D

divaangel

Mar 16, 2019
Just brainstorming as cutting on forearms/wrists seems to be a common, yet ineffective, method for trying to end one's pain. Has anyone attempted to cut the femoral artery? It's relatively close to the surface and the pulse can be easily felt in the groin area. It doesn't seem that it would take much more fortitude to slice there than the forearms and it would have a much greater likelihood of actually being successful. Perhaps I've watched too many episodes of Dexter... :)

Reactions: Salvacion
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Just brainstorming as cutting on forearms/wrists seems to be a common, yet ineffective, method for trying to end one's pain. Has anyone attempted to cut the femoral artery? It's relatively close to the surface and the pulse can be easily felt in the groin area. It doesn't seem that it would take much more fortitude to slice there than the forearms and it would have a much greater likelihood of actually being successful. Perhaps I've watched too many episodes of Dexter... :)
Years ago I had a mental break down and I tried to cut my wrists in the bathtub with warm water and it failed.

Alecsa

Alecsa

Potater
Jan 21, 2019
Knew someone who ctb with this method. Probably easier to stab your way into it than wrist slitting.

Reactions: divaangel and Salvacion
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Knew someone who ctb with this method. Probably easier to stab your way into it than wrist slitting.

Wow, I never realized it would be so easy- I mean that would be a damn deep stab...
Where is it located in the thigh tho? Like inner?

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
This picture always gets me. This perfectly encapsulates how much fame he had. It's like the saying goes, what would a man gain if he gained the whole world yet lost his own soul.

http://i.ido.bi/assets/post/2017/09/lp.jpg

D

divaangel

Mar 16, 2019
Wow, I never realized it would be so easy- I mean that would be a damn deep stab...

The most accessible point is in the groin, where your thigh meets your trunk. From my nursing years, it's only about 1/4-1/2 inch under the skin. This is the vessel that a cannula is placed for certain procedures like cardiac catheterization.

I got curious this morning if this had ever been tried.

Reactions: Alecsa and Salvacion
Alecsa

Alecsa

Potater
Jan 21, 2019
The most accessible point is in the groin, where your thigh meets your trunk. From my nursing years, it's only about 1/4-1/2 inch under the skin. This is the vessel that a cannula is placed for certain procedures like cardiac catheterization.

I got curious this morning if this had ever been tried.

This is very detailed. Tbh not sure how the person I knew came to know about this, he had a learning disability, and he ctb when internet wasn't as accessible as it is now but he still succeeded ctb through this method.

I'm not sure if it would really be easier, but I feel like a swift, downward motion with a sharp object might be easier than actively trying to cut your wrists. Also it is fairly easier to locate than most veins/arteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: divaangel
Nobodysfault

Nobodysfault

"If my soul be lost, its nobodys fault but mine"
Mar 21, 2019
Cutting the femoral artery may be fatal if not treated on time, this is the longest artery in the body and will cause a faster blood lost than cutting wrists ( depending on how long and deep your incision is) BUT it is almost impossible to achieve sufficient cut on your own due to our survival instinct, most likley the pain will stop you from doing it right, its very hard to press so deep, dragging the knife into the skin and pulling it out.
The act itself is very painful and also the process of dying - you're literally being drained of blood, You will go through the 4 staged of hypovolemic shock up to the point where you can not be saved but still alive.
if your being found on time it will be pretty easy to save you simply by placing a tourniquet, using Fluid infusion and if neccessary starting CPR using a defibrillator - you will be alive and maybe even well. ( if not well then missing a limb or having major brain damage).
So yeah, this is also pretty inafficent and slow unless you think you can cut it deep enough and drag the knife long enough(it may take 5 to 60++ minutes to die of hypovelemic shock due to different cuts of the femoral artery )

Reactions: divaangel
Alecsa

Alecsa

Potater
Jan 21, 2019
So yeah, this is also pretty inafficent and slow unless you think you can cut it deep enough and drag the knife long enough(it may take 5 to 60++ minutes to die of hypovelemic shock due to different cuts of the femoral artery )

Rather inefficient and salvageable, true but only if it isn't planned correctly. I believe bleeding out is a method best done with blood thinners and/or sedatives. The point of CTB is "to not be found on time" hence if that is taken out the equation through proper planning, it remains a very viable option.

The pain of hypovolemic shock is generally disregarded due to the person's lack of information or just pure preference and commitment to the method. The artery depth also varies per person, it is roughly an inch ++ depending on the person's body type. Would not recommend for someone heavier set. Wrist slitting might be more efficient (less fat tissues around vein/artery)

IMO stabby-stabby is easier than slicing your skin open (wrist slitting) but that's just me. I'd probably stab my wrist if I really wanted to bleed out.

As for survival instinct, well, that goes for every other method if you're not at peace with yourself CTB.