SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
I'm thinking if I stay around and live my purpose in life would be to love & serve the people around me.
I need a purpose in life, because that was the only thing that drove me when I was a christian.
However, when I realized God doesn't exist, my entire life fell a part and I had no way to live again.
So I'm thinking why not love others even if it seems like "what's the point?" I feel like in the small time we have
here on earth, each of us deserves the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: broth0100, Preh1storic_Rib, JoysoftheEmptiness and 4 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I think that's great. Adding to being good to others, I'd say it's a great journey to try and understand others and why they are the way they are; understand this human condition. No god means it is a statistical wonder that creatures like humans came to be. This life is a chance to study them. And through giving people an honest evaluation, you will find it is easier to empathize and want to be good to them.

• Hugs
Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness, ForgottenAgain, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
I'm thinking if I stay around and live my purpose in life would be to love & serve the people around me.
Congratulations for realizing what most people fail to. There are morals, so there's purpose, and you don't need a God for it. Full support in your journey.

Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness, ForgottenAgain, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Student
Jul 11, 2024
However, when I realized God doesn't exist, my entire life fell a part and I had no way to live again.
This happened to me as well. I really miss how hopeful I was when I was a believer.

Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
That purpose is so beautiful. I think that should be our purpose as humans, to help each other and the creatures that inhabit this planet.
I hope your heart can fill full with that purpose, it is a wonderful thing to do.

Reactions: JoysoftheEmptiness
JoysoftheEmptiness

JoysoftheEmptiness

Sep 10, 2024
I used to be a Christian, I sort of gone over to Messianic Judaism, a religion I practice every day, God exists, but I find Christianity wasn't teaching any truth from the Bible. Yeshua is my Messhiah, Yahweh is my God, and Shabbat is my Sabbath. I've failed my God so many times. Probably why I've hated myself so much. I live, because I got a life, my ex-girlfriend and best friend died 2 weeks ago, still struggling with that, but I still continue to fight on. I have EUPD/BPD, I self harm, mentally I'm a bit messed up, but I'm still here. Take care people, and please stay safe x

Todsünde

Todsünde

witnessing the battle between my body and my soul
Apr 20, 2024
I'm not religious in the common sense but I think without giving ourselves a reason to endure all this suffering of existence it will drive us into madness. Hope you'll find a way worth living and the reason why we keep enduring all this can only be chosen by oneself.