yeaimhere13

yeaimhere13

why me?
Sep 14, 2023
ive struggled with OCD, anxiety, and episodic depression for almost my entire life, but after years of mindlessly going through "therapy" and accomplishing nothing, i've decided to take a leap of faith and push myself to work towards a better future and overall better life. today was my second therapy session with a new therapist, and i already really like them. we discussed my childhood and how growing up with OCD affected me as i got older, which ended in them practically confronting me about my existential OCD that i try so hard to ignore. i used to tell myself that eventually one day i would magically recover from my OCD and be in a much better position, but my therapist has sorta helped me realize that that is simply not the case and it's going to take genuine effort from me to overcome my mind obstacles. what a refreshing conversation that was. though in my experience, i've never viewed therapy as a place to "recover" necessarily. it was always chatting about this and complaining about that and just getting nowhere. but now i feel confident after laying out all of my issues with the therapist that i'm ready for change. i want to get better. and i know i will with enough time and effort :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: idontknow99, penguinl0v3s, rock3 and 2 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Aww happy to hear that! While therapy is a place where you can vent, I strongly believe it has to be venting with direction, like what you're doing in trying to figuring out how to change. Sounds like you're in a better mindset that will make therapy work well for you.