ladidabi

ladidabi

Losing all hope is freedom.
Mar 19, 2023
Alright so... I mentioned a while back my shit situation with my doctor. I managed to have the strength to contact the mental health sector in my university and was called in for a meeting 2 days later after no help from him (my GP). I knew from the beginning that the people who work at my university will not help me directly with this, but out of desperation I did it anyway.
I had to fill a form before getting an appointment from them. To my surprise, a message the day before the appointment to show up was hard to believe, as I've heard other students having to wait weeks, if not months for their first meeting. Well once I had the meeting (online), which lasted about 30 minutes (most of the appointment consisted of me screaming at the lady and crying) - she actually called my doctor during the online meeting with speaker to tell him that he's not doing his job right, and how he should during the easter break that was, work on getting things further for me.

Things are going too fast though, and I'm feeling overwhelmed. Today got a letter from the psychiatric hospital where I'll be meeting two psychologists! I don't know why there were two people listed.. It's scaring me. I still struggle to believe I got an appointment only 2 weeks ahead. My country is known for months, if not years of waiting time.. But here I am, with an appointment the day after my birthday. I am aware that waiting time varies of severity, and I know I said some things to the psych nurse from university that sure, is true, but I feel they will now use it against me, somehow..

I don't know if I should cheer or cry. I have a deep regret every doing this and I haven't even shown up yet. I know that literally nobody can tell what will happen from now on, but does anybody have any idea or thoughts on this? I'm really stressed and ambivalent about the situation.

Edit: sorry for whatever spelling mistakes and bs I write. I'm very stressed and right now can't bother to correct or read through this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: western_heart, masochisticsorrow and Cathy Ames
masochisticsorrow

masochisticsorrow

Apr 15, 2023
Hey man, don't stress too much, if anything happens just know they're just doing their job in helping you. Sometimes our attempts to get help are scary, but they are almost always worth it. I know it's scary but I think it's a good thing that your getting the help you need early. They understand why you're yelling, they probably deal with that more than you thin.
Hey man, don't stress too much, if anything happens just know they're just doing their job in helping you. Sometimes our attempts to get help are scary, but they are almost always worth it. I know it's scary but I think it's a good thing that your getting the help you need early. They understand why you're yelling, they probably deal with that more than you thin.
Sorry for spelling mistakes

Reactions: luminiby
luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
if you're screaming and crying just 30 minutes into your online appointment, then I can see why they've decided to point 2 psychiatrists towards you. You might be downplaying your suffering or you're just so used to it you think it's normal. See how it goes! Maybe this may be a good step in the right direction for you