Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I responded to a meme, and my post initially had a positive reception only for this normie bitch (Idk why she was on 2meirl4meirl) to jump down my throat and make a bunch of assumptions about me, namely that I'm a dude and an incel. When I shot back and said she was assuming a ton of shit and was incorrect, I got dog piled.

You say anything about being forever single and liking women and every Tom, Dick, and Harry wants to talk shit about how you deserve to be alone and pick apart everything you're doing wrong like a particularly ineffective self-help coach.

I'm so fucking sick of other people off this website. Apparently, I'm too far out there for even Reddit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Life sucks, divorceddepression and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Lol @ normies. One trick to dealing with this sort of thing is trying to figure out what the person is trying to accomplish by opening their mouth/laptop in the first place. A classical re-framing that takes the focus off of yourself.

It's not really important to actually figure out why people say what they say, just speculating is enough to realize that they are lacking something, want something or have some trait or other, etc.

Reactions: Ame, Life sucks, ithappens and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Lol @ normies. One trick to dealing with this sort of thing is trying to figure out what the person is trying to accomplish by opening their mouth/laptop in the first place. A classical re-framing that takes the focus off of yourself.

It's not really important to actually figure out why people say what they say, just speculating is enough to realize that they are lacking something, want something or have some trait or other, etc.
That's a healthy perspective to have. When I take a step back, I suppose there is a lot of irony in my post, as I have been condescending to people on here and Reddit as well. I think people just want to act superior, and incels are a very easy target.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
The internet can be cruel - some places more than others. I think that it is hypocritical how Reddit as a whole has virtually sanitized any (pro-choice) discussion of suicide, because in part it "makes people feel uncomfortable", but at the same time there seems to be rampant verbal abuse among quite a few subreddits that is not kept in check - despite this having the same effect.

It is wrong to be needlessly unkind to another person... unless they share (inoffensive) views that go against what the group believes; at which point the preaching of kindness and empathy is discarded.

Reactions: Feeding Pigeons, BottomlessPit, Life sucks and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
The internet can be cruel - some places more than others. I think that it is hypocritical how Reddit as a whole has virtually sanitized any (pro-choice) discussion of suicide, because in part it "makes people feel uncomfortable", but at the same time there seems to be rampant verbal abuse among quite a few subreddits that is not kept in check - despite this having the same effect.

It is wrong to be needlessly unkind to another person... unless they share (inoffensive) views that go against what the group believes; at which point the preaching of kindness and empathy is discarded.
It reminds me exactly of all the positivity bullshit pushed by HR at workplaces. Let's get these people to self-help workshops while continuing to abuse them at work and underpay them! That'll fix the rampant malaise and job dissatisfaction!

It's all hypocrisy and cheap fixes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Life sucks, Sprite_Geist and 1 other person
BeyondGoodNEvil

BeyondGoodNEvil

Jun 22, 2020
honestly reddit is not a bad place when it comes to finding out about shit/what you need.
but dont ever engage with the community its not worth it.

Reactions: Life sucks, Sprite_Geist and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
honestly reddit is not a bad place when it comes to finding out about shit/what you need.
Yeah, and I've gotten shit on before asking even basic questions, so it's often poor for that too. It's much better to browse threads and lurk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It reminds me exactly of all the positivity bullshit pushed by HR at workplaces. Let's get these people to self-help workshops while continuing to abuse them at work and underpay them! That'll fix the rampant malaise and job dissatisfaction!

It's all hypocrisy and cheap fixes.
Yes. Good point!

I was watching a video a few weeks ago were a person was talking about the mistreatment of blue-collar workers, and they said something along the lines of: "The Human Resources department is there to protect the company - not the employees."

I have visited photography-related subreddits where users in general seemed very friendly to engage; the comments consisted of people asking and answering questions among themselves - I had the same experience with a science subreddit. From my experience the more hostile subreddits are those that involve politics, or nationality.

Reactions: Celerity
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I responded to a meme, and my post initially had a positive reception only for this normie bitch (Idk why she was on 2meirl4meirl) to jump down my throat and make a bunch of assumptions about me, namely that I'm a dude and an incel. When I shot back and said she was assuming a ton of shit and was incorrect, I got dog piled.

You say anything about being forever single and liking women and every Tom, Dick, and Harry wants to talk shit about how you deserve to be alone and pick apart everything you're doing wrong like a particularly ineffective self-help coach.

I'm so fucking sick of other people off this website. Apparently, I'm too far out there for even Reddit.
I am a reddit user and I dont blame you. Your decision is reasonable .

I belong to a sub on reddit of r/lockdownskepticism and post regular criticism of lockdowns. I get on really well with people on the sub yes they are few arseholes. I love the sub

When I am on a normal sub wanting to discuss different things people would go through my post history and bring up my anti lockdown posts . I have been treated badly by reddit users because of this

I made a thread asking for help with issues in my own personal life. People brought up my anti lockdown threads and used it to mock and judge me. I made a post about this a couple of days ago about it on here.
The worst people I found on reddit were those preaching mental health and behaving like arm chair therapists , pervy men private messaging, people who dont want to listen to alternate perspectives, racists, misogynists, homophobic and hateful people in general.

I use online forums as I am so lonely in the real world. My parents work and don't understand me at all , teenage sibling has school and social life , my friends work and being unemployed everyone talks about thier work life and I can't engage as I don't work.

If I had a real purpose everyday to wake up for and a lot going for me I would have been ok and

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Celerity
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
The Reddit community is mostly trash.

I've deleted many accounts because there's always some creep who digs up your post history.

I have multiple accounts if I want to comment on different subs.

Surprised I haven't gotten banned from r/masskillers for giving out wholesome awards.

Reactions: Celerity and Life sucks
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Reddit is toxic. It's only good to get some info, otherwise the interaction are usually very bad and harmful. Humans are trash and Reddit is a perfect place for them to attack and be unkind, there are people who try to look at the post history, who send offensive messages or chat, there are people who try to annoy as much as possible, There are people who downvotes for no reason. It's really a cesspool and not worth it.

Reactions: Celerity