• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
When I was a child and teenager I felt I was so good when gaming even if I wasn´t on top of the scoreboard I felt passionate and on fire because I got kills now I feel like I am so shit at gaming and I also am apathetic towards it so gaming is so boring to me just like everything else. Anyone else feel like this? Like playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, Counter Strike Source and other online games in the past I just felt like I was amazing.

• Love
Reactions: Luchs, Worthless_nobody, Wolfjob_dayjob and 3 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Gaming has lost all its appeal to me. I, like you, was a avid gamer going all the way back to the very first gaming systems. But there is now nothing new coming through. Same old franchise pushing the same old shit with a few tweaks here and there. I was hoping that gaming would have evolved by now, but alas, its all been empty promises.

So now I play Backgammon online and Mahjong and the odd game of Poker. Thats the extent of my gaming these days. My xbox is redundant and I have not played ESO in months.

Reactions: Sunset Limited, Wayfaerer and TheGoodGuy
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Yup, it lost it's magick for me too.
Most games feel like a chore to play and finish.
Not sure what brought this change... My declining mental health probably made me lose interest in the games and maybe the games are just getting repetitive and boring.

Reactions: Sunset Limited and TheGoodGuy
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've been a hardcore PC gamer for a very long time but even that has lost it's appeal to me. I've never been this crushed before and I've been depressed for a very long time now. Never thought I'd see the day I'd go weeks not playing anything and even then it's just a couple hours at a time; I can't even force it.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Gaming has lost all its appeal to me. I, like you, was a avid gamer going all the way back to the very first gaming systems. But there is now nothing new coming through. Same old franchise pushing the same old shit with a few tweaks here and there. I was hoping that gaming would have evolved by now, but alas, its all been empty promises.

So now I play Backgammon online and Mahjong and the odd game of Poker. Thats the extent of my gaming these days. My xbox is redundant and I have not played ESO in months.
My PC can´t run any new games and I have lost all my passion because of apathy so I most likely wouldn´t enjoy them much anyways but I agree with you I thought gaming would be way more evolved too I have played since Playstation 1 and Gameboy Color and the old Medal of Honor Allied Assault and GTA 2 for PS1 so I have played video games all my life.

Everything today is just a rehash of older franchises like the last battlefield game I bought was BF4 and I have played since Battlefield 2 (2005) but all new FPS games is either just rehashed and also full of parkour you can´t vault through windows, over things and just jump away from the enemy it´s fucking shit.
I've been a hardcore PC gamer for a very long time but even that has lost it's appeal to me. I've never been this crushed before and I've been depressed for a very long time now. Never thought I'd see the day I'd go weeks not playing anything and even then it's just a couple hours at a time; I can't even force it.
I hear you as I already said I have been playing video games since childhood and sometimes I will go weeks or even a couple months at one point without playing anything because I don´t find any joy in it anymore and it´s so sad since gaming used to be such a big part of my life and such a passion.

Reactions: Sunset Limited, Wayfaerer and SinisterKid
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
@TheGoodGuy PC games to me were a form of escapism and I can no longer imagine being in the shoes of whatever I'm playing. I just can't relate to it anymore and I feel like the only thing my brain is capable of feeling is a persistently dull pain. It's the same thing with movies but I can still kind of enjoy those if I'm on something as they are only passive experiences. Sober? Forget it.

Battlefield 2 really takes me back. Played the hell out of that when I was a teen. The only midly pleasurable experiences I have now are recollecting nostalgic memories of when I was younger and things were less shitty. However, they also add sadness as I was completely oblivious as to where my future was going to head.

Last edited:
  • Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
@TheGoodGuy PC games to me were a form of escapism and I can no longer imagine being in the shoes of whatever I'm playing. I just can't relate to it anymore and I feel like the only thing my brain is capable of feeling is a persistently dull pain. It's the same thing with movies but I can still kind of enjoy those if I'm on something as they are only passive experiences. Sober? Forget it.

Battlefield 2 really takes me back. Played the hell out of that when I was a teen. The only midly pleasurable experiences I have now are recollecting nostalgic memories of when I was younger and things were less shitty. However, they also add sadness as I completely oblivious as to where my future was going to head.
I hear you, I am so apathetic now I can´t enjoy anything and I can´t hardly watch a movie anymore only when drunk they can be a little entertaining.

And I love Battlefield 2 I can´t decide it that was my favorite battlefield game or if it was Bad Company 2 because I love both of them so much also these to games were before they introduced parkour into the game where you can just jump away from the enemy and vault through windows as you can in the newer games I hate that parkour and vaulting shit it has ruined first person shooter games.

Reactions: Wayfaerer and spanishguy22
Pykul

Pykul

Sep 22, 2019
Gaming is a mental distraction I need! I even started another round of Skyrim two days ago. Vikings: War of clans got too expensive.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Erin Inari
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
When I was a child and teenager I felt I was so good when gaming even if I wasn´t on top of the scoreboard I felt passionate and on fire because I got kills now I feel like I am so shit at gaming and I also am apathetic towards it so gaming is so boring to me just like everything else. Anyone else feel like this? Like playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, Counter Strike Source and other online games in the past I just felt like I was amazing.

All games are boring for me now except one competitive game i played since Im 12 yo because theres a small community i always knew and I dont reall get happy Joy from it not at all its just for the dopamine that motivatws me to improve and reach the top hopefully soon before ctb lmao.
But at the end its all Empty just dopamine without the happy feeling so its worthless but my only distraction so it keeps me sane now.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
All games are boring for me now except one competitive game i played since Im 12 yo because theres a small community i always knew and I dont reall get happy Joy from it not at all its just for the dopamine that motivatws me to improve and reach the top hopefully soon before ctb lmao.
But at the end its all Empty just dopamine without the happy feeling so its worthless but my only distraction so it keeps me sane now.
What competitive game is that you still play?

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
What competitive game is that you still play?
Mount and blade warband its called. We have a nice little multiplayer community and we make tournaments and have a matchmaking system which is rly fun

Reactions: Sunset Limited, TheGoodGuy and Wolfjob_dayjob
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh dude. I played Counter Strike 1.5. After the internet cafe was closed, we used to play until the morning of +10 people. I really felt like I was alive. It was a great passion. Now I'm not interested. Even watching movies is boring.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Pykul and Wolfjob_dayjob
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I used to be ok at counter strike. I can't play any reflex games at all now, I guess overwatch. I can't stand competitive co op games now!

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I don't care anymore. I've been distracting from my problems with games since Battlefield 2 was current gen. Can't play any of it now, it's truly painful. SNES and Megadrive are my childhood and take me back to a time before that but even then I just tend to play the easy ones. Lifes punishing enough. The collection I built up was all for nothing. I really just need a time machine to go back to 2005 but I can't have it. I'm stuck here in a time I don't belong in with my future in the past. I haven't played anything in a while because it just reminds me what I'm giving up. I like them and it's not fair. I can't go on just to play games, I absolutely have to die

• Aww..
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Lol yeah, i played competitive cod for a while, and just really grinded it, and tried to switch and play comp fortnite; but such things are really only temporary solutions. you're feelings and emotions of how you truly feel are eventually gonna make their way into such outlets we find as an escape for us.

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Mount and blade warband its called. We have a nice little multiplayer community and we make tournaments and have a matchmaking system which is rly fun
Looks very cool I like the idea of the game I just watched a video of the gameplay of the game.
Ohhh dude. I played Counter Strike 1.5. After the internet cafe was closed, we used to play until the morning of +10 people. I really felt like I was alive. It was a great passion. Now I'm not interested. Even watching movies is boring.
Yeah I miss that feeling of being alive I had such a passion for gaming back then I remember the butterflies in my stomach of pure excitement when installing a new game or coming home from school to play a new game I can´t believe I will never experience that feeling ever again.
I used to be ok at counter strike. I can't play any reflex games at all now, I guess overwatch. I can't stand competitive co op games now!
Same here we peaked earlier in life and I can say for myself I have become to old for these reflex games I am 25 and my reflexes in these games are shit I miss feeling like a pro player back when playing Counter Strike Source thinking I was so good even though I wasn´t on top of the score board I had such a clear mind no brainfog, fatigue or apathy just passion, fun and a clear young mind.

I don't care anymore. I've been distracting from my problems with games since Battlefield 2 was current gen. Can't play any of it now, it's truly painful. SNES and Megadrive are my childhood and take me back to a time before that but even then I just tend to play the easy ones. Lifes punishing enough. The collection I built up was all for nothing. I really just need a time machine to go back to 2005 but I can't have it. I'm stuck here in a time I don't belong in with my future in the past. I haven't played anything in a while because it just reminds me what I'm giving up. I like them and it's not fair. I can't go on just to play games, I absolutely have to die
I can so relate to this I wanna go back too not only because of apathy and how miserable my life is but I just don´t belong in this age everything is shit all movies and games are just rehash of earlier ones, all the politics and all the hate I can´t take it I miss life as it was as a child in the 90´s and early 00´s where politics and hatred were none existent while everything was so original with all the new exciting shows and toys that got created e.g. Pokemon, Yugi-Oh, Beyblade, Digimon everything was so much fun and such an adventure to get immersed in even the weather was different it would start snowing already in November and in December everything would be covered in so much snow that made Christmas all the more Christmassy that was in the 90´s and early 00´s for the last 10+ years there are almost no snow in Denmark anymore we never have a white Christmas it will first start snowing usually in January or later literally the whole world has changed I just wanna be a child again! :aw:

• Love
Reactions: Mr2005, Sunset Limited and spanishguy22
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I miss that feeling of being alive I had such a passion for gaming back then I remember the butterflies in my stomach of pure excitement when installing a new game or coming home from school to play a new game I can´t believe I will never experience that feeling ever again.

I swear that people with billions of dollars may not have enjoyed life so much! I used to play for eight hours, but it sounded like an hour. A friend of mine said for the counter strike "more fun than sex". Same dude was running to go to internet cafe :))

I think the reason we enjoyed so much at that time was probably because it was new in our lives. The current games are almost the same. Just the graphics are different. Different colors of the same shit. I have just recently played in the town of salem. And Diablo 3. Responsibilities and working life fuck the human brain. I couldn't concentrate on playing games. Still, it's nice to know someone who once shared the same pleasures. We know what this passion means.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy and spanishguy22
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Looks very cool I like the idea of the game I just watched a video of the gameplay of the game.

Same here we peaked earlier in life and I can say for myself I have become to old for these reflex games I am 25 and my reflexes in these games are shit I miss feeling like a pro player back when playing Counter Strike Source thinking I was so good even though I wasn´t on top of the score board I had such a clear mind no brainfog, fatigue or apathy just passion, fun and a clear young mind.

I can so relate to this I wanna go back too not only because of apathy and how miserable my life is but I just don´t belong in this age everything is shit all movies and games are just rehash of earlier ones, all the politics and all the hate I can´t take it I miss life as it was as a child in the 90´s and early 00´s where politics and hatred were none existent while everything was so original with all the new exciting shows and toys that got created e.g. Pokemon, Yugi-Oh, Beyblade, Digimon everything was so much fun and such an adventure to get immersed in even the weather was different it would start snowing already in November and in December everything would be covered in so much snow that made Christmas all the more Christmassy that was in the 90´s and early 00´s for the last 10+ years there are almost no snow in Denmark anymore we never have a white Christmas it will first start snowing usually in January or later literally the whole world has changed I just wanna be a child again! :aw:
Yeah it all changed while I was sleeping. Life stopped and a waiting game began in the mid noughties. Now the kids are grown up and I'm getting old. Feels like it happened overnight. Didn't appreciate what I had at all and thought I had forever to piss around.

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah it all changed while I was sleeping. Life stopped and a waiting game began in the mid noughties. Now the kids are grown up and I'm getting old. Feels like it happened overnight. Didn't appreciate what I had at all and thought I had forever to piss around.
Yup it feels like it was not long ago life was good and/or interesting but here I am 25 years old and I don´t know where the time went it just passed by while I was rotting in my room.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited and Mr2005
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I don't really play video games anymore, especially competitive multiplayer ones. I find those kind of games way too stressful and I have enough stress and competition in real life.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
B

brain problems

defective
May 31, 2019
I dunno what it is, but it's much harder to REALLY get invested in games as an adult. My younger self had no issues getting completely lost in the fictional worlds, making up my own characters with their own backstories, all that jazz. But now almost every time I play something, my mind at some point goes "wait, this isn't real" and it knocks me out of the experience. It sucks because I don't want to be in the real world lol

• Love
Reactions: spanishguy22