AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I got a part time fry cook job and I realized I'm only taking whatever cash I can get after Christmas just to wait til my mom goes back to work so I can finally hang myself.

I'm only going through the motions of therapy and just trying to convince them everything is ok cause I honestly don't find my life that barely has any future for me worth living.

Reactions: mattwitt, Trashcan, TheLastTrip and 8 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Feel this way too, it's impressive that you even managed to get a job I think. Is it a busy place? What's the kitchen like? Are there other people working on pot wash in the same work area as you?

I'm just curious because I worked a pot wash job alongside some cooks and it was brutal, restaurant environment is relentless especially when it's busy, couldn't really handle the physical or mental stress. Wishing you the best of luck in it though.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Trashcan
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Feel this way too, it's impressive that you even managed to get a job I think. Is it a busy place? What's the kitchen like? Are there other people working on pot wash in the same work area as you?

I'm just curious because I worked a pot wash job alongside some cooks and it was brutal, restaurant environment is relentless especially when it's busy, couldn't really handle the physical or mental stress. Wishing you the best of luck in it though.
Yeah, but supposedly I'm in there for a couple hours just to clean or prep stuff and then I can get the hell out. I'd prefer a full time job but it's better than nothing and even if I hate it I'm going to force myself to deal with it until my ctb date anyways.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Ohhh I see that's not so bad then, at least you don't have to deal with the mad rush of cleaning an entire kitchen in the evening. Not to downplay your achievement though, I couldn't even get myself a shittiest of temp jobs. Proud of u

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan, Otto and 1 other person
TheLastTrip

TheLastTrip

Experienced
Nov 2, 2018
Congrats on getting a job @AveryConure

'm just curious because I worked a pot wash job alongside some cooks and it was brutal, restaurant environment is relentless especially when it's busy, couldn't really handle the physical or mental stress.

I used to love being a washer in a pub just because the relentless workload meant I couldn't get lost in my own head!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, AveryConure, weedoge and 2 others
D

Drew Raskansky

Nov 2, 2018
Keep it up man love you ♥️

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Congrats on getting a job @AveryConure

I used to love being a washer in a pub just because the relentless workload meant I couldn't get lost in my own head!
God I wish that's how it was. I shut off mentally but my body would start giving up after a few hours of the day and when I finally got severe hunger pangs and pains in my back and stuff every single work day I just couldn't take it anymore. It was so busy there too, all the social interaction, I just cracked in the end and walked out.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TheLastTrip and AveryConure
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
God I wish that's how it was. I shut off mentally but my body would start giving up after a few hours of the day and when I finally got severe hunger pangs and pains in my back and stuff every single work day I just couldn't take it anymore. It was so busy there too, all the social interaction, I just cracked in the end and walked out.
One of the reasons I prefer having a job than being on disability is cause supervisors knew I didn't mind doing extra stuff once in a while and being busy helps me not think about the shitty things that pops up once in a while. Though my last job forced me to basically work 70 hours a week and I nearly broke a bone working for only a 7.75 paycheck so there's...definitely a limit.

Sorry to hear about that though.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheLastTrip
TheLastTrip

TheLastTrip

Experienced
Nov 2, 2018
In my last job I was working up to 60 hours a week but only being paid for 39 :angry:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and AveryConure
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Well done on the job, and myself, well I'm still trying to land a job, even if it's a shitty job since I don't have income at the moment. I can't just rely on my parents' meager handouts and they have threatened to cut me off in the past. I've also hate the grind of work, but if I am to live more than a few months and not go homeless and die of starvation, elements, or streets, then I would need to generate income to get by. In my long term life, well I don't plan on living for more than a few years from now, depending on how much shittier the world keeps getting.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and AveryConure