• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
So recently I celebrated my 26th Birthday with a mental breakdown and sushi.
Realising that I made it another year at first made me angry & suicidal but then something changed.
It was like a fire in me that decided to call up this non profit place that does inpatient treatment. I was scared but made the call so now I'm looking at being housed by the end the week.
I'm so scared because its a new expierence and I'm trying to gather the funds to put my dog up for that those seven days. That'll be a doozy but I'm excited too.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Congratulations, I hope your excitement does tend to make you reluctant to talk. A therapist will generally want you to provide lost of information about yourself so that they might be able to think of suggestions that could help. You may also wish to take advantage of the time to ask questions of them yourself.

Reactions: CC123 and Sensei
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for sharing, and good luck. This is a huge step, and I hope that it will be a good experience for you. I'm 25 and had the same breakdown on my birthday, only that I'm not really over it yet, and it's probably gonna last until I turn 26. Hope I get the same fire in me as you did, and that it lasts of course.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm proud of you :heart: It takes courage to admit that you need help, and even more courage to actually take action to seek it out.

I sincerely hope that therapy helps you and that you can start feeling better in the near future!

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I hope you are able to find the help you are seeking.I hope your treatment facility is one of the best and you will leave with some new skills to get through things. Pat yourself on the back better yet HUG yourself really tightly for taking this step.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
We're all so proud of you for making this huge step. I hope you come out of it with a new lease on life.