T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
I've found the information on partial hanging on the site, to be very uplifting. It sounds complex to get right, but on the positive, it seems as though if not interrupted, death could be achieved with little pain. I'd always thought of hanging as having to have a drop, which despite the quickness of a neck break seems harder than jumping off a cliff. I must begin to start experimenting with the "becoming unconscious quickly" element.

However, despite being dead, I have this fear of no one finding me. I don't want a parent to find me, and it is cruel for a stranger, but in a weird way, I don't want to be alone after death. The thought of just hanging in a forest as a cold body seems so lonely. It's the same sort of thought as jumping at Beachy head into a cold sea, and no search for the body till the next day. Sounds silly perhaps. What I thought I would do, is find a secluded spot in a wood, but put a note in the mail to the police, with the coordinates of "my tree", the day when I go. Hopefully it would arrive and they would come to find my body. Does this loneliness after death seem weird?

Reactions: Soul, TheGoodGuy and ShadowOfTheDay
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Tally, I sympathise - but could it also be some degree of ambivalence about c'ing the b at this time? If I wanted to leave directions to the site I don't think I'd mail them to the police - that's too much risk that I'd be interrupted before getting the job done. I think I'd leave directions in a desk drawer or in the refrigerator or somewhere like that where they'd definitely be found, but not immediately. A few days hanging out alone in the woods would probably be good for me once I'm dead - at any rate it wouldn't kill me. 8]

T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Soul,

Nice to meet you.

Regarding the police issue, If I was hanging self tonight, and put the note in the post today, it wouldn't arrive via postal mail until tomorrow morning ie the morning after the night I's passed so would be quite safe at not being caught or found till after death. I'd feel there was a greater sadness to knowing you were hanging in a wood for 3 days. Yes dead, but perhaps it is something in my psyche that I would still be sad for your body

Reactions: Soul
Only Me Here

Only Me Here

Apr 29, 2019
Tally if something goes wrong tonight and it doesnt work out they will have your letter and then you may not get a 2nd try quickly. Why not email delay? If it doesnt work you can at least cancel sending it.

Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Tally, Only Me Here has pointed out what I mean about mailing a note before the fact. Thanks, Only Me Here!