C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
Totally odd and random comment, but I'll just say it lol. I kinda/sorta/really like the feeling of compressing my carotids. I don't mean that in some kind of sexual way, trust me. But I have noticed that when I "practice" hanging by holding the rope or doing a noncommittal partial hang, I love the tingly/wobbly/lightheaded feeling it gives me. Normal or totally unusual?

Reactions: Worndown
verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
Since ideally you want it to compress it completely to quickly lose consciousness maybe it's a comforting feeling of security and certainty they give, I'm also oddly attracted to the carotids.

L

lnlybnny

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2024
I don't plan to hang as I changed my preferred method but I perfectly understand what you mean. I feel the same way.

A

Anotherlastchance2

Sep 18, 2024
Totally odd and random comment, but I'll just say it lol. I kinda/sorta/really like the feeling of compressing my carotids. I don't mean that in some kind of sexual way, trust me. But I have noticed that when I "practice" hanging by holding the rope or doing a noncommittal partial hang, I love the tingly/wobbly/lightheaded feeling it gives me. Normal or totally unusual?
First song that comes to mind

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This is how AEA kills so many people. They just push a little more riding the euphoria and oops, dead.

Reactions: lachrymost
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Wizard
Aug 28, 2021
I have read obout the following theory: The cortex has an inhibitory effect on the limbic system. The limbic system causes emotions and euphoria. The cortex goes into an energy saving mode if there is a lack of oxygen and as a result the limbic system is no longer supressed. The energy saving mode leads to unconsciousness. This is the reason why males who hang themselfes get an erection thougt they are unconscious.

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
For me it calms me and for me nothing can go wrong so less fear of failure than fully suspended. It makes me concentrate on breathing I intend to take it off , and I do its what's intended. But if I can't and I die then that's not a concern for me. Though I know it's not a healthy way to stay living. I can understand why you like that feeling.