• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
A few days ago, I temporarily unblocked one of my IRL friends (I blocked all my IRL friends a while ago). We used to work on a business idea together, and a potential client reached out to me to ask about the business. I didn't want to deal with this potential client, so I reached out to my friend to let him take this client.
This IRL friend knows about my depression and suicidal thoughts. Before I unblocked him a few days ago, I had him on my blocked contacts list for 2 months, so we haven't talked for a while. When I reached out to him to direct him to the potential client, he started saying things like, "I was so worried about you when you became a recluse. If you were gone, I'd feel extremely guilty. So please don't go. Things get better."
The last sentence just made my blood boil. I know he meant well, but my god....
After that conversation, I blocked him again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Kikoo Loool, bayarea, Maksimka Ai and 4 others
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Do he usually do this stupid things?.....really some people are so lost when dealing with this....
Talking about IRL i have this "friend" with borderline attacking me for 3 weeks more or less with her narcissistic rage (adult temper tantrum).
I could block her but she could get worst ..... she called my house 15 times and whatever i tell her makes her more and more upset....

Ugh IRL "friends"...

Reactions: Maksimka Ai
J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
I would feel annoyed too ... sometimes I wish people said nothing at all than give the scripted "life gets better it'll be okay"
Hug

Reactions: ScorpiusDragon, Maksimka Ai and Orin
Gavr1212

Gavr1212

Jun 24, 2019
I can see myself being annoyed at that response... but I also know I've said similar things to others who expressed interest in suicide, years ago. He may have chosen his words poorly, in particular with the "I'd feel guilty" part, but chances are he's never really contemplated killing himself, and never felt a strong need to die. It may not matter, but it does sound like your friend cares about you. I hope you can forgive him, even if you never speak to him again.

Reactions: cornflowerblue
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
IRL people irks me all the time. It's all about me me me me me.... probably I'm also just like em.

ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
Do he usually do this stupid things?.....really some people are so lost when dealing with this....
Talking about IRL i have this "friend" with borderline attacking me for 3 weeks more or less with her narcissistic rage (adult temper tantrum).
I could block her but she could get worst ..... she called my house 15 times and whatever i tell her makes her more and more upset....

Ugh IRL "friends"...
I know he means well but I don't think he is capable of thinking beyond platitudes.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
i hate empty sentiments (like "it gets better" and "you need to move on") too but i do kind've understand why some have used them with me, because putting myself in their shoes, i realise it's hard knowing what to say to a person who is suicidal.

Reactions: memento_mori and Jen0804
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Saying crap lie "things will get better" is, at the least, ignorant. At most, it's a non-acknowledgement of our plight. Also, in my case things WLL get better, but they also will drop precipitous. Especially if patterns continue they way the have been. I've just learned to internalize it and not say anything at all.

Raggas

Raggas

Suicide is self expression
Dec 31, 2018
You just need to understand that they don't know any better.

Reactions: LifeIsACurse