HumansAreHell, nootthenoot and 2 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Gonna be frank here. I'm tired of life. I'm tired of the constant constraints that ppl have for me, and the fact that I have please people. In fact, all of what people have been saying to me is 'think of other people' or 'don't you worry about other people?' No I fucking don't. I'm tired of this. If this counseling doesn't work for me, I'm going to kill myself and no one will fucking stop me. I'm tired of having to please other people and make them happy. Why should my only reason to live be someone else? Hell yeah, it's fucking selfish, but after the constant bullying I went through as a kid, and the general misery that preceded and followed the bullying, I just want to be selfish for once. I'm sorry to who ever this will affect, but I'm done. By next year, if this 'counseling' won't work, I'll just commit suicide.

In other news, I'm new here! Anything I should know before becoming more active?
Advise you to simply be yourself. Do feel free to speak your mind, being able to do so is almost as good as ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nootthenoot and CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
People all say people not tell person not see inside suffer , all people society etc ,sorry pain suffering, welcom here talk free as want

• Love
Reactions: nootthenoot and ClownMe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Enduring this life can certainly be tiring, basically everything in this world makes me feel more tired and I believe that nobody should be guilt tripped and forced into continuing to live this life by others. They cannot see life from your point of view after all. If someone wants to leave then there is nothing wrong with that, it's a personal decision when to exit this life and that should be respected.

• Love
Reactions: nootthenoot
nootthenoot

nootthenoot

Your local cat lover
Oct 11, 2022
Hey all, thanks for the support. This is honestly what I needed to hear after all this bullshit I went through in my life. Just from reading this thread I can see the people here are more understanding and honest than all the other people who have tried to 'help' me in the past. I'll take all the advice and kind words you guys said to me to heart. Thank you so much :)

Reactions: doesitreallymatter
noalarms

noalarms

Jun 18, 2022
Anything I should know before becoming more active?

Research every method in detail, and more importantly, use sources outside of SS to research your preferred method.

This forum is like any other source - it includes misinformation, which in our case could lead to a painful death.

nootthenoot

nootthenoot

Your local cat lover
Oct 11, 2022
Research every method in detail, and more importantly, use sources outside of SS to research your preferred method.

This forum is like any other source - it includes misinformation, which in our case could lead to a painful death.
I see...so you're saying that scientific journals and credited articles and stuff like that should be used as a suppliment for this forum, or should they be something I should get most of my information from (for clarification)?

noalarms

noalarms

Jun 18, 2022
I see...so you're saying that scientific journals and credited articles and stuff like that should be used as a suppliment for this forum, or should they be something I should get most of my information from (for clarification)?
Besides the suicide resources thread and the most popular megathreads, most of posts on this forum aren't particulary well researched, so I would question anything you see here that is contradicted by scientific journals.

There are people who want to ctb that will promote methods that are quite suspect, and there are pro-lifers who make accounts to discourage people from commiting suicide by casting doubt on every method without researching them.

nootthenoot

nootthenoot

Your local cat lover
Oct 11, 2022
Besides the suicide resources thread and the most popular megathreads, most of posts on this forum aren't particulary well researched, so I would question anything you see here that is contradicted by scientific journals.

There are people who want to ctb that will promote methods that are quite suspect, and there are pro-lifers who make accounts to discourage people from commiting suicide by casting doubt on every method without researching them.
Makes sense considering the nature of this subject. I'll keep that in mind, espeacially the pro-lifers bit.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Just do your research, there is plenty of good info to be found here. I'm sorry your suffering has led you here, we all share pain in one form or another.

• Love
Reactions: nootthenoot
P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
Hey all, thanks for the support. This is honestly what I needed to hear after all this bullshit I went through in my life. Just from reading this thread I can see the people here are more understanding and honest than all the other people who have tried to 'help' me in the past. I'll take all the advice and kind words you guys said to me to heart. Thank you so much :)
Hi,
Welcome. I am new here also. I am also a cat person. Actually my bonds with all animals are the cleanest bonds for me.
I am also looking forward to being able to write what's really going on with me rather than acting all the time.

• Love
Reactions: sleeps