W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Just got a job offer, it is a contract position but could care less about it being contract. Gee, I guess someone could finally see past the gray hair and wrinkles and see the real me. I am over the moon as I never thought anyone ever was going to pick me up. The one aspect that I do not know if I will like is that I have to be in the air again (travel).

It is along the same work that I have done for almost 30 years so an easy transition back into the workforce. My new boss is over 25 years my junior and I actually love that aspect. We are all the same.

Sorry, as I did not want to take up any one's time reading this boring tidbit of my personal life, but I am VERY HAPPY and having no one and nowhere to say it, I hope that it is ok saying it here.

Thank you to everyone here for being supportive and a great friend to/for me and I consider everyone here my family that I have never had till now, thank you!

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LionsTigersAndBears, Kristicide, Sittichmutter and 48 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Hope it works out, some good news for once.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, _Minsk, allesistgut and 3 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Congrats Walter that's great to hear!

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, _Minsk, allesistgut and 3 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Well deserved, congrats! Hope it works out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, _Minsk, allesistgut and 4 others
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
Secure the bag! (That's slang for making money, bag of money.)

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, allesistgut, Dead Meat and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Walter that is amazing , im so happy for you, and the travelling will sure help you to see new places and cultures.I am also over the moon for you,hope you still manage to say hello to us once in a while and say how is it going. Hugs sweetie, xoxo.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, _Minsk, allesistgut and 4 others
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
God Walter I'm so happy for you, you're an amazing person and you deserve the world, congrats!

Don't even dare to say that it's ''a boring tidbit of your personal life'', reading it legit made me happier and relieved for you, thank you for sharing this news with us and congrats again! I'm so glad you found someone who recognises your worth

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, allesistgut, Dead Meat and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well deserved, congrats! Hope it works out.
Thank you so much!! It is so darn nice to have such good friends, like you! here.

Again, thank you for being so caring and kind.

Walter
Secure the bag! (That's slang for making money, bag of money.)
Thank you! I have never heard that saying before. I will say this much that I dug my heals in as far as what I wanted for compensation and after a lot of back n' forth they said yes.

I always cherish all of my friends/family here so very much and having you as an awesome soul that has been so nice to me, I just have to say a huge thank you. Darn I am crying right now, sorry. So happy to have such a fantastic family here.

Take care my good friend.

Walter
Walter that is amazing , im so happy for you, and the travelling will sure help you to see new places and cultures.I am also over the moon for you,hope you still manage to say hello to us once in a while and say how is it going. Hugs sweetie, xoxo.
Thank you so much @Sherri! In my 29.5 years before being laid off, I travel some years up to 40 weeks a year. I have been to a lot of the world, BUT not all the places that I want to go yet. I still have not been to the UK, Spain, Portugal and some other countries in Europe and I really want to go to Nepal sightseeing sometime.

This is my HOME period and each and every person here to me is family, right or wrong, and I will always be here, unless I get kicked out or something of that nature. Sanctioned Suicide is a home for me that I never ever have had, and all the folks here are like brothers and sisters to me.

I love your taste in music @Sherri and I will always be here and maybe you can educate me more in various styles of music.

Thank you again for being so nice to me, you are truly a caring and loving soul here.

Walter
God Walter I'm so happy for you, you're an amazing person and you deserve the world, congrats!

Don't even dare to say that it's ''a boring tidbit of your personal life'', reading it legit made me happier and relieved for you, thank you for sharing this news with us and congrats again! I'm so glad you found someone who recognises your worth
I have to say @ncmxm that I have been crying writing these posts as everyone here means so much to me and I am never going away. I truly appreciate how nice you are, especially about the aspect of a person's worth. Yes, I could never understand what some gray hair and a few wrinkles had to do with what one can bring to the table.

Thank you as reading your post just shows how kind and caring of a spirit you are. I am so humbled to have you as a friend.

Before, Sanctioned Suicide, my life was an empty existence and folks like you and all the other awesome souls here, have made my life, since June 2020, just so much more of life fulfillment.

Thank you so very much!

Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Disappointered, allesistgut and 4 others
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
Congratulations. I wish you the absolute best of luck with your new job.

• Love
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
You are a lucky man for having something you look forward to. Congratulations.

I actually hate doing a job and want to die.

• Hugs
  • Love
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Congratulations! You totally deserve it. You didn't give up. Have a great day.

• Love
  • Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Congratulations. I wish you the absolute best of luck with your new job.
Thank you so much for the kind post to me. I truly appreciate it so much.

You are a reason that I am doing ok, as you help me daily, thank you.

Walter
You are a lucky man for having something you look forward to. Congratulations.

I actually hate doing a job and want to die.
Thank you and also, my heart breaks reading your post as I wish upon you lots of sunny days, caring and kind thoughts and the knowledge that you are very valuable here and this site would not be the same without you'

Please try and remember that you are a kind and thoughtful person with so much to give everyone here and elsewhere.

All my best to you always.

Walter
Congratulations! You totally deserve it. You didn't give up. Have a great day.
You made me cry (again) in a nice way as when I read your statement about not giving up. I sent out over 500, yes 500 resumes, and had countless interviews that always ended with something about my age as being a factor.

I truly credit Sanctioned Suicide and all the awesome folks here as it helped me and guided me to keep going and that I have so many friends here.

Thank you so much for the kind message as you prove my last statement about how much everyone helps and affects me here in the best of ways.

I thank you for being so nice to me and being there for me and others.

Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I am so happy for you my friend. I wish you all the best things yet to come!

• Love
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am so happy for you my friend. I wish you all the best things yet to come!
I thank you so very much. It is so nice to have folks like you not only as a great friend but knowing that I do not have to feel like I am all alone in this world anymore.

Again, thank you and have a great day!

Walter

• Love
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I thank you so very much. It is so nice to have folks like you not only as a great friend but knowing that I do not have to feel like I am all alone in this world anymore.

Again, thank you and have a great day!

Walter
You are never truly alone. I have you in my heart always and in my thoughts as it allows it! Feel free to message me if you ever feel like that and I mean it. Have a wonderful day

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Dead Meat, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am pleased for you. I wish you the best. I hope it goes well.

• Love
Auto Immunity After

Auto Immunity After

LOOKING FOR THE CURE FOR AUTO IMMUNE
Jul 20, 2021
Great News Walter!! Of course they picked you. I wish you every happiness. Good things do happen to good people every day and yesterday was your day.

• Love
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am pleased for you. I wish you the best. I hope it goes well.
Thank you so very much for the very thoughtful message. I am just beside myself with how darn nice everyone is here, and you are a shining example for darn sure!

I truly feel like I for the first time in my entire life have a family. I have cried with every message here to me.

I am truly speechless.

Thank you again ever so much.

Walter
Great News Walter!! Of course they picked you. I wish you every happiness. Good things do happen to good people every day and yesterday was your day.
I thank you for the lovely message! Like I have said before here, for the first time in my life I feel like I have a family. I wear my heart on my sleeve and you make it beat louder!

Again, thank you.

Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Congrats Walter. :heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:

So happy for you.
It's always great when there is good news here. Not gonna lie, I got a little emotional reading everyone's replies.
People are so caring here. Sometimes there are a few that aren't, but the majority are awesome.
Why is it so hard to get that IRL? Most times S.S. is the only support people have.
I'm sure you will keep in touch and let us know how everything is going.:heart::hug::heart:

Take care

• Love
  • Hugs
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Walter you got me all teary-eyed for you! You deserve this good news. I'm so happy for you, congratulations!! That employer doesn't even know the fantastic person they just gained. I start my new job on Monday so we'll start together, shake those new job jitters and keep our spirits up. Well wishes to you.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, allesistgut, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Dead Meat

Dead Meat

DOOMED
Oct 10, 2018
Congratulations my very dear friend Walter I wish you all the Luck in the world with your new job. I'm very happy for you :heart::hug::heart::hug:

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, allesistgut and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Walter you got me all teary-eyed for you! You deserve this good news. I'm so happy for you, congratulations!! That employer doesn't even know the fantastic person they just gained. I start my new job on Monday so we'll start together, shake those new job jitters and keep our spirits up. Well wishes to you.
Congratulations!! Fantastic for you. I am so super happy that you have a new position. You richly deserve it 100%

Thank you for the very nice message to me, as it is just so wonderful having such great friends, like you! here.

Congrats to you and thank you and have a great rest of this week and an awesome upcoming weekend.

Walter
Congrats Walter. :heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:

So happy for you.
It's always great when there is good news here. Not gonna lie, I got a little emotional reading everyone's replies.
People are so caring here. Sometimes there are a few that aren't, but the majority are awesome.
Why is it so hard to get that IRL? Most times S.S. is the only support people have.
I'm sure you will keep in touch and let us know how everything is going.:heart::hug::heart:

Take care
WOW!! Thank you so much, as you are like family to me. Never had any till I found this site. I totally with you as far as most of the folks here are truly just the best humans on the planet, hands down.

For the very first time in my life, I have a home and with folks, like you, it really helps both my physical and mental aspects so very much.

Have a wonderful rest of this week.

Walter
Congratulations my very dear friend Walter I wish you all the Luck in the world with your new job. I'm very happy for you :heart::hug::heart::hug:
Hi @Dead Meat! Thank you for the awesome message. I have dried no stop since I started reading all the so kind messages to me, like yours! and I know now that I have a home here.

You always have been so nice to me, and I cherish my friendship with you a lot.

Have a great week my good friend.

Walter

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat and 2 others
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
that's great news! i'm so happy for you walter! i hope all goes well! ❤️

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, whywere, Dead Meat and 1 other person
katagiri83

katagiri83

Like tears in rain
Jan 4, 2022
Walter, your resilience is amazing ✌️.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, whywere, Dead Meat and 2 others
Eternally Dottie

Eternally Dottie

Dreamer
Dec 17, 2021
Congratulations Walter that is great news. I'm sure you will be an asset to your new employer. You deserve happiness and I wish you every success in your new job 😊. I hope you get to travel to those places you've never been to one day

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, allesistgut and whywere
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Congratulations! That's great news! I'm very happy for you. 🙂

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, allesistgut and whywere
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Congratulations on this new opportunity, Walter. It's heartening to know that your employers value the industry experience you've accumulated over the years, and the professional expertise you'll be able to offer. I wish you all the best, and may success be with you always :heart:

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, LastFlowers, allesistgut and 2 others