SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's frustrating just to mention something negative and to be repeatedly lectured about how I should be enjoying life. It's done just about everywhere every time someone gets the chance, and before I found this website it would happen whenever I searched the topic of suicide. Others seem to think that bad things should be ignored as they don't contribute to the value of life. However, I think they are valid and you don't have to look at them for long before reaching the conclusion that life is meaningless and forcing people to stay alive is horrible. I never asked to be told that I should be enjoying life but it is annoyingly one of the main things said to me, which is made even worse by the fact that many of those who tell it to me are cruel and unlikable. I only want to be dead and it would be so much better if people took me seriously and acknowledged my wishes, I guess that's too much to ask though as they will always look down upon me. We really live in such a selfish world where everyone is on their own, and to say otherwise is to live deluded.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, Hollowman, NierAutomataMyLove and 5 others
ireallylikemangoes

ireallylikemangoes

Ultimately delicious!
Mar 31, 2023
I agree, if one wishes to make another person enjoy life, one should provide a reason to enjoy it. It's not like we only want to wallow in misery and not help ourselves, we are only miserable because this world does not accept the existence of any deviation from the norm (mental illness, physical illness, neurodivergency, being lgbtq+ etc.) yet expects us to be content with the heavy restrains placed on us. Things like these is why this site exists and has so many members to begin with, instead of telling people to be happy, maybe one should figure out why people are unhappy and try to do something about it.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Rational man
Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
the truth is that those who don't suffer from depression will usually give you obvious and superficial advice because these people just can't understand our pain. when I hear this kind of thing I just ignore it because I know the person doesn't know what he's talking about. That's why I avoid talking about what I feel to friends or parents because I know that this type of thing will probably be said

Reactions: ireallylikemangoes, Lost in a Dream and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
The.people telling you to enjoy life are unhappy in themselves. For a start, if they loved you they would accept you.for who you are and not pressure you into leading the false life like so many people live. Only you can find contentment and its not for anyone to say otherwise. You wont find wise heads amongst fools who wont accept that by and large, life is about sufference. Isnt that why we have disease, poverty, homeless, etc. ?

Reactions: ireallylikemangoes and Lost in a Dream
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The fact that many glorify how harmful and futile existence really is just shows how delusional people really are. There is nothing positive about this burden that was so unfairly forced on us, where all that is inevitable for us as humans is suffering, decay and loss. Life really is so unnecessary and this world where there is unlimited potential for us to suffer undeniably is hell. Some people just have awareness of the way that life really is, not everyone is as insane as pro suffering people.

• Aww..
Reactions: myusername890, ireallylikemangoes, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
T

TheSadStranger

Out of time...
Mar 30, 2023
Life is like a game of poker. You get dealt a hand and you have to stick with that hand. What you decide to do in the game is entirely up to you. You should be aware of your choices. Sticking through the game could bring you great happiness or it could be a total flop. It's up to you to know "When to hold'em and when to fold'em".

I hope only the best for you.

Reactions: ireallylikemangoes
D

Danielwc

Mar 21, 2023
The people that tell us to enjoy life obviously don't feel the way we do. They've never been visited by the darkness we live with everyday. If life's a gift they can have it. I've watched my grandparents and parents rot away for months trying to hold on to this life. People are just so scared, I'm scared. I fear the life after this could be worse. Is that any reason to live?