hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Today I was supposed to go back to work. I mean I was working remotely for the last two months but today I had to go back to office. I could not take it and I had a big panic attack to the point that I had to go to the first aid where they treated me. The made me take a leave of absence for medical reasons.

When I communicated this to my supervisor he did not even bother to ask me how I am. He just told me that this creates a lot of administrative problems. Mind, we are a public administration in a country famous for the inefficiencies of the public administration section, nobody will notice I am not there. He did not show any sign of compassion or care, just the fact that he probably has to fill a form. The real funny thing is that this guy is very religious, his office if full of crosses and other sacred images, he goes to church every sunday. I am happy to be agnostic in such situation.

That said this is giving me another reason to be tired with this life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, katagiri83, OpheliasFlowers and 13 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
What an asshole. Hope you're feeling better now that you're home. Don't let it eat you up inside, *hugs*

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
He kept insisting about "what do I have". I just told him that I have something serious (because depression IS serious) but that was not enough for him.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Dead Ghost, outatime_85 and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
You can calmly explain to him, today the word depression has become so denatured that many people take it only as a transitory state of sadness.
The reality, now that I think about it, is that precisely this situation can make your supervisor not understand the extent of the illness.

In any case, think that maybe, if the cancellation process takes longer, you will have to explain it.

//

Li pots explicar tranquilament, avuí día la paraula depressió s'ha desnaturalitzat tant que molta gent s'ho agafa només com un estat de tristesa transitori.
La realitat, ara que ho penso, es que precisament aquesta situació pot fer que el teu supervisor no entengui l'abast de l'enfermetat.

En tot cas pensa que potser, d'allargar-se el procés de baixa, ho hauràs d'explicar.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Sometimes that type of person uses their religious virtue-signaling to overcompensate for lacking empathy. Why else would all the religions talk endlessly about peace, yet have a history of warfare? It could be dangerous to try and get any understanding out of someone like that. Best to have as little to do with him as possible.

Reactions: Élégie, katagiri83 and OpheliasFlowers
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are going through this. It's understandable as to why you would be so tired. I just think that many people are selfish and they don't care about others. There does seem to be a lot of people like that in this world. I wish you relief from your suffering.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I could see why you would feel hurt by his response. I could be wrong, but what I've learned when people reply coldly like that is that you're touching on something that they themselves also struggle with, but do not want to be affected by. As in, he may himself suffer from depression but doesn't want to be reminded/affected and is saving face. Either that, or the more likely scenario is that he has no direct understanding of mental health issues and how debilitating it can be. Certainly you wouldn't be the only worker suffering with depression/anxiety there, so he/she should probably get to grips on how to talk about such issues in a human way.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Dead Ghost
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
A heartless buerocratic system produces cold hearted people. He is an asshole, but it is kinda sad to see the effect of our modern society on people that don't react like many on here.

Reactions: Disappointered
worst.therapist

worst.therapist

Aug 25, 2022
i dont think anyone that uses a cute bunny pic deserves this :c

made me think that some people have faith without a purpose, they don't even know why themselves believe in a religion..

anyway, i hope you can feel better on next days, hugs and 🥕 for u 😋

• Yay!
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Dead Ghost
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
i dont think anyone that uses a cute bunny pic deserves this :c

made me think that some people have faith without a purpose, they don't even know why themselves believe in a religion..

anyway, i hope you can feel better on next days, hugs and 🥕 for u 😋
Thanks for the kind words, I am not a good person and I have done maybe bad things in the past. They are the reason I feel done with this world. Everybody would be happier. I like the bunny looks like the ones in a farm I cannot visit anymore.
A heartless buerocratic system produces cold hearted people. He is an asshole, but it is kinda sad to see the effect of our modern society on people that don't react like many on here.
It seems he is worried he will lose face in front of others because a person in his group is sick.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, worst.therapist and rationaltake