• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Safira

Safira

An empty soul isolated and fuelled by desperation
Apr 3, 2018
Sometimes i feel like the whole "call a hotline and they'll send police over" or "attempt to buy ___ and they'll call 911" scenarios will breach into online space more than they already have (looking at you Reddit).
Idk, i just fear i'm putting too much of myself into this account (more than my ip address, easily found, and sparse details about myself anyway) and i may be caught and interrogated about my stance on suicide (and my own mental health) in the future. It's scary, i hope to god it doesn't happen, but i can't help fearing. I want to try and support others as much as i feel i'm able to, but this kinda stuff intimidates me to the point i fear reaching out.

Anyone else feel this way sometimes? Perhaps on other sites too? Just don't wanna feel like more of a loon than i already am.

Cyanide

Cyanide

It's muffin time!!!
Apr 13, 2018
I guess using some measures to protect your privacy would be beneficial. Just use a VPN, access this site through Tor browser, don't post something too personal, make another account with an email id (preferably encrypted like protonmail) that you don't use much. If you're really paranoid, use a live USB version of a privacy focused OS like Tails OS or Qubes OS.

P.S. Fuck Reddit

Safira

Safira

An empty soul isolated and fuelled by desperation
Apr 3, 2018
You're not a loon. Trust me. It's totally understandable considering today's world. I also deal with the same anxiety.

Thanks, having someone who shares these thoughts helps. <3 Just fucking sucks that this is considered acceptable due to some arbitrary moral high ground people rush to adopt.

With all the recent attacks on our subject matter, I think paranoia makes sense.

Buttfuckit, I'm hurting no-one. My right and access to an off button is something I'll defend and protect.

Ikr, it's a human right, just like the right to have a child. It similarly may be taken away in rare exceptions but we should all be able to end our own lives when we feel it's time. Thanks for the validation too, it's helping. <3

I guess using some measures to protect your privacy would be beneficial. Just use a VPN, access this site through Tor browser, don't post something too personal, make another account with an email id (preferably encrypted like protonmail) that you don't use much. If you're really paranoid, use a live USB version of a privacy focused OS like Tails OS or Qubes OS.

P.S. Fuck Reddit

Thinking of getting a secure VPN soon yeah, especially considering the recent data privacy scandals and the attacks against net neutrality (god i hate these old rich politicians). You think NordVPN is a good choice?
I think the Tor browser may be going too far for me, but i'm slowly making safer choices as i go, so thanks for the other recommendations <3 I'll definitely be careful about personal information on this site, my post about my family is the furthest i'll go i'm certain. And yeah, fuck Reddit. Using it less and less each week, i'm only sticking around for random bits of news my go-to channels don't pick up on and a couple specific fandoms to see hype.

Thank you all again.