Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I've had episodes of intense grief and panic before but yesterday was something else. I had no control and couldn't breath. It lasted for 5 hours and I'm still feeling the effects of it today. My head is ringing.

Cause of it? I politely asked someone to stop sharing old messages of mine and she turned it into a "get over it, move on" conversation. Further saying I have no dignity left and making me feel like I'm awful and desperate.

For some reason it always feels worse hearing it from another woman than it does with a man.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Luchs, Woodnote and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
No surprise if you were already feeling anxious and someone started attacking you over a very reasonable request. Sorry you had to go through that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pryras
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Yeah be very careful what info you give to people in this digital age its all so easy to be used against us if they turn on u i've witnessed it quite a few times. Whatever is being shared op it will be exhausted eventually and people will mostly forget about it and move on to something else.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Yeah be very careful what info you give to people in this digital age its all so easy to be used against us if they turn on u i've witnessed it quite a few times. Whatever is being shared op it will be exhausted eventually and people will mostly forget about it and move on to something else.

It was a strange conversation, and I just wanted her to stop and she turned it around on me. I've never been pushed so h

• Hugs
Reactions: terry_a_davis and Woodnote
S

Searchinghope

Mar 14, 2020
I take clonazepam for mild anxiety. And in night if I am having severe episode escilatlopram it helps. Try getting prescription from doctor it might help

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You stated a boundary. She denied it and attempted to override it. She wants to do what she's doing and doesn't want to stop, therefore, your asking her to stop...needed to stop. That's a first defense. If you hold your ground, she will come up with a different defense. Eventually, if you do not stop, she may do something like stop the relationship.

Put another way, she is doing something wrong. She projected onto you that you are in the wrong. You made her action wrong, she parried with, "Your action is wrong" and tried to reinforce it with "You are wrong!"

You approached with respect and did not invalidate her, only the action. In return, she verbally assaulted and attempted to invalidate you.

I can see how that could trigger an anxiety attack. You were attacked.

• Love
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
anxiety or panic? Anxiety builds and can linger, Panic is sudden no warning, and is over as quick as it began but its effects can linger for too long, take it easy on yourself, rest up, and fuck everyone else. Either way both are bitches, and can make you exhausted, allow yourself to process this, and don't feel bad

@GoodPersonEffed has worded everything perfectly, I need say no more,

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
anxiety or panic? Anxiety builds and can linger, Panic is sudden no warning, and is over as quick as it began but its effects can linger for too long, take it easy on yourself, rest up, and fuck everyone else. Either way both are bitches, and can make you exhausted, allow yourself to process this, and don't feel bad

@GoodPersonEffed has worded everything perfectly, I need say no more,

Definitely panic, almost felt surreal and irrational. Never felt so scared before, I'm not sure of what. Scared, and I couldn't breath, like I was going to die. Sounds ridiculous In context with a trivial conversation but it brought up feelings of invalidation of what happened to me. Another story but she was aware of something traumatic that happened to me in the past and that's where the "get over it" "it's been a while, no?" Comments came from.
You stated a boundary. She denied it and attempted to override it. She wants to do what she's doing and doesn't want to stop, therefore, your asking her to stop...needed to stop. That's a first defense. If you hold your ground, she will come up with a different defense. Eventually, if you do not stop, she may do something like stop the relationship.

Put another way, she is doing something wrong. She projected onto you that you are in the wrong. You made her action wrong, she parried with, "Your action is wrong" and tried to reinforce it with "You are wrong!"

You approached with respect and did not invalidate her, only the action. In return, she verbally assaulted and attempted to invalidate you.

I can see how that could trigger an anxiety attack. You were attacked.

Thank you for breaking it down and putting it into perspective, it's relieving to read and know that I'm not the crazy one here for having boundaries. It's something I'm trying to establish slowly, then people like this make me question myself when I shouldn't be.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed