SunshineFading

SunshineFading

Oct 20, 2024
Hi everyone. I've been browsing for a while prior to joining, and I wanted to say how horrible healthcare and health insurance are a thing which with my finances, if I paid for health insurance, I wouldn't be able to afford groceries without my partner carrying me all the time. I feel horrible because I have a clotting disorder, and a slew of mental health diagnosis, mostly stemming from trauma like PTSD and depression. The doctors and therapists without insurance are far from financially healthy at this point, as the costs and debts are piling up, and there is only so much my partner can do to "save me" from myself without the whole ship utterly collapsing. I just feel very lost with all this, with all the medical care slowly becoming financially unfeasible, and with me constantly burdening my partner (he and my Mom are all that remains at this point in my life in terms of supporting me, which as an adult is super humiliating, for me anyways). I just feel like my whole life has been a neverending circus from hell, and while there might still be hope, it feels like it'll come at the cost of my independence (due to being financially dependent on my partner to keep my medical care continued). The short of it is The Insurance system sucks, and the care I get as an uninsured person is doubly worse, especially with the amount of doctor visits I have to do yearly to make sure the blood clotting doesn't take me. Sorry if this nonsensical to some or all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori