J

justemptilyexisting

Sep 26, 2022
Hello, everybody,

I have been a lurker on S.S. for a while now and recently joined to vent and connect with other like-minded people. Here is my story. I grew up in a very strict household that held strong academic expectations. This resulted in my drive to achieve perfection in my work. At such a young age, I did not realize the imbalance that created between my academic and social life, so I also grew up with social and general anxiety. I began feeling depressed before I hit my teenage years because I went through a period of isolation with my peers at school. This progressed into more years of change when I experienced bullying and additional pressure from my parents to become their "prized child." I eventually moved schools because of my peers and created a better social foundation I could produce friends from. However, I was still riddled with bouts of depression that would randomly appear with hints of suicidiality starting to appear. During the time of my transfer, I experienced my "first love" and became obsessed with my ex. I don't think there was ever a time where there was a genuine connection present; it was mainly based on the idea of loving someone because I never experienced it before. This relationship lasted into later years of my life. When that ended, I spiraled out of control and became more prone to suicide. I was also put on medication and finally officially diagnosed with MDD and anxiety. In addition to that happening, the pressure from my parents was getting worse because of school. I became so desperate and frustrated because of this pressure I decided to attempt at killing myself in the school bathroom with a belt and extra weight from my backpack. Before I enacted it though, I did thorough research on the Internet to ensure I was successful. I almost was… until the belt snapped. I woke up about 10 minutes later from passing out, gathered my things from the ground, and proceeded to attend class like nothing happened. I didn't know my attempt had left marks on my neck until my classmate told me. Later, I stupidly told a friend that I had marks on my neck from an earlier attempt and proceeded to send pictures. They told my parents and I was off to the mental hospital, where I spent a week there and went through a month of intensive care. Even after I got out, I still attempted suicide, hoping that I would just be gone already. It wasn't until that next year that I met a recent ex, who changed my life. With them, I experienced a genuine relationship. I felt like I was truly happy for once; with the world, with everything, with myself. That doesn't mean I wasn't depressed and suicidal, however. When we ended, I became my usual depressed and secluded self again. It was nice knowing that there are some people who will prolong your lifespan, even for a little bit. We have agreed to talk because of the impact our relationship had on the both of us, but I have not responded in a week. I am afraid of seeing their text, which might trigger me to commit suicide. Everyday, I wonder when if I'm going to take my life soon or live a little longer for some hope that may or may not come. Everyday, I move towards making an attempt by searching up methods while subsequently trying to improve my life. I feel like I am living on the edge everyday, and I am tired of living in general. My medication and depression are slowly eating away at my memory and health. Even with all the distractions I try on myself, the suicidal thoughts come back, strong as ever. I might even do another partial or try to order SN. I just know one thing: I want to die by my own hand. Thank you for reading.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop, Euthanza, Dead Meat and 3 others
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Hello, I feel I might be in similar situation but I am a bit younger. The pressure is huge, isn't It? To perform and be the best. Fear of failure was a fuel to my previous attempts. I also tried partial. If you feel that their texts might trigger you then tell them that, maybe they will understand? But what do I know? I am not good at relationships.
Damn, feels bad to know that you had to go through mental institutions.

Reactions: makethepainstop and justemptilyexisting
J

justemptilyexisting

Sep 26, 2022
Hello, I feel I might be in similar situation but I am a bit younger. The pressure is huge, isn't It? To perform and be the best. Fear of failure was a fuel to my previous attempts. I also tried partial. If you feel that their texts might trigger you then tell them that, maybe they will understand? But what do I know? I am not good at relationships.
Damn, feels bad to know that you had to go through mental institutions.
The pressure is absolutely horrible, for sure. Before I started my school year, my parents told me that I didn't have to get good grades, but just passing. I can't tell you how bad it was to hear that; that I did so bad the previous year for them to tell me that. The pressure still lingers (even if most of it's gone by now) and it is still an current drive to commit suicide. Also, I have tried to bring myself to text them about my situation, but I just can't. My brain is constantly telling me to not bother them. Only I know my suffering because I haven't told anyone about my impending plans to ctb. Another thing is that I find it difficult to break the cycle of being depressed because it's a feeling I've known for so long. Maybe at this point, I am heading towards that fate.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop and actual_fox
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
The pressure is absolutely horrible, for sure. Before I started my school year, my parents told me that I didn't have to get good grades, but just passing. I can't tell you how bad it was to hear that; that I did so bad the previous year for them to tell me that. The pressure still lingers (even if most of it's gone by now) and it is still an current drive to commit suicide. Also, I have tried to bring myself to text them about my situation, but I just can't. My brain is constantly telling me to not bother them. Only I know my suffering because I haven't told anyone about my impending plans to ctb. Another thing is that I find it difficult to break the cycle of being depressed because it's a feeling I've known for so long. Maybe at this point, I am heading towards that fate.
I know you are in pain, but your parents would not understand If you told them you want to ctb, they would probably just focus on ctb part and not to why you wnat to do It or how you feel. We must unfortunately stay lonely in our desires to die because we risk being imprisoned in mental institutions or being put on heavy duty drugs, some of them have horrible side effects. If you told them you feel terrible but do not say that you plan to ctb then be careful because when I told my parents then they did try to lowkey gaslight me.

I have not been pressured hard when I was in Uni but before that It has been hell. Like Studying everyday for hours and expectations to do best, to achieve. I turned from go getter to depressed fuck and now I feel better then I was. Still yet I feel I want to leave- just the date changes, It is complicated.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's understandable wanting to exit at a time of your choosing as after all, we will all die anyway so it's preferable to take control over when we die. It does sound tiring what you have been through and to me it's understandable wanting to escape from it all. Life does just seem to be endless problems and suffering with no real relief.
I wish you the best.